Teach me how to play.

Moderator: calvarycoffee

Teach me how to play.

Postby NorthIowaBuzz » Tue May 01, 2007 8:56 pm

Hey guys.........

Start the laughing now.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have had an interest in playing disc golf for a number of years but just haven't had the chance or had a course around to play on.

Now that I found that MC has a Saturday morning league I am excited to be a part of it.

I have no idea how to play. Is there a place on the net I can learn. I have just a regular old frisbee......HAHAHAHA.........what equipment do I need to buy in order to kick Calvary's butt? HAHAHA!

I am sure there are more questions, but at least that will be a start.

Thanks!

Aaron

PS - The Saturday morning league, can you just join in whatever Saturday you have free or do you have to go every single Saturday in order to play in the league?
NorthIowaBuzz

Postby KePP » Tue May 01, 2007 10:56 pm

Disc Golfers tend to welcome all new members. Show up Saturday morning and I'll bet someone will help you answer a bunch of these questions, and let you throw.

http://www.discgolfreview.com is a great resource for throwing technique. (See "Resources" in left-hand column). Good luck dude
KePP

Postby NorthIowaBuzz » Tue May 01, 2007 10:59 pm

Thanks Kepp!

I will take a peek at that site here soon. I don't think I can make it this week, but sometime in the next couple weeks I will go on a Saturday. I can't wait to try it out.

Thanks again!

Aaron
NorthIowaBuzz

Postby Peil » Wed May 02, 2007 6:30 am

For the Mason City Doubles League you can just show up whatever Saturdays you have free to play. They welcome anyone and everyone.

If you aren't sure about showing up on Saturday and jumping right into league play, I'm sure you could show up shortly after league is over and Dave or somebody else (me if I'm there) would be happy to show you the ropes as far as rules and equipment and stuff.

When you are ready to switch from your Frisbee to actual golf discs, I would check out Rusty's in the Southbridge Mall in Mason City. He has the best selection and prices in town and does a lot to help the sport in both Mason City and Indianola.
Peil

Postby Peil » Wed May 02, 2007 7:19 am

Also I think Rusty's is hosting a clinic at the Grand Opening of the Prairie Disc Golf Course in Thornton on Sunday, June 3. This would be another great way to learn how to play and play a new course while doing it.
Peil

Postby calvarycoffee » Wed May 02, 2007 2:44 pm

i'm dave by the way.

yep, we have all skill levels. and the doubles format evens the playing field for everyone also.

It will be a good learning experience to play with a partner on saturday.
calvarycoffee

Postby calvarycoffee » Wed May 02, 2007 2:46 pm

. . . just watch out for charlie. . . hehe
calvarycoffee

Return to Mason City - East Park