HELP Needed for NORWALK course

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Postby KePP » Mon May 07, 2007 2:46 am

That bridge is beautiful! And so are the signs! Next road trip to Des Moines I will be checking this course out, probably as an early morning warm-up for Ewing. Thanks for all the time and effort you guys donated to help advance the sport and provide a recreational outlet for the public.
KePP

Postby Birdman » Mon May 07, 2007 8:29 am

i will say that people in norwalk are very excited about this course ive been hearin' good things
The real excitement is playing the game.
Birdman

Postby ghstinshll » Mon May 07, 2007 9:56 am

On the bright side, I"M OFF ALL WEEK!!! ANyone up for a round? LOL
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby mattmelcher » Mon May 07, 2007 11:33 am

One more thing about signs...

I guess you could says it's a disc golf park now...

Makes it's own sauce when you add water...
mattmelcher

Postby ghstinshll » Mon May 07, 2007 11:43 am

WTF? Did Dan create that to stick on the old sign? WOW~!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby mattmelcher » Mon May 07, 2007 12:57 pm

Yep! That's the work of Dan! The same guy that did the signs. I think this was all his idea. It came out great...make no mistake...It's a DISC GOLF park now!
mattmelcher

Postby Danno » Mon May 07, 2007 1:20 pm

I can't take all of the credit for the signs. Ed, of Ed Head Inc. deserves a big THANKS also. :D
Danno

Postby ghstinshll » Mon May 07, 2007 2:21 pm

Who thought up the idea - because that's VERY creative, and an "under our noses" kind of thing. AWESOME!!!!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby mattmelcher » Mon May 07, 2007 6:02 pm

Danno wrote:I can't take all of the credit for the signs. Ed, of Ed Head Inc. deserves a big THANKS also. :D

Thanks Ed!

The signs are great! You guys did a great job!
mattmelcher

Postby puppetmaster » Wed May 09, 2007 5:55 pm

I poured hole 2 long today, It will be playable tomorrow. I will pull the forms and back fill it after work tomorrow. @%#*@ Ready Mix (Norwalk) gave us a hot load, After pouring it, I came back in 25 minutes and you could just about walk on it then. And that was with putting anti-dry spray on it also. Had a hell of a time with the finish, but finaly got it. I tried something different on the info part of the pour, lets see if it is a little better.
Hole 3 short to go, if everything goes as planed at work, I will (HOPEFULLY) pour it Friday.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby mattmelcher » Fri May 18, 2007 8:53 am

Just about finished...

The concrete for the last pad was laid yesterday...

The only thing left to do is install the trash cans and work will officially be completed on the Norwalk course.

Fundraising started in January...work started in March...course completed in May.

Here's the last tee pad. It's on the third hole. Gary did all of the work. I stood around to make sure the high schoolers didn't mess with the wet cement.

mattmelcher

Postby ghstinshll » Fri May 18, 2007 3:15 pm

I walked my daughter's preschool through holes 1-3 today, gave them an introduction, and brief tutorial on DG, and they all "played" 3 holes... The preschool director wanted the kids to color their own little frisbees, and then throw them, but it was windy & I doled out my whole bag of discs!!! There was an independent school in Norwalk called Adventures School of Knowledge - who brought their kids over as well - and the older kids definitely benefitted from my discs... I figured it'd be the 15 from the preschool, so just enough for my bag, but then the total amt of kids & teachers (not to mention student observers from Simpson 8) ), it took every disc from my trunk, and bag... LOL Thankfully I kept one for demo purposes though. Let's consider this ano annual thing for the kids, and maybe it'll increase involvement in our community some day down the road...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby irban » Fri May 18, 2007 3:35 pm

Definitely. I just finished teaching a 3 day clinic at my kids school for the second year. Every one of them starts throwing poorly, then after a little guidance, they get that epiphany moment when they figure it out. You can tell the ones who may get hooked by the look in their eye. I found out that the day after the last session last year, one kid made his father drive all around to find a bag and frisbees, he was so fired up.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby crazykrug » Sun May 27, 2007 4:21 pm

Very nice course in my old backyard. The wife and I met Ghost the last time out.

The only problem we had is figuring out the bucket I think on # 5. If there is a way to mark them on the baskets that would be awesome.

In fact, the wife and I and father will be out playing tomorrow in our old stomping grounds.
crazykrug

Postby ghstinshll » Sun May 27, 2007 7:39 pm

thanks Krug!
##39027
ghstinshll

PreviousNext

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club