Latest news!!

Latest news!!

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:57 pm

Eastern Ave. is getting:

cement tee pads for the longs!!
new tee signs
the parking lot extended
a NEW practice basket (so people dont get hit again)
mulch put around the baskets on the front 9
7 NEW benches
7 concrete garbage cans (like the one by 9's basket)

all of this should be done before winter...

see thats how you get things done..

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:59 pm

wow, that's sweet. I can't wait to play the longs there again. It just wasn't that much fun with bad footing. Great news Chad.
GDL17921

Postby Bradbalk » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:07 pm

Very good news Chad, all improvements that will keep Eastern as one of the premier courses in the area.

I definitly can't wait to play the longs with concrete.
Is this the line for the beer, or the line for the coupons for the beer?
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Postby jess20460 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:20 pm

Way to go Chad!!!
jess20460

Postby flyinplastic23 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:51 pm

youre my hero.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby tbw_10130 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:14 pm

Great work Chad!

Now maybe people won't look at you so funny when you're trying to play the long tees...and can't find them.

Are they all currently there? When I was out there the other day, I didn't find a few (10, 13, maybe 5- I don't remember if I found it). The ones I did find were pretty overgrown.

If there is anything we need to do to help out, let me know.
tbw_10130

Re: Latest news!!

Postby K.C. » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:51 pm

[quote="Mr. Chad"]
see thats how you get things done..[/quote]

Let me say a couple things:

1. That IS phenominal, and I think you've done a terrific job of getting all of this accomplished...thank you.

2. I don't see much of a difference in what you did here and what people complain about "the board" doing. People say that Clark (or whoever) just take it upon themself to do things without any info coming from the club or interested parties...well, who knew about this, besides yourself, and probably Mike and Chase? I'm IN NO WAY saying that what you did is wrong, because I commend your efforts. But, I also think that its a double standard thats being created, because Jeff (and company) DO get things done, but are ridiculed for doing it behind the scenes. Again, it just comes down to communication. (and, realize that I got bombarded by the same complaints when I announced the Clinton course without having kept people informed, so I'm guilty of the exact same thing.)
K.C.

Postby MDR_3000 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:42 pm

I'm pretty sure, right after Chad found out about all this he posted about it. So,.anyone who passed the 2nd grade can read it and find out about it.
MDR_3000

Postby flyinplastic23 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:58 pm

i definitly dont think chad is wrong... besides he is one of the park liasons...

also this goes to show that even though these guys are tourny players and play in all the leagues... they are still getting things done. Isnt that the point of a park liason?
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby MDR_3000 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:01 pm

nope, we're just supposed to pick up garbage and empty the garbage cans.
MDR_3000

Postby K.C. » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:44 pm

[quote="flyinplastic23"]i definitly dont think chad is wrong... [/quote]

Kelly....WHERE did you read/infer that Chad is/was wrong?
K.C.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:07 pm

k.c. i always heard that whatever clark did behind the scenes was usually just to benefit himself..dunno just what i heard..because why would ANYONE complain about somebody doing something positive??

and what do i need to run by ANYBODY, this park has been in the ground for A LONG WHILE, and finally things are getting improved. How often have you seen the supposed club pres play this course, i think ive seen twice, i was always told thats because he had nothin to do with the design of it so he wanted nothin to do with it..again just what i heard...

and i guess all this is just now getting done because everything seems to be happenin at the same time...like people gettin hit on #9, tee signs being broken, people all of a sudden wanting to throw from the longs, and trash cans becoming missing..

so all in all i think it gonna be ok, but thanks for the insight man

Postby K.C. » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:25 pm

And Chad...I THANK you for that. Because thats exactly what I'm saying. You're doing a GREAT job, you're getting stuff done, you're bettering disc golf, and you're helping the disc golf community.

The ONLY thing that I'm bringing up is that the same things that you've "heard" about are the same things that others have "heard" about, and its just not fair, because you and they are only hearing ONE SIDE OF THE STORY. Now, don't get me wrong...I know as well as anyone that Clark is NOT perfect and that he has done things that have created his "image", but he's getting a REALLY bad rap, and he's gettin' dragged in the mud on this thing...and really, he was doing the same sort of thing you just did. He got something done the way he thought it needed to be done.

Now, his POSITION is different, and that is where I'll give it to you. He NEEDED/needs to keep the club informed and up-to-date, and you're not "required". But, its becoming a popularity contest that IS NOT FAIR to the board, and Clark in particular. You are very well liked, and for good reason. But, just because Clark isn't viewed with the same sort of affection doesn't mean that he was evil, or wasn't trying to help the club, either.

But, again, Chad...I most definately applaud your efforts, and have NEVER said different about this. (I have NO IDEA how Kelly read it that way.)
K.C.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:31 pm

K.C. wrote:

The ONLY thing that I'm bringing up is that the same things that you've "heard" about are the same things that others have "heard" about, and its just not fair, because you and they are only hearing ONE SIDE OF THE STORY. Now, don't get me wrong...I know as well as anyone that Clark is NOT perfect and that he has done things that have created his "image", but he's getting a REALLY bad rap, and he's gettin' dragged in the mud on this thing...and really, he was doing the same sort of thing you just did. He got something done the way he thought it needed to be done.

.)

ok so after so many years of Clark being misunderstood or whatever, why is it everyone and their mothers step up to defend him, but nooone ever hears it from Clark.

Postby K.C. » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:38 pm

I'm NOT here to defend simply Clark. I just DO NOT THINK IT FAIR how everyone feels free to berate someone, continuously, without considering the possibility that it might not be completely true...no matter who it is.

Remember the Nick Hultgren argument, and how people wouldn't leave THAT alone? NO ONE knows the truth except maybe a few people besides himself...but people felt free to insert their ideas and passionate views WITHOUT knowing everything. This is the same thing. Its just simply unfair to him, or anyone.
K.C.

Next

Return to Davenport - Eastern Avenue