Nice Course

Postby Single L » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:14 pm

One Sick course. Makes Middle Park look like a beginner course :shock:

Great design. The course needs some love, but I had lots of fun. It needs a lot of trimming, better signage, all the pads and about 20 bridges and a country mile in steps to put it in the Championship caliber category, but it’s close :D :D :D
Last edited by Single L on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby discgolfduval » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:18 pm

I dont even know where to begin here...To anyone looking to play this course you may want to put those plans on the backburner. Get real. I realize its still in its premature phases but wow...No markings on where to go from tee to tee. REDICULOUS walks between holes. We played *liberally* and Grant won with a plus 12, with Ob's, playing from actual tees on all of them, plus 15 wins. In the summer youd be crazy to play this course at all.
discgolfduval

Postby Single L » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:31 pm

#3 - 280' or so, but it's a roughly 150' deep valley you cross. 5 of the 6 rolled somewhere near the bottom after landing near the pin.

#9 - The creek is the roughly 430' of fairway. There are 3 peninsulas to land on, left, right, left, with the pin on the 3rd one. The person in the pic is on the first one about 280' away.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Single L » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:36 pm

discgolfduval wrote:I dont even know where to begin here....

How about the form...........open your damn eyes dude :lol: :lol:
Single L

Postby Cydisc » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:39 pm

discgolfduval wrote:REDICULOUS walks between holes.

Did you get lost or something? There are 2, maybe 3 places where you have any kind of sizable walk, the longest being about 200 yds.

Was this the Mini? I showed up at Grandview to a crowd of nobody.

As was mentioned, it's a work in progress. Maybe we should have a workday/tournament in which the entry fee is 2 hours of work on the course or something. All that's left is a ton of trimming and some signage.
Cydisc

Postby Single L » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:25 am

cydisc11895 wrote:Did you get lost or something? There are 2, maybe 3 places where you have any kind of sizable walk, the longest being about 200 yds.............All that's left is a ton of trimming and some signage.

We never got lost but if we would have not printed off a few maps we would of ran circles around that place...........No more than 200 yards????? Maybe between holes the walk is only a football field or 2, but what about the backtracking a mile or two to find a place to cross the creek. I'm not bitching about the walks; I would just recommend additional signage to point in the right direction for the long walk and a ton of bridges. This course is in the right direction in becoming a Championship Caliber course.

As for the Mini, this was not the Mini, I'm not sure where Scott was going to hold it, but it was not in Boone.
Single L

Postby Joe Cool » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:13 am

That work day / tournament idea is great. Now that tourney season is over I would attend.
Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.
Joe Cool

Postby Single L » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:18 am

Joe Cool wrote:That work day / tournament idea is great. Now that tourney season is over I would attend.
Single L

Postby discgolfduval » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:49 am

I'm scared of this course :shock: :shock: :shock:
discgolfduval

Postby Buzzznation » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:01 am

porkchop wrote:
Joe Cool wrote:That work day / tournament idea is great. Now that tourney season is over I would attend.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Buzzznation » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:03 am

porkchop wrote:
discgolfduval wrote:I dont even know where to begin here....

How about the form...........open your damn eyes dude :lol: :lol:

After seeing this picture, his form is the least of his concerns :? :lol:
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Buzzznation » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:00 pm

cydisc11895 wrote: All that's left is a ton of trimming and some signage.

Haven't been to the course yet. Hope to go some time this winter, but judging by the photos and others comments, it appears that this statement if very true, with some imphesis on the trimming. Fausch, quit your winning.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby irban » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:15 pm

discgolfduval wrote:I'm scared of this course :shock: :shock: :shock:

What, like...?

Fausch, Fausch, is that you down there? Quit screamin' like a girl!
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby MDR_3000 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:32 pm

kwb20 wrote:the coarse is well worth the drive from dsm.

A good unintentional pun?
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby Cydisc » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:07 pm

porkchop wrote:No more than 200 yards????? Maybe between holes the walk is only a football field or 2, but what about the backtracking a mile or two to find a place to cross the creek.

You are correct about the creek crossings. There are plans to either place some large rocks at crossing points to step across or to make some concrete cubes to serve the same function. Bridges would just be washed away when the water gets high.

I'm glad you can see the course for its potential. It was a blast to lay out. Now we just have to finish it up.
Cydisc

PreviousNext

Return to Boone - McHose Park