Element-X in Evoloution Plastic

The most stable forum here

Element-X in Evoloution Plastic

Postby Chase20460 » Mon May 14, 2007 11:11 am

Buy one if your having trouble finding a great midrange in the wind, or a trustworthy hyser apporach disc.

> This disc has been ass kicking in the wind. Short to mid length approach shots have been nothing to me with this disc. It is proving itself to be the most dependable control hyser mid range Ive used. They arent as overstable as a Whippet or Gator, and are much more effective as a short range sidearm shot maker. Easily saved me 5 strokes at West Lake, especially when coming out of the shule.

Hate on em all you want, but this disc will not leave my bag. I have tried to mentally direct it out, but it keeps coming up big when I need it. Spend some time learning it, and you will feel the same way.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Furthur » Mon May 14, 2007 12:03 pm

Good advice. I found out about the wind fighting capabilities of the ELX about a year ago, and one has been in my bag ever since. Not my favorite all-around mid or anything, but it's got it's place, and it will be around for a while.
Furthur

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:36 pm

Still going.....

Chase20460

Postby SpikeHyzer » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:28 am

Is your E-ELX one of the flat top one's or the domey one's? I have a stash of the flat top one's and they are money.
SpikeHyzer

Postby OU812_LukeS » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:06 am

I love the ELX. I'm throwing one of the new pearly ones, bright pink, max weight. I really can see the utility of it now that I throw an S Element-X on 50+% of my shots. E's not as long as the S for me but certainly more reliably low-speed overstable, and I really like it.
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
OU812_LukeS

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:13 am

SpikeHyzer wrote:Is your E-ELX one of the flat top one's or the domey one's? I have a stash of the flat top one's and they are money.

It was a flat-top. Its either still in West Lake or in someone elses bag by now.

All good. I got more, and am throwing one of the new Pearls. They arent as overstable as the Red Flattys, but itll work until I get another beat in.

Chase20460

Postby SpikeHyzer » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:46 am

Ah...the red flat tops...I have a couple in the closet, but my favorite one is sitting in the pond at J&B...

Right now I am throwing an orange flat top...too bad they didn't make more discs with this particular plastic. I think it was a test run of something. Super grippy and super durable.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:45 am

SpikeHyzer wrote:Ah...the red flat tops...I have a couple in the closet, but my favorite one is sitting in the pond at J&B...

Right now I am throwing an orange flat top...too bad they didn't make more discs with this particular plastic. I think it was a test run of something. Super grippy and super durable.

I still have some 2 tones orange/brown. They are pretty similar to the Reds. I think Pat might have some of the CLEAR ones left. Those are supposed to be real beefy.

Chase20460

Return to Gateway