Preliminary Meeting

Preliminary Meeting

Postby K.C. » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:02 am

If anyone is interested, and either doesn't mind drivin' to Clinton, or, lives somewhere close to Clinton:

September 7th, 6:00, Clinton Chamber of Commerce building.

The City Chamber of Commerce is going to try to get "interested parties" together to start talking about the new course going in.

Interested Parties:
1. People interested in becoming a part of a Clinton Club (of sorts), that will comprise of interested disc golfers in which the grant money will be submitted to, if accepted. (the grants were written by the "CDGC", in order to have an entitity, not simply one person's name)
2. Eagle Point Park workers. I'm told that the "big guy" for the park is going to be there, so we can discuss what will need to be done, how, when, etc. The course is already laid out, and adheres to their wishes, we just have to talk to everyone about getting it done.
3. City officials, of sorts. This was all started in order to finish a relatively easy project this year for Clinton's "Great Places" award (or something like that). I'm sure some will be there in order to see what this Disc Golf thing is all about, and ask questions about what it could do to help the city.

Hope to see some of you.

Thanks.
K.C.

Postby RedEye19357 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:52 am

You better get a patten on that name so when that club goes ahy wire you can keep it. :lol:
RedEye19357

Postby K.C. » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:14 am

I did not start the Clinton club, nor have any desire to run it, OR take its name. I'm only offering to help get it off the ground. I don't live there any longer, but I'm working there still...and I WANT that course in the ground, it's gorgeous!

That being said, Rounds, if you have any desire to help with this, I'd gladly take your help, but I ask that you don't get on ONLY to start something. Again, though, its just me asking...and you probably not caring.
K.C.

Postby Jbird » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:31 pm

hey kc Ill try to make it
IT TAKES A BIG DOG TO WEIGH A TON
Jbird

Postby K.C. » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:44 pm

In case anyone reads up on this at all:

Last night we went in front of the City Council for approval to start work on the course (city park). We had to sit through a whole lot of boring ammendments, but it was worth it. It was unanimously approved, and it sounds like they are willing to help out with a little financial assistance as well. (who knows how much, but THEY brought it up, not us)

So, its not a huge update, but something...so the course is ready to be installed pending a little extra financial assistance (which we have someone in the Chamber of Commerce doing most of the legwork for).

Rah, rah
K.C.

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:35 pm

That's good news, K.C. Thanks for the update and for taking part in the process.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Return to Clinton - Eagle Point Park