Teepads

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:30 pm

Man, that's awesome news! Always with the covert operations.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby KePP » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:19 pm

Lou Siffer wrote:Man, that's awesome news! Always with the covert operations.
KePP

Postby wapello51 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:21 am

Awesome news! Can't wait to get out there and play, lack of concrete is my number one reason for not playing a course.
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...VICTORIOUS. --Vince Lombardi
wapello51

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:41 am

Lou Siffer wrote:Man, that's awesome news! Always with the covert operations.
GDL17921

Postby batlord » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:13 am

I wasn't being covert at all. I just wanted to make sure they were actually getting done before I announced it. We've had some sketchy weather, so I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up needlessly.

I'm still hoping they get finished and have some time to grow some grass back around them before the burn spots that Keppy talked about show up. ha ha ha.

and I actually DID talk to the ranger about throwing discs on the ice. They said they didn't care. They have ice fisherman out there all the time. As long as you don't actually touch water they don't care. Hilarious. So unless you are Jesus (looking like him doesn't count, I checked), you can't be out on/in the lake unless it's winter.
batlord

Postby smalls51691 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:03 pm

went out and played there today. i like the tee pads there are quite a few that still need to be put in. i didnt know that they were puting the shorts in to though. hole 19 is the nicest hole i have played. almost aced from the long to. right over the top. why do some holes have shorts and some don't? does any one know how long the holes are now? longs and shorts.
smalls51691

Postby strokersix » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:24 am

Nice work Chad, thank you! What's 5 tee going to be like?
strokersix

Postby batlord » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:05 am

I'll be out to re-measure everything before the signs are made (very soon). Then I'll make sure the scorecard is updated, both on the web and also in the campground office.

As far as number 5's pro tee, t's going to remain that gravel pit for the time being. The parks people are giong to look at doing a permanent product for the near future, but they need to check out codes for building on lake shores/banks as far as driving posts into the ground and such. It will probably be "dock-like" but I'm concerned about the railing in that case. We'll come up with something, even if we have to work on some landscaping/erosion issues on the hillside. But for now, I think it's going to stay the same until next year. (Though if you Do have ideas, please let me know. They might be looking for them - or they might not - ha ha)
batlord

Postby batlord » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:18 pm

Tyler Williams came down this weekend and played the course from the shorts (mostly). He said it will likely shave 45 minutes off a round and still be quite challenging. Just trying to let people know they don't have to set aside four hours anymore to play the course. I'd still set aside 4 discs though, ha ha ha.
batlord

Postby strokersix » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:05 pm

If right on the water is a problem, how about moving it straight back 15 ft? I think the hillside would have to be excavated a bit, maybe some blocks or timbers but that would get it off the water's edge.

I'm not in favor of this suggestion because I think it would reduce the intimidation of throwing with the water immediately in front of you.
strokersix

Postby shane » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:41 am

A dock and a fly pad. J and B has one on the edge of the pond and it works great. There is no railing though. That would be a major hassle.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:17 am

...there really isn't 15' to work with back there, is there? If they did, they'd have to fill, and create a "plateau tee box" like you see in the PGA sometimes... Raised up, and graded on each side... The trick would be the manicuring... I'm sure the Park will wind up doing something simple, & with little upkeep. The dock idea sounds pretty sweet, it'd take a decent size dock though. Maybe they could put in a fishing dock (similar to Pickard), and they on one end put down the black mat? It depends on if they have any goals for something like that.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby IHearChains » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:00 am

ghstinshll wrote:Maybe they could put in a fishing dock

As it is now, I've seen anglers set up their lawn chairs and coolers on the tee, IMO whatever is designed there should not encourage fishing. Setting it back a few feet might avoid that. Would require clearing a little nook in the brush for the pad. Would also make it safer, to avoid people slipping off the edge and turning an ankle after crushing their drive into the lake.
IHearChains

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:17 am

how about a nice little sign that says "NO FISHING!" :lol:
GDL17921

Postby jack » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:22 am

GDL2000 wrote:how about a nice little sign that says "NO FISHING!" :lol:

That will be nearly as effective as the nice little signs that say "NO DRINKING." :P
Yes, this post was sarcastic.
jack

PreviousNext

Return to Davenport - West Lake