Favorite Hole

What is your favorite hole at West Lake?

Hole 5 (826') 1st Dam Hole
20%
Hole 8 (275') Uphill narrow anny
No votes
Hole 12 (564') Downhill, trees on right, water at bottom
9%
Hole 13 (870') 2nd Dam Hole
11%
Hole 16 (470') Narrow between road and campers
No votes
Hole 18 (780') Dogleg tunnel
14%
Hole 20 (514') Uphill bowling alley
No votes
Hole 21 (642') Downhill blind anny
17%
Hole 23 (565') Long scenic shot downhill by water
26%
Other (please specify)
3%

Total votes : 35

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:00 am

GDL17921 wrote:I concur Kepp.
Last edited by MDR_3000 on Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:04 am

dammit, that pic's blocked, so I have no idea what you just did, but I'm tickled to death to be off that last page....i.e. no scrolling left/right. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Daddy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:20 am

I myself think that the larger tee pads are very impressive. Nothing better than going to the best course in town and not having a mudd hole in front of every tee.

This is a great course, I do agree with what Chase is saying on the tee pads being flat. But not so flat or shooth that they look like #8 @ Middle. ICE.

I am only going to briefly go into this.

Chris S. was saying that Marshall St. has colored spots on the course, that if you are on the tee pad and are playing a blind hole, you can look at the tee sign and see a actual picture of the pin from the "colored" spot of your landing zone. You would see a dot of color on the edge of the fairway, the tee sign would have those samo dots. By the colored dots you would see what you would be looking at if you landed there. So in or on the edge of the fairway there would be dots of color and on the tee sings there would be dots with pictures next to them that would give you a view of the pin if you were to place your shot at that spot.

Get it? I hope. now roll with it.
Daddy

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:29 am

I agree, the MS sign design would be awesome for this course. Essentially, it's an extra picture that says if you're standing here (at a point up the fairway), this is what your view is, so you don't have to walk up to that point to actually look. Little things like that separate the great from the outstanding. Be creative.

The only way to avoid mud spots at the end of the tees is to mulch. I don't give a shit if they're 40 feet long for the likes of Clark and the Legend's 360 Somersault runups, people throw when they get to the end of the tee, period, and some people follow through off the end, and inevitably the grass will wear there.
GDL17921

Postby Single L » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:47 am

GDL17921 wrote:The only way to avoid mud spots at the end of the tees is to mulch. I don't give a shit if they're 40 feet long for the likes of Clark and the Legend's 360 Somersault runups, people throw when they get to the end of the tee, period, and some people follow through off the end, and inevitably the grass will wear there.

WORD!!!
Save some cash on crete and put in normal trapazoid pads; just keep up on maintanence and it should be golden.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby covey » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:25 pm

As far a my suggestions for the upcoming tee pads at West Lake, and this is from a newbie.

REAM US!

From what I have played of the course so far it has been a royal b-slap and I like it. Don't dumb it down for the general public keep it as mean as possible.

The chuckers will stay in town keep this place as something special.
covey

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:23 am

covey wrote:As far a my suggestions for the upcoming tee pads at West Lake, and this is from a newbie.

REAM US!

From what I have played of the course so far it has been a royal b-slap and I like it. Don't dumb it down for the general public keep it as mean as possible.

The chuckers will stay in town keep this place as something special.

I LOVE hearing this from new players, and have a feeling Chad will as well. There will have to be some not-as-challenging tees offered, but Covey, with your attitude it wont matter. What your saying is EXACTLY why this course is going to build the QCs a Champion! Im glad to hear you like getting your ass handed to you. Your destined to be a good player, so keep it up. You only learn when your getting the crap beat out of you by a superior course. All my favorite courses murdered me the first few times I played them, thats the attraction.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Previous

Return to Davenport - West Lake