Another Tornado?!?

Another Tornado?!?

Postby mattmelcher » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:44 pm

It appears we had another tornado blow through the park today...Less tree damage than the first one, but sill a few branches down.

There is a small tree down near the practice basket. It looks like the tree was snapped off at the ground.

I can't believe we had 2 tornado's in the same year. My neighbor said he saw the funnel as it whipped through my backyard. My grill was destroyed and it ripped the stairs off my deck. My Direct TV dish is pointing to Venus now, so no Cubs baseball for a while :evil: Right in the middle of a pennant race11 ARRGH!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Oh well - at least no one was hurt that I know of...
Makes it's own sauce when you add water...
mattmelcher

Postby ghstinshll » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:22 am

I icouldn't see anything, because I was in my car on North Ave & 17th St. Stuck in zero-visibility. Unless it occurred earleir inthe storn, but I had NO idea there was a 'nado. The radio never mentioned anythin coming, so it must have jsut been somethign quick that flashed through the park & disappeared...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby mattmelcher » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:15 pm

I kinda think that's what happened...It you drive over to the east side of the park there are a lot of trees down. A couple of great big ones...My trash can blew so hard into my garage door that it's going to have to be replaced (both the garage door and the trash can.

I still haven't walked the course, but I could see there are some limbs down on the tree next to the 3rd tee. Looks like there are a few others down on the other side of the park as well
mattmelcher

Postby ghstinshll » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:35 am

Yeah, I think there's a couple of limbs on the backside, but nothing major there.

There's a 200+ yr old tree on G14 east fo the park that ate the big one.

The fall on hole 3 makes this intresting little arch under the tree to start your drive from... :lol:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:16 pm

Gary, I played today (2nd complete round in 6 wks)...

The tree work looks great!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby mattmelcher » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:04 pm

Just wanted to give a public thanks to some fellow disc golfers - Gary, Geoff, and John - for helping me put the stairs back on my deck this afternoon. It was the last repair needed after the storm blew through last week. Thanks guys!
mattmelcher

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:35 am

Here's a couple of pics I snapped w/ my phone when the tree(s) was down on hole #3.

Gary & Jeremy - Good job of trimming/maintaining the course while cleaning up the storm mess. You guys rock!

##39027
ghstinshll

Return to Des Moines (Norwalk) - Windflower Park