Anybody know anything about this anywhere else?

Anybody know anything about this anywhere else?

Postby prodiscgolf » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:38 pm

Got this in my e-mail today and was wondering if anyone else is doing this for their communities:

Name: Joe Wander
Pdga number: 10979

Hi, Jeff -

As the man behind all the DG in Iowa City I wanted to let you know that my tv show, Disc Golf Live video magazine, will play on your city's community access station:

http://www.patv.tv/

If you want to help raise the profile of DG in the area, let me know. Shows are free and its only $25 bucks to join your local station and submit the shows for broadcast.

Let me know what you think.

Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
Disc Golf Live video magazine
www.discgolflive.com
prodiscgolf

Postby Kelly K » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:42 am

dude didn't tell you when it's going to air on patv - or was he asking for money to air it?
Kelly K

Postby prodiscgolf » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:08 pm

That's why I'm confused. I don't know if he wants $25 to air the show or what. Sounds like he's already joined the PATV and is submitting the video.
prodiscgolf

Postby Disc Golf Live » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:17 am

Sorry, Jeff. Didn't mean to confuse anyone!

I just wanted to bring it to your attention that the station in your area will carry my show if a local resident joins and submits the show for broadcast. I'll send the show DVDs out for free, no problem there. The $25 I mentioned only because I saw the fee as I looked at the station's web page. That's their token fee to join the station and get broadcasts arranged. Sorry to confuse.

DGL is all about our favorite sport, with event coverage, course reviews, interiews, technique, all sorts of stuff from across the country.

I figured you would know of anyone in the area who might be willing to step up and get involved with the station. That local access station and hundreds of others across the country will carry the show for local broadcast, so there's all kinds of publicity to be had for our sport in places where someone local will take the time to submit the show.

So if you and others out there are looking for some publicity for our game and some great disc golf to watch on TV, let me know and I'll get some DVDs into your hands.

Also, I'd welcome some video from your neck of the woods if anyone is into that sort of thing.

Best regards,

Joe
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
www.discgolflive.com
Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time
Disc Golf Live

???

Postby WaterlooChainSeeker » Sat May 19, 2007 7:52 pm

Disc Golf Live wrote:Sorry, Jeff. Didn't mean to confuse anyone!

I just wanted to bring it to your attention that the station in your area will carry my show if a local resident joins and submits the show for broadcast. I'll send the show DVDs out for free, no problem there. The $25 I mentioned only because I saw the fee as I looked at the station's web page. That's their token fee to join the station and get broadcasts arranged. Sorry to confuse.

DGL is all about our favorite sport, with event coverage, course reviews, interiews, technique, all sorts of stuff from across the country.

I figured you would know of anyone in the area who might be willing to step up and get involved with the station. That local access station and hundreds of others across the country will carry the show for local broadcast, so there's all kinds of publicity to be had for our sport in places where someone local will take the time to submit the show.

So if you and others out there are looking for some publicity for our game and some great disc golf to watch on TV, let me know and I'll get some DVDs into your hands.

Also, I'd welcome some video from your neck of the woods if anyone is into that sort of thing.

Best regards,

Joe
Just wondering if DGL has talked with anyone in the Waterloo Cedar Falls area. I think that if the word got out around UNI the response to the show could be great and great for the sport in our community/state.
The ability to drive 400 is great...
The ability to putt 4 from 30 ... not so great!
WaterlooChainSeeker

Postby Disc Golf Live » Mon May 21, 2007 7:46 am

Hi, WSC -

Thanks for the reply.

I've posted so many places so many times, its hard to remember. I seem to recall posting at a Waterloo DGC website but am not sure

I do know that the Waterloo station will play DGL. I'm happy to send DVDs from which a tape for the station can easily be made to fit their station rules. Here's a link to the station:

http://www.wplwloo.lib.ia.us/wctv/guidelines.html#VII

It takes a Waterloo resident to join and submit the show, but its an easy process.

I agree that the show would be a great benefit to the local community, both for established DGers and for the uninitiated masses.

Being that most disc golfers just want to play a round, I can tell all kinds of folks about the show, but its a rare individual who takes the time to help the community out. If you can help track down a Waterloo resident, let me know.

Thanks again for speaking up.

Best regards,

Joe
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
www.discgolflive.com
Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time
Disc Golf Live

Return to Iowa City - Peninsula Park