Course finished??

Course finished??

Postby Freddie19760 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:40 pm

I was talking to a guy in my group last week at Shane's Throwdown and he said the course should be done last Thursday.

Has anyone been there yet to see if it's done??

GVCC :!: :!:
Freddie19760

Postby Joe Cool » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:42 pm

I talked to Hesseltine Sat. in Ankeny and he said by Saturday afternoon the pins should be in the ground and ready to play.

There are not any signs though.
Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.
Joe Cool

Postby bman12449 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:20 pm

The course is finished, i hope everybody likes it . i think we did the best we could with the land we had to work with. This not a championship course but is challenging and fun. If you meet any of the locals that worked on this thank them they had alot to do and there a small group. i love the orange baskets with white chains and blue poles good stuff guys. I will try and get walsh to have the sunday mini out there this week.
bman12449

Postby Freddie19760 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:38 am

Played this last night. It's kinda a mini Pickard, but nothing is REALLY Pickard. Discatcher baskets are bright Orange tops and bottoms, Blue pole and white chains. It's the High School colors I guess.

#1 - Blind tee shot, 250'ish. Lefty dream hyzer. Pin sits on side hill.
#2 - Righty options are a "pure" shot straight at it or big anhyzer downhill with ob lining the whole right side. 300"ish
3# - Straight forward about 400'
4# - 150' straight ahead (boring)
5# - Uphill, very low ceiling and a little over 400'
6# - Nice hole. Bomb slightly down hill with ob all down the right side. Large tree about 300' off tee can make the second shot a little roughr. 550'ish.
7# - Poke and hope dinker. about 200'. One branch cut would make this hole decent.
8# - Dinker. No more than 200'. Very tight fairway and low ceiling.
9# - Just like hole 18 at Pickard with it going uphill to start and then tapers back. 500'ish. Spotters needed. Tall prarie grass and 15' cut out fairways.
10# - Pin missing. It's a lefty dream hyser downhill.
11# - Up and over a hill. Nothing special. Could be the 420/ hole or close.
12# - Empty your bag hole!! Way downhill 450'ish with an Island green!!
13# - 300' thru tree with athe lowest ceiling on the course.
14# - No pin. 200'ish down hill between trees.
15# - 250'. Righty hyzer. Ob road runs all the way along the right. Heavy crap on the left.
16# - Up hill thru trees 320'ish. Pin sits on a sidehill incline.
17# - Almost like hole 12, but no Island. Just Ob road in front of pin.
18# - Uphill bomb. Road on left and parking lot on right, but the lot should never get to be in play. Pin sits in the corner or the road and pool driveway. 500'+

Course has some potential IMOP, but needs some serious trimming.

16# and 17# are right next to the pool so the views may pretty good at time.

Hole 1's tee pad is just across the road west of 18's basket. FYI.
Freddie19760

Postby Single L » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:32 am

I stopped by and played on my way home from CR Sunday afternoon.
What a great course, very nice tees, Some Bomber holes, tight shots, and elevation. This is one I will be back to play!!!!!!

#1 - Blind tee shot, 250'ish. Lefty dream hyzer. Pin sits on side hill.
Great Starter Hole, tough green
#2 - Righty options are a "pure" shot straight at it or big anhyzer downhill with ob lining the whole right side. 300"ish
Nice straight shot, OB and hill create a small window to park the hole
3# - Straight forward about 400'
Throws over creek with OB on the right, nice guardian trees by pin
4# - 150' straight ahead (boring)
I thought so too, until I looked closer at the green. Stay on the green, the rough is very thick with a sever drop 5' into the shule.
5# - Uphill, very low ceiling and a little over 400'
Nice shot with some more guardian trees
6# - Nice hole. Bomb slightly down hill with ob all down the right side. Large tree about 300' off tee can make the second shot a little rougher. 550'ish.
One of the best holes on IMO, this hole makes you work your arm for 3
7# - Poke and hope dinker. about 200'. One branch cut would make this hole decent.
I don't think it's a poke and hope for the D. It is a great shot, easy deuce or easy 4. Great score spread hole.
8# - Dinker. No more than 200'. Very tight fairway and low ceiling.
It is short, but makes you work your disc. A little trimming and it's solid, too much trimming and it's easy.
9# - Just like hole 18 at Pickard with it going uphill to start and then tapers back. 500'ish. Spotters needed. Tall prairie grass and 15' cut out fairways.
Awesome Hole!!! Wider fairways, especially near pin and this hole would be great.
10# - It's a lefty dream hyzer downhill.
Fun Hole. Some major trimming/clearing needed to the right of the pin/fairway.
11# - Up and over a hill. Nothing special. Could be the 420/ hole or close.
Easy 3, but very fun, great uphill tee shot.
12# - Empty your bag hole!! Way downhill 450'ish with an Island green!!
Fun Hole, Plays waaaaaaay shorter than it looks.
13# - 300' thru tree with the lowest ceiling on the course.
A few branches gone and this would be a great hole, roller hole for deuce (Heritage Style)
14# - 200'ish down hill between trees.
Fun putter hole.
15# - 250'. Righty hyzer. Ob road runs all the way along the right. Heavy crap on the left.
Tough green with thick shule
16# - Up hill thru trees 320'ish. Pin sits on a sidehill incline.
Great hole, low ceiling uphill fairway w/tough green
17# - Almost like hole 12, but no Island. Just OB road in front of pin.
Fun bomb
18# - Uphill bomb. Road on left and parking lot on right, but the lot should never get to be in play. Pin sits in the corner or the road and pool driveway. 500'+
fairway tightens near pin, length is only excitement.

Course has some potential IMOP, but needs some serious trimming.

Some tee signs and a quick run through with a mower and weed whacker and this course is money!!!!!
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby rightcunnin » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:27 pm

We played 2 rounds there yesterday for the mini. the grounds crew was out most of the day. All pins were in.
#6 is about 710'. Beauty hole. Actually, I think this course rocks!! I will definitely be having the mini out there again.
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:29 pm

sweet. I definately need another crack at 'er.
GDL17921

Postby puppetmaster » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:07 pm

bman
i think we did the best we could with the land we had to work with.

One Very Nice course. Jeremy and myself went today and we WILL be back. I hope they do some touraments, very fun. You guys did great with what you had. Thanks

One question, they saw cut the pads, why? I hope they put some re-rod because if they didn't, when they creak, they will start to seperate and fall apart from each other. But sence they did cut them I would cauck them with volcom before the freeze.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby ghstinshll » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:48 pm

signs in the inserts yet? I threw the front 9 tonight @ dusk, and say that is one gorgeous park!!!! good job.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Abe Froman » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:24 pm

i like this palce. good use of land. lots of different holes and shots. clean and visible fairways. good job, ill be back
Abe Froman

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Abe Froman wrote:i like this palce. good use of land. lots of different holes and shots. clean and visible fairways. good job, ill be back

host course for 2012 WHACK-OFF
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Return to Colfax - Lewis Club Park