Lighter putters for different purposes?

The most important skill in the game, learn it here

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:20 pm

haha nice catch. Maybe he's adopted my philosophy on effing punctuation. However, I failed to mention that it's vital when it changes the meaning of a word.
GDL17921

Postby K.C. » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:22 pm

Good call! And, if you read most of my posts...I'm sure that error has happened MANY times. Here's the difference: I don't care. Its cool with me! :lol:
K.C.

Postby flyinplastic23 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:28 pm

^^^ If you don't care, don't assume that other people do. Stop correcting people, until you're perfect, you shouldn't.

"Let thee who is with out sin cast the first stone..." Heard of that?

:) You lads are fun.

I say EFF capitalization. But since my IQ is on trial, I will do my best.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby K.C. » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:32 pm

Nor do I assume such a thing. I just know that it gets under your skin (obviously), so I continue. Wasn't it you that said this is a forum, not a paper? :shock:

Oh, your IQ isn't on trial...it plead guilty long ago, this is just part of your sentence.
K.C.

Postby Bradbalk » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:07 pm

Does putting style affect anyones putter weight choice? Since I started straddle putting more I feel like its a more consistant putt, but I have trouble with longer putts hitting the front cage, I was considering trying a lighter putter for a little extra glide.
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:30 pm

Bradbalk wrote: I was considering trying a lighter putter for a little extra glide.
good luck in the wind. i keep with 174 g putter. i tried the ol' straddle putt and got decent control(left\right) but like u said, hit front basket. it never felt right to straddle. i might as well been jupmshot puttin'. lately ive been trying to lean forward as much as possible and it has helped me out. take into consideration that i am a very inconsistent putter. the old bald barber scenario
Abe Froman

Postby strokersix » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:53 pm

I purchased some 150 class DX sharks to give out for my 7 year old's birthday party. Since I putt with Sharks I thought I'd give them a try myself. They definitely float more than the 175-180 Sharks I usually use. I've only played with them in the front yard so far but next round I'm going to give one a try. I think they might be useful for tight approach shots through the woods. I was sure to purchase a couple more than needed for the party guests!

Then again, you probably shouldn't listen to someone who putts with a Shark!
strokersix

Postby Mount » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:56 pm

hope you got some kind of a deal for buying so many of them sharks. That might start to add up really quickly.
Mount

Postby strokersix » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:00 pm

Yes, it was expensive but still cheaper than kid birthday party activities can be. And a whole lot more fun for me as well! We only got through 6 holes at Camden before the rain started Sunday.
strokersix

Postby harryPutter » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:23 pm

WHatever! I had a stuffed BBQ chicken pizza that was the best pizza I've ever had. Apparently it was a Haris knockoff but all their lunch specials were $4.20. Thats an out-of-town POV.
harryPutter

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:57 pm

harryPutter wrote:WHatever! I had a stuffed BBQ chicken pizza that was the best pizza I've ever had. Apparently it was a Haris knockoff but all their lunch specials were $4.20. Thats an out-of-town POV.

Harris. I thought you guys only ate at Nanceys?
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:58 pm

strokersix wrote:I purchased some 150 class DX sharks to give out for my 7 year old's birthday party. Since I putt with Sharks I thought I'd give them a try myself. They definitely float more than the 175-180 Sharks I usually use. I've only played with them in the front yard so far but next round I'm going to give one a try. I think they might be useful for tight approach shots through the woods. I was sure to purchase a couple more than needed for the party guests!

Then again, you probably shouldn't listen to someone who putts with a Shark!

We have 130 class Sharks. $5.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby flyinplastic23 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:17 pm

bbq pizza... harris knockoff... CLINTS. its goooooood.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby jess20460 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:53 pm

1. Next time you drag Chase's mangly ass to Rockford, take a short trip to Pecatonica, and indulge yourselves in the finest pie on earth, its WELL worth the trip!!!

2. Then, of course, record Chase's admittance that Harris is greasy cardboard compared to it, and, is actually quite awful after enjoying what pizza SHOULD be like.

[color=blue]I would definately try if I could ever get him to go back to Rockford with me. He's always got something going on with this game he plays called disc golf.[/color]

3. THEN...tell everyone in the QC that Harris pizza is nothing more than a blase', run of the mill, home-town, fetish...just like Whitey's...that does NOTHING except appeal to people who grew up with the stuff. Just cuz it's "made in the QC" doesn't mean it SHOULD be.

I've been telling people that for years.. Lately, it's starting to grow on me though.. Probably b/c I don't ever get to eat any other kind of pizza

Hell, give me Hungry Howie's over that nonsense, at least their crust has something different than the rest of the junk around here...and I don't have to pay $20 to have it delivered, be dissapointed, and then relive the horror in the bathroom a couple hours later! :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops

I totally agree.. I'm glad I'm not the only Quad Citian that shares this opinion.
jess20460

Postby Mount » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:03 pm

I never eat Harris. I like sausage pizza and I don't like Harris's sausage. But I am telling you try a spaghetti pizza from Angelo's in Sterling. You will be amazed.
Mount

PreviousNext

Return to Putting Technique