What happened?

What happened?

Postby iowapat » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:37 am

To the bushes on #1 and #2?

Bueller?
If you're gonna sell chicken, I pray to hell you're cooking it right
iowapat

Postby wspdiscgolf » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:50 am

The Corp Of Engineers removed them. They were autumn olive bushes, which is an invasive plant, and they are trying to remove all the invasives out there. The Corp is planning on planting some non-invasives where they removed the autumn olives, to keep the holes intact for the most part
wspdiscgolf

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:06 am

but they are still not smart enough to figure out that there are 19 holes instead of the 18 minimum they wanted
Abe Froman

Postby Captain » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:11 am

Acutally, the Corps doesn't want more than 18 holes on the course. This is why the second new hole is called 11 1/2. Plus it makes all the rest of the signs read correctly.

The Corps was kind enough to ask the ICDGL about the bushes on 1, 2, and 10. I told them that if they were going to replant bushes to plant them where the old bushes were. I was actually surprised that they even asked us. I told them that is was their land and they could do whatever they wanted.

Don't know when they will replant new bushes. Sounds like money is pretty hard to come by -- need all the money the gov. has for Iraq.
Captain

Postby iowapat » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:16 am

Captain wrote:Don't know when they will replant new bushes. Sounds like money is pretty hard to come by -- need all the money the gov. has for Iraq.

:lol:
If you're gonna sell chicken, I pray to hell you're cooking it right
iowapat

Return to Coralville - Turkey Creek