100-200 ft up-shots-help me please!!!!!

Learn to throw from local experts.

100-200 ft up-shots-help me please!!!!!

Postby j.popiano » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:55 am

It seems like on long holes 450+ my upshot is either way short or way long. Im left handed and throw backhand, most of my upshots are w/ my first run buzzz or a slightly flippier esp buzzz if I throw either of themhard they go in the right direction but to far, if I throw either of them a little softer the low speed stability kicks in and it hyzers away from the pin. I guess i could play the hyzer line always but I might as well use a FB or WX not a first run buzzz, anyone outthere that has dealt with this before and overcame it please give me alittle insight it would be great. Im guessing it something with my form but thats another issue..........
j.popiano

Postby KePP » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:36 am

Buzzz is beefy. Approach with a putter.
KePP

Postby j.popiano » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:46 pm

thanks man Ill try throwing my bulldog or a stable aviar for long upshots if that dosent work phauqe it Ill start throwing spikes with a firebird or monster as long as it saves par right?
I don't give a f*ck if I'm arrested. I'll deny it to my grave. If I robbed a church and had a steeple sticking out of my ass I'd deny it too......
-John Gotti
j.popiano

Postby ghstinshll » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:23 pm

Yeah, I throw Banger GT's, and anythign within 200 I'll usually pull out my putter...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby karma27895 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:47 am

try going and playing a round and throw your drive then when you come to your upshot throw several different upshots with your buzz and your putter try throwing more control shots hopefully it will work for you as good as it has worked for me
www.ironliondgs.com
burns lawncare and snow removal
mcmanus pub n grub
karma27895

Postby flyinplastic23 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:10 am

when i first started i used to Hyzer in with my upshot, the flight was more predictable then going straight at the basket.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby j.popiano » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:13 pm

thanks karma i practiced that today at gvcc. it seems that my aviars are the disc of choice you just have to learn how to throw them right. Its amazing that they fly so darn good. My buzzz's have a place in my bag just not short appoaches.
I don't give a f*ck if I'm arrested. I'll deny it to my grave. If I robbed a church and had a steeple sticking out of my ass I'd deny it too......
-John Gotti
j.popiano

Postby Single L » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:23 am

I am a Buzzz only mid-range thrower and I had the same problem last year. I switch to using a putter. The trick then is to find the right putter. I use a JK Aviar; it has a slight hyzer to it at slow speeds. I would also recommend a Wizard or Warlock; Gateway putters are money for upshots.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby dx pete » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:41 pm

go to "play it again" and buy the most beat- up looking; roc, aviar, leopard, buzz, (any mid range) and throw set shots. The discs that are still overstable will be perfect when you throw them taking a few steps instead of a set-shot.
opulence, I has it.
dx pete

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:26 pm

Damn, I'd liek to say Wow, what a workout it can be to go chuck 80 drives back & forth across a field... I feel like my legs are worn out, back, arm is rubber. LOL
##39027
ghstinshll

Return to Throwing Technique