Dont blame me

Dont blame me

Postby puppetmaster » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:48 pm

As some of you have notice, they are working on the eroision by basket 8. We have a new boss and for some reason he thinks he knows how to fix problems that he know or has any experince in. He doesn't like me any more ( maybe I filed to many grievance's on him ) so he wont liston to me anymore. So to make a long story short, dont blame me. The way I see it, by the way things are going, they will do away with the ditch all together. To bad, a little dozer work and some seed would fix everything. Oh-well
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:26 pm

You talking like putting in a tile, and covering up the space that the creek is in? I knew that once I saw the steep angle down on the corrugated pipe that some idiot had done it. I just assumed it was YOU! :-P Just kidding...

It's good that they're doing it, but we'll see if it turns out to be a good thing. Again, at least they're doing something... Now fixing the banks and putting rock down, or whatever, is next, right? LOL! :roll:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby mattmelcher » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:49 pm

If they ever get around to the pool expansion we'll lose holes 5,6 & 7 any way. At that time they'll HAVE to do something about the creek, all the way to North Street. I look at what has been done as a temporary fix, no matter how poorly planned.

It will be interesting to see how much washes out after a few big storms next spring...
Makes it's own sauce when you add water...
mattmelcher

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:15 am

Matt, you'll want to double check this w/ Gary the next time you talk to him, but I believe the course's design was made so that it will still play around the pool expansion. UNless they do something crazy/big some time in another 10-15 years, this 5 year plan calls for the volleyball courts to come out, and I think hole5's short pad might be lost @ worst - but that's it. We'll see.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby puppetmaster » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:59 pm

Jason, Matt's almost correct. If and when (mighty big words with the city of Norwalk) they pass the pool vote (I'll vote NO). the would have to pull 5,6 and 7. We would have to relocate (on the clock) them and maybe even redesign (on the clock again) the course also. But the way our goverment is, I just dont see it for years and years to come. Before people vote to raise their tax, they want to see possitive thing out of it, not counting $12,000.00 raises, and I just dont see our city ready to vote yes
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:36 pm

Oh, ok. I thought that it was just the expanded area to the South a bit, not that whole end of the park. Ouch! oh, ok... While I think an expanded pool would be nice (this one's @ capacity in the summer), leaving the pool the same size & adding a lazy river & other fufu crap isn't what I'd call an improvement. It's a feel-good design, not a practical one. Growing up in the QCs, I had Bettendorf pool in it's earlier, simpler design (still BIG), as well as the Scott County Park pool, which was nearly like Camp Dodge... I believe in accomodating more people, adding more ways to cool off w/ fountains & misters, etc. I also worked @ Whacky Waters for a couple years, and have formed a few views about water parks, etc, over the years... I'm waiting to see what the design really is, but w/ a lazy river, I already see it as pointless.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby puppetmaster » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:39 pm

I also worked @ Whacky Waters

WOW DUD, dont you know that there are somethings that you keep to yourself... Man, thats like telling us how meny times you wack-off in the shower.......... :oops:

Dont worry I wont tell any one, thats why I private messaged you this.
puppetmaster

Postby puppetmaster » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:40 pm

OPPs :shock:
puppetmaster

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:35 am

LOL! :lol:
GDL17921

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:47 am

Hey, the tail was nice there, I'm PROUD of iT!!! :mrgreen:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:06 am

GDL17921

Postby puppetmaster » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:51 pm

Matt in another norwalk post (cant remember, I'm drunk right now)
The piece of the large black culvert that was poking out from the ground around hole 8 is now down by the skate park.

I hate saying I told them soooooo.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahashahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahashahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahhahaahahahahhahahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahhaahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahaahahhahahaahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahhahahahaahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaashahahahaahahahahahahahah

but what the f%@* do I know

hahahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahaahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhaahhahaahhaahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaahhaahhahahahaahhahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah........
puppetmaster

Postby puppetmaster » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:54 pm

sorry fpr thr lomg post, but

I feel good,

Like the way that I should,

dodododododododododododododododododododododdododododo
puppetmaster

Postby puppetmaster » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:55 pm

tomorrow i might feel bad for this post, but i dought if i remember it.............................
puppetmaster

Postby mattmelcher » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:30 am

I laughed out loud when I saw it cause I remember you telling me that's exactly what would happen...

oh...am I typing too loud for you...
Makes it's own sauce when you add water...
mattmelcher

Next

Return to Des Moines (Norwalk) - Windflower Park