disc golf video game

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

disc golf video game

Postby smalls51691 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:15 pm

I think innova or someone else should try making a disc golf game for those rainy days or winter. i think it would be best on the wii
smalls51691

Re: disc golf video game

Postby Single L » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:19 pm

smalls51691 wrote:I think innova or someone else should try making a disc golf game for those rainy days or winter. i think it would be best on the wii

Innova tried a computer version. It sucks due to it being outdated.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby KePP » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:50 pm

flyinplastic23 wrote:http://www.123games.dk/game/sport/discgolf/discgolf_eng.php

found this disc golf game online!

grodney wrote:

So the title says Ultimate but the box image shows Freestyle? Okay.

And the box image shows Gameboy not DS, but I don't really know squat about gaming systems, so maybe those are the same thing.

Here is another game titled Freestyle/Golf:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... ii_1038957
KePP

Postby KePP » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:21 pm

I've put some thought into creating a disc golf game. Monkey Ball Bowling provided my original inspiration because of its sequence of steps similar to a disc golf run-up and release. Here are the basics of what I envision:

Pre-Shot Routine:
1. Choose disc
2. Set type of shot (steps/stance)
3. Set focal point (including height)

The SHOT sequence:
1. Power (pullback)
2. Angle of release
3. Snap
4. Last-second compensations for error correction

Simulation Aspects:
* Test wind by dropping grass and/or hearing the wind howl (like on this video from Bowling Green Final 9 DGTV)
* Some sort of search for discs? Could affect fatigue
* Lost discs can't be used again until you receive a phone call or find them on a message board
* Pedestrians, dogs, cars, wildlife, etc.
* Interactive walk with group for multiplayer:
- Watch their shot from where you're standing
- Press different buttons to cheer/jeer your opponent
* Discs have a beat-in factor that is represented by the amount of wear shown on the disc and its flight.

Other Aspects:
- Several views that are toggleable including a disc cam view. Views are extremely important for retaining interest.
- Putting needs to have a different feel than driving and approaching. Like a thumbstick or mouse finesse skill. Tough straddle type of putts = lower margin for error (inc. difficulty)
- The game could be in collaboration with the PDGA to encourage membership and offer an alternative platform for competition (thinking along the lines of Golden Tee but not as big)
- If the game environment simulated real physics and the flight of the saucer was based on its torque and aerodynamics as opposed to a pre-fabricated flight path, the game could potentially serve as a way of testing new disc designs. I know, that’s stretching it. It would also have more realistic results on tree ricochets and the wind if the environment were based on real physics and collisions.
- COURSE EDITOR (even if SDK). Make it easy for people to submit local courses and have contests for the best replicas, original ideas, etc. You could practice how you're gonna play every hole the week before a tournament!
Last edited by KePP on Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KePP

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:48 pm

Kepp, for as simple as the game is to thosewho are new - to please any of it, it would require some killer physics engines... That being said, it can be done. I'm a PC gamer & believe in the physics engines of today, like in Battlefield2, sniping, flight missions, etc... I'm not a fan fo the console, but DO believe the gyroscopes in the Wii controllers would be KEY to getting the right action in the game...

That woudl friggin RAWK!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Orange Guy » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:59 pm

There is some really crappy disc gof minigame in Super Monkey Ball for the Wii. It's the only reason I bought the stupid game. The controls are all wrong and the disc just doesn't fly right. But you're right, the Wii remote would make a great way to launch discs.

KePP, how about the ability to earn Karma points that can be traded in for disc and bag upgrades?
Orange Guy

Wal-Mart Disc Golf game for DS

Postby WyldeChucker » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:25 pm

I intend on buying that Frisbee golf game from Wal-Mart when it becomes available. :D I will let you guys know what I find out with it. I might even have to bring it out to the course.
WyldeChucker

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:31 pm

I talked about this once before on the PDGA site, comparing it with a game like Tiger Woods. Somebody on there told me about a mapping system that worked with PS1 and with some other add ons ,and stuff above my head, it could exist. People even took photoshop photos of holes from Hot Shots and added baskets. It was cool, even though I think Hot Shots sucked.

I know I would buy it, and dont think its far off from being a reality. How good the game would actually be, as in how much money given to design it would be the tricky part.

The Innova game sucked when it came out, it has nothing to do with advances in technology.

It would be SO SICK for it to be similar to Tiger. 10 courses, then unlock 4, the last by beating Climo. By the time it became a reality, you could download other courses online and play people.

If it were anything like Tiger Woods, Id start at 1030 rated.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:45 am

I think I remember Sprague talking about some digital arts company wanting him and a few others to come put on the outfit with all the little tracking devices or whatever you call them so they could map/digitize his motions. I don't know if it's ever happened tho.
GDL17921

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:13 am

wow, that's a start!!!! Someone need sto email sprague to add to this conversation. LOL
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby KePP » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:10 pm

Disc Golf Unchained 2015

http://youtu.be/TYktOSUw45M - The Disc Golf Guy - Vlog #185 11/23/13 - Disc Golf Video Game "Unchained" by Local Route Labs
KePP

Postby Ferch » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:28 pm

Ps3 Move with Sports Champions Disc Golf cannot be beat right now.
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:35 pm

Ferch wrote:Ps3 Move with Sports Champions Disc Golf -I cannot be beat right now.

FYP :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Swisher Streets » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:26 pm

The ps3 version was better than I expected. I think a disc game using the golf simulators would be pretty awesome. Actually get to throw at the screen and it reads angle speed and disc type to simulate the flight.
Swisher Streets

Postby Ferch » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:22 am

GDL17921 wrote:
Ferch wrote:Ps3 Move with Sports Champions Disc Golf -I cannot be beat right now.

FYP :lol:

Tabarnak!
Living for flight. One day at a time.
Ferch

Return to Stuff