Another great time in DM

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Another great time in DM

Postby chalupamarley » Sun May 20, 2007 12:23 pm

My buddies and I held our third annual spring tourney this year, and it was the best ever. We added a couple of new courses, ISU in Ames and Crivaro. The only thing we'll change next year...playing Pickard, Ewing, and Walnut on the same day was a little too much. More like a lot too much.

Best moment...On the hole at GV where you see the school and ball field to the right (short hole good for a thumber), we sent one of our players about 180' down to film our drives. The first throw, the cameraman zoomed in on the athlete throwing, and gradually zoomed out as the disc proceeded. You see the disc the whole time until WHACK! it hit the camera square on. It was unbelievable! We're trying to get the vid to YouTube. I'll link it for you all when we get it.

Anyway, everyone we met was cool (again) and we loved the Des Moines disc golf as much as ever (the fried shrimp we made on the grill out of tin foil fat fryer wasn't bad either)!

Viva Des Moines!

Jeremy in MPLS
chalupamarley

Postby KePP » Sun May 20, 2007 1:12 pm

Right on. I've had a blast everytime we've roadtripped to Des Moines for disc golf. Can't wait to see that video.
KePP

Postby mattmelcher » Sun May 20, 2007 7:00 pm

wow - playing those 3 course on the same day qualifies you all as hopelessly addicted disc golf nuts! those are 3 nice courses. 54 holes in one day is crazy... We played GV and Ewing today and I was fried after we finished our 29th hole of the day...Don't know how I finished. I know there is no way I could go 54. Good Job!

Glad you guys had a good time. Can't wait to see the video...
Makes it's own sauce when you add water...
mattmelcher

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club