This explains a lot.

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

This explains a lot.

Postby irban » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:02 pm

~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Cydisc » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:39 pm

I haven't seen that much back-pedaling since the last course work day was posted.
Cydisc

Postby irban » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:12 pm

cydisc11895 wrote:I haven't seen that much back-pedaling since the last course work day was posted.

I went to the wrong course, I couldn't go because my back was out and I never heard about the damn work day in the first place.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby 10up » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:14 pm

cydisc11895 wrote:I haven't seen that much back-pedaling since the last course work day was posted.

Click
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby grodney » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:36 pm

Those poor kids scare me.

Almost as much as Delay.
grodney

Postby irban » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:03 am

~~~- ¥
irban

Postby ghstinshll » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:07 pm

ok, talk about an absolute waste of youtube space... lol
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby dx pete » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:07 pm

nice OPINION piece. Who needs ALL the facts anyway. Apparently the "Bush Sucks" well hasn't run dry yet. Gooooooo drive-bys!!! WAHOOOOOO!
opulence, I has it.
dx pete

Postby irban » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:20 pm

Talk about a drive by.

Which part aren't facts? The part about FISA being gutted by the current admin, with signoff by the current congress? Sounds pretty balanced to me.
EDIT: Oops, this was actually in a DM Reg. Editorial from a few days earlier. My bad. You're right, Doak is placing the blame pretty squarely on the Republicans, but since you made the bed...

The current political structure, which includes the media pundits and rampant corporate influence, has succeeded in creating a bunch of knee jerk zombies unable to draft a coherent response to any disagreement. This is particularly frightening when the facts are not in dispute, as is the case with this commentary. It is sufficient to sow the seeds of unsubstantiated doubt.

Sometimes, when people don't agree with you, it is not because they are wrong, but because you are getting your information from liars and hucksters.

It would be more convincing to post an equally reasoned and fact based response. But then nobody you know would read it I suppose. Also, good luck coming up with the facts.
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby grodney » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:22 pm

As a comment on Bush's personality, I think the whole signing-statment above-the-law ignore-the-constitution record is just an extension of his egomaniacal yet-probably-self-doubting power-tripping don't-question-me personality.

I've read accounts of people close to him saying that you do anything *but* question him. (Cripes, don't make me look it up. You know I can find it.) If you want to be around, simply be a yes-man.

I've seen him in the Kerry debates, where he got spittingly mad and stupid-looking when he was the least bit questioned.

I've seen his signing statements. Time and time again.

And I've seen the video from Hurrican Rita a couple years ago when he was walking away after finishing his speech, but whipped around to point a scolding finger at a reporter that dared asked what he was doing there and maybe wasn't he "getting in the way?".

One of my largest political regrets is that he actually won the last election, not because we had to endure 4 more years of this crap, but more because I wanted, really wanted, to see him try to make a concession speech on election night. I truly do not know if he is capable. Alas, we will never know.
grodney

Postby dx pete » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:31 pm

I was just saying that the article was in fact an opinion piece, which it is. He spits out a lot without citing or referencing. Don't get me wrong, I'm no Bush apologist, but I do believe in conservatism. I'm not happy with several things going on. Its just fun toying with the only lib I know that can back it up with more than "Bush Sucks" , Mr Irban. If I were you I would worry more about the new Texas Tollway or whatever it is called. It will probably cut through DSM on its way from Mexico to Canada bringing with it Mr. Eminent Domain sucking up all the housing and corporations in its path. I don't have any articles on it, but its part of Bush's big dumb plan with Mexico. Speaking of dumb plans with Mexico, check out this new deal that will eventually make our dollar like the Euro. Its second stage NAFTA stuff. IF I knew how to post a link i would, its www.spp.gov TALK ABOUT STUPID!
opulence, I has it.
dx pete

Postby dx pete » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:33 pm

oh and BTW, congress can't sign off on spp, because it isn't a law or treaty
opulence, I has it.
dx pete

Postby Single L » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:17 am

dx pete wrote:......... Speaking of dumb plans with Mexico, check out this new deal that will eventually make our dollar like the Euro. Its second stage NAFTA stuff. IF I knew how to post a link i would, its www.spp.gov TALK ABOUT STUPID!

Myths vs Facts
Myth: The SPP is a movement to merge the United States, Mexico, and Canada into a North American Union and establish a common currency.

Fact: The cooperative efforts under the SPP, which can be found in detail at www.spp.gov, seek to make the United States, Canada and Mexico open to legitimate trade and closed to terrorism and crime. It does not change our courts or legislative processes and respects the sovereignty of the United States, Mexico, and Canada. The SPP in no way, shape or form considers the creation of a European Union-like structure or a common currency. The SPP does not attempt to modify our sovereignty or currency or change the American system of government designed by our Founding Fathers.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby irban » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:08 am

This is good dialogue. Keep it coming from all sides.
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby dx pete » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:44 am

WHEW! that put my "right wing paranoia" at ease. Well, I guess if thats what they say, then there must not be any underlying political economy to be worried about. I wonder why Bush doesn't push immigration issues? thats just me thinking out loud. I'm sure our neighbors won't mind some extra U.S. military with double secret jurisdiction hangin out. Hell, if we can grandfather wiretaps to be legal, we should be able to buy Mexico at a grandfathered price. I say we open up the borders, it will be sort of like Wal-Mart at 6am when tickle me Elmo hit the shelves, and when they all come in, we all go there! What happens in Riviera Maya, stays in Riviera Maya.
opulence, I has it.
dx pete

Next

Return to Stuff