throwing a driver and having it turn alot

Learn to throw from local experts.

throwing a driver and having it turn alot

Postby geoffreylaw » Tue May 29, 2007 11:03 pm

I've been practicing alot this year trying to get more D. Acouple weekends back I went to Jones to practice for 3 hours. I was mostly concentrating on throwing smooth and somehow over the coarse of practicing added about 50 ft to my d(300' to 350' roughly). which i consider a miracle. since the I haven't gotten it any furthur( throwing a star Wraith) but is turning more. So my question is, should I release my throw hyzer and let it flip flat to get more d or should i move up in stability to a teerex OR should i do something else. Thanks.
geoffreylaw

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:29 am

hyzer flips = more accurate D.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby ghstinshll » Wed May 30, 2007 8:34 am

Depending on what level of player you are, I'm not so sure you're going to get a Teerex or Star wraith to hyzer flip though... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you might want to use a Pro Wraith, or pro Beast to hyzer flip. The Teerex is real beefy, moreso than the wraith, so I'm not sure why it's your go-to distance driver. The Wraith isnt quiet as beefy as the Teerex (esp in pro plastic in a non-mx-wt disc), but still is beefy. I'd day go down to a Pro Beast, or a Star Orc. If you're driving 300', I worry that either your trajectory, or your strength isn't quit there to be hitting 400 w/ a Teerex...

(now praying the my personal theories are correct, and that I'm not ripped to shreds by those who know better... ) :lol:
Seriously though, I hope this helps. I currently use a Pro Beast as my go to driver, but my beat-in pro Beast is my hyzer flip disc.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby geoffreylaw » Wed May 30, 2007 9:38 am

thanks for the input. I can actually hyzer flip a Wraith easily. My main question is if I would get more D by hyzer-flipping or just throwing it flat and letting it turn and fade later.
geoffreylaw

Postby flyinplastic23 » Wed May 30, 2007 9:49 am

hyzer flip... and it depends on the hole and what you need the disc to do! throwing it flat (FOR ME) actually ends up not being as straight (less predictable) as the hyzer flip. The hyzer flip flight path is a more accurate. right now you might be just going to for distance, but at some point youll need to transfer that distance on to a hole with a tight fairway... you could end up all over the place throwing flat.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby KePP » Wed May 30, 2007 12:47 pm

After learning to hyzer flip overstable discs (which requires solid snap), I learned the opposite: throwing understable discs on a straight hyzer (which takes far less snap, "smooth arm"). Once you get that you can combine the smooth arm and the snap for easier D.

(now praying the my personal theories are correct, and that I'm not ripped to shreds by those who know better... )
KePP

Postby ghstinshll » Wed May 30, 2007 1:20 pm

guess I havent tried to throw the pro wraith that way... will try! LOL
##39027
ghstinshll

Return to Throwing Technique