Postby GDL17921 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:20 pm

:oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
GDL17921

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:33 pm

sweet.... LMFAO~!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby puppetmaster » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:55 pm

One of the best (close ) games Ive played tonight with ghost. Tied untill he messed up his drive on 12 and my drive was within 30 ft and you know what I did ( CAN YOU SAY CHOKE ). Oh well, theres always next time. He shot a 1 over and I was 2 over par, do you think we are playing Norwalk to much? :shock:
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:39 pm

Ok Guys, I submitted the Norwalk course to the PDGA this afternoon... It'll be up after a while once it's reviewed & approved. I put in a couple comments from people on there about the course in the description, etc...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:41 pm

Also, I made mention to Nancy if she thought it'd be neat to have some course info available on the city's web page, and she agreed. I got ahold of Shelley Heisdorffer @ city hall, and we're going to get the ball rolling on getting that content (1 page of info) ready for the web. It'll probably take me all summer to get it done w/ my load of side projects, but this is another one to help the cause...

I'll be sending ideas to you guys about the layout, so that we keep up the "team atmosphere" we've had all through this course creation, etc...

J
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:03 pm

do you think we are playing Norwalk to much?

I won't settle until I'm shooting under 30.... :twisted:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:05 pm

Jay, Joe, Brian, etc...

When you guys coming down to play?

How about this? What day of the week ar eyou NOT playing in league or tourneys, and when can I schedule a night to get you guys out to play!?!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:50 am

HA!!!

The 100 discs we had worked up are GONE!!!! W00t! They're selling really well...

Anyway, per the park dept - we're ordering another group of 100 discs. This time we will not be ordering ESP Bangers... LOL Might order another multi purpose or another driver.

Gary, your thoughts?
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Single L » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:19 am

Get 50 FLX Surges, and 50 FLX Buzzz, they would sell great.

I would take a FLX Buzzz
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:32 am

Hmmm.... Sounds like you're gonna be a regular Norwalk plastic buyer?! LMAO!

I'll propose the FLX Surges as another driver, maybe we could mix it up w/ the FLX Buzz, but the Z Buzz plastic looks So good w/ the foil stamps on it. LOL 8)
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby mattmelcher » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:45 am

Just yesterday I spoke with a man and his daughter that were playing. He threw his disc into my backyard and when I picked it up for him I noticed it had the Norwalk logo on it. He said he just purchased them at the police station.

I think we have brought a lot of people to the park that wouldn't normally be there. Earlier in the week the city came by and cleaned up around the fence, trimming the grass and cutting out the small bushes that were growing in it. I can't remember the last time that happened. I wonder if it's due to the fact that the mayor played a round of disc golf at the opening last weekend? Hmmm...

Also, the city is having a neighborhood meeting at the shelter house this Saturday at 9am. We will get the chance to talk about the park, vandalism, traffic and see plans for the new aquatic center. I know this meeting is due to concerns raised by disc golfers.

In the end, you can only say the disc golf course has, in a short amount of time, made a very positive impact on the park, neighborhood, and city.

As for the next batch of discs...Just let me know when they're in!
Makes it's own sauce when you add water...
mattmelcher

Postby puppetmaster » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:52 pm

Gary, your thoughts

Jason, talked to Nancy today and she told you that I was looking into what Disc's to buy and that you wanted to help. I told her to go ahead and let you do that, that you probley knew alot more than I did on disc. Hope that was ok? I agree on not getting anymore Bangers, Did not like and I thought it was kind of chicken shi% of them to send us only pink ones. You might want to tell them that we didn't care for that just to see if they would do anything special for us. We do need some putters though. She said it was also OK to sell other brands also. What is the min. on ordering Innova? I told her that she need to start selling them at the pool also, she doesnt care for that, shes afraid that the help will steal them. You might want to back me on this. If the help is going to steal, she needs to fire them, ...........
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby Single L » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:18 am

If you guys can swing it as a club disc than you have some more options and cheaper options.
Discraft Club Specials

So for your putter: Limited Edition, CryZtal Challenger™: $6.00 each

The CryZtal Challenger is only available to tournaments and clubs. Since its introduction in 2003, the Challenger has become one of our most popular putters. This version of the Challenger is made with a special blend of extremely clear Elite-Z plastic that we call CryZtal.

And the rest: FLX™ Surge™ and FLX™ Buzzz™ $6.50 each

Just some Ideas.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

PreviousNext

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club