HELP Needed for NORWALK course

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:11 am

Wow, looks good!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby irban » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:14 am

Very cool! Great font, kind of metal, would look good on an album cover.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby puppetmaster » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:50 pm

Dan did us a great job. If anyone is thinking about changing there signs or building a new course (atlantic) send me a message and I'll fix you up with Dan and Ed
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby mattmelcher » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:46 pm

The mad men are at it again...

3:30 rolls around and I figure it's just about time to go out and play a round...I look out in the park and who's out there with power equipment? Of course it's Gary and Jeremy. What are they doing? They're building a flippin bridge over the creek! Thank god cause my lower back screams every time I jump the creek...They made some pretty good progress before it got too dark. It should be done in another day or so. Also, they informed me they will put up some of the signs this weekend as well. That's probably pretty good. There's some confusion on the 4th hole and I've seen a lot of people play the wrong basket. When in doubt...play the basket on the left...

Makes it's own sauce when you add water...
mattmelcher

Postby mattmelcher » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:34 am

When Gary puts his mind to it...it gets done...

Friday evening, he starts building a bridge.

Staurday evening...the bridge is done.

This is right next to the basket for the 4th hole. Keep that in mind if you play the course. When you tee off, you can't see the basket, but you can see the bridge...

mattmelcher

Postby GDL17921 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:30 am

damn Gary, you're the shizzle. I'll be down there to check out this course soon. Hope to see some of you guys at Walnut today for the mini.
GDL17921

Postby mattmelcher » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:38 pm

Also...we put in most of the signs this morning. They are very cool. Dan did a great job with them.

The course itself is drying up nicely. The area around the 4th tee pad and the 11th basket is still very wet and soft, but the rest of the couse is fine.

Also, I can't stress enough that you need to avoid the creek around the 8th basket. Whatever you do - don't go long. The mud is horrible. Yesterday a guy went to get his disc. He jumped off the bank and went knee deep in the mud. He then struggled to get out, lost his shoes and was pretty much covered in mud by the time he got out (btw - he did recover his disc - and shoes!).

Benches, and trash cans are coming soon. 2 more tee pads will get poured sometime this summer. I think the map and instructions on the shelter will be replaced by permanent versions pretty quickly. The course is very playable right now.

I know there will be a grand opening celebration with the parks and recreation people, hole sponsors, etc. sometime in early June, probably the 9th. More to follow on that...
mattmelcher

Postby puppetmaster » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:37 pm

Ok, I think I got the word stupid washed off my forehead, lets see if this picture works
The last sign we put up

Jeremy and me, Im the old one
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby puppetmaster » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:57 pm

Hay, I dont want to forget these two guys, Dan and Matt for getting up early to to help out and then kicking my a@% afterwords.

and on the subject of the bridge, Jeremy and Matt both need some credit also for helping out, I would have been there all day today if they wouldn't have helped.
puppetmaster

Postby puppetmaster » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:15 pm

Hay Dan and Matt, good thing you played me this morning while I was tired, I would have kicked your a@% tonight :D Finally got my birdy on 12 8)
puppetmaster

Postby Danno » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:50 pm

I am guessing I would have given you a beatdown later in the day also, I was on fire this morning. :D I will finish up the signs Monday night and bring them out later in the week when we play a round. Course looks great and is a blast to play. That whole creek thing is a pain in the a$$, makes you want to play safe so you don't have to go wading. Good job by everyone!
Danno

Postby mattmelcher » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:33 pm

mtldetect1 wrote:Hay Dan and Matt, good thing you played me this morning while I was tired, I would have kicked your a@% tonight :D Finally got my birdy on 12 8)

I don't buy that for a second! I saw you - seemed like all I really saw was your hat poking up outa the creek bed :wink:

I don't think anyone kicked anyone's ass this morning...You and Jeremy spent most of the round on the wrong side of the creek...Dan couldn't hit a putt...and all I could hit were trees...I don't think my taco'd disc will ever be flat again! (actually, it went as usual - all those guys kicked my ass...) Now that I have a course in my backyard and a lot of free time to practice i anticipate the gap closing in a hurry...at least i hope
mattmelcher

Postby puppetmaster » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:39 pm

I don't think my taco'd disc will ever be flat again

Your be thanking that tree, them taco disc fly really well. Ive taco my LS more times than I can count and I'd cry like a baby if I lost it now.
puppetmaster

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:08 am

Ok Gary, HOW MANY benches did you put in this morning before work? I played @ dusk last night w/ my kids, and DAMN - I drive by this AM to see a bench sitting @ #1? whoa!

So the course will be 99.9% done by this weekend, YES! Then just have to wait for the city on the last two pours, man...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby mattmelcher » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:54 pm

ghstinshll wrote:Ok Gary, HOW MANY benches did you put in this morning before work? I played @ dusk last night w/ my kids, and DAMN - I drive by this AM to see a bench sitting @ #1? whoa!

So the course will be 99.9% done by this weekend, YES! Then just have to wait for the city on the last two pours, man...

At 7 am I saw them bringing the benches to the park...
I think they had them all in by 9 or 10...
Jeremy was dropping grass seed arond the pads later in the morning...
All we need now are trash cans...
This course is 99% done - 100% fun!

As you can see, they are some sort of composite material, I bet they also have a lot of recycled stuff in them...
mattmelcher

PreviousNext

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club