No Love for Osky?

Moderator: Tiki

No Love for Osky?

Postby jlowekc » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:08 pm

Hey there folks....

I want to run the Double O, Osky and Ottumwa in one day. What say all of you? I would look for sponsors of course, and try to make it cool, but don't wanna step on any toes. Have thought about this for YEARS......

Of course living in both places and playing Osky and Wildwood (first played Wildwood in 1978?-some type of festival activity)...miss the martian cones.

Miss Grahams, and Dutch letters of coruse.

Whats the Word on Memorial in Ottumwa?

Just seemed lonely in here as well for no posting.
I know TJ used to have own site, but c'mon someone has to have something to say.
jlowekc

Postby Tiki » Tue May 15, 2007 3:25 pm

I've tossed that idea around also. Only using Hills instead of Wildwood as Hills is actually maintained.

I'd love to have a 2 day tournament. Play 1 round at all 3 courses and then either a 4th round at Memorial or a final at Hills or the nine holer that we might be getting in Osky. It would be a great time! I like the sound of the Double O.

There is too much infighting going on in Ottumwa to get anything done. The old guard doesn't want change and the current guard is fed up with all of the politics so nothing is getting done. They are slowly creeping towards getting the funds raised to pay for Memorial. But I have heard Fryguy say that after Memorial is in, he's done.

And good luck finding the sponsors to fund the tournament.

There is a good possibility that there will be a 'C' Tier at Hills on August 4th.
Tiki

Postby Murph » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:58 pm

I started playing disc golf on the martian cones with a single disc. I can't remember the disc's name. It was a first run disc. I think it was called the challenger or Crush or something like that.
Murph

Postby jlowekc » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:27 pm

well....when I come up in a few weeks I'll start asking some more people about it, and seeing if we can make it a $$$$ tourney for the baskets for the Memorial, we just have to figure out how to get the monekys in the area!!

Grahams for all my friends!
jlowekc

Postby fryguy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:06 am

memorial park is started and will be done next summer if it kills me doin it get with me on something sounds like a good idea we will be havein a extreme cours tourny some time in the spring also gonna have a safari round in febuary contact me for more info
[/quote] i dont' care if it rains or freezes as long as i have my plastic
fryguy

Postby Lou Siffer » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:22 am

Jesus?
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Tiki » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:31 am

Sounds great Fry! I can't wait until Memorial gets put in. Let me know when you'll be working on it and I'll try to make it down and help out.
Tiki

Return to Oskaloosa Club