Team Tournament

Team Tournament

Postby Daddy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:58 pm

Ha-Ha looks like the sh!ty baskets did'nt do the locals any good.....thank you D.M. for the oppertunity to play for the title in your town at least once.....we'll see you at West Lake Park in '07.....if you show(or place)!!!
Daddy

Postby Mount » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:05 pm

and probably many of the next few years to come :lol:
Mount

Postby Lou Siffer » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:56 pm

Man... startin' in already?
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Daddy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:09 pm

Lincoln got a bullet in the head from point blank.......if ya can't win on your home course.....how you gonna come over here and do any better????

Do people from D.M. travel to play golf competetively(not counting C.S.)???

The hammer dropps, "BOOM"......exit bullet, shortly after the brains follow. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Daddy

Postby The Donator » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:24 pm

I didnt think the cables on the baskets had any effect on putts either way whatsoever. I honestly didnt even notice them until one of my last holes in the doubles round. I played with guys with every single type of putting style (hard and fast, lazy hyzer, hard hyzer, wobbly, straight, and loft), and didnt notice a thing. Any putt that did not go in was the players fault, not the cable/chains. If anything, I saw a few catch that I didnt think would otherwise on any other basket. I guess I didnt think anything was wrong with the baskets in the first place, but thats just my opinion. Wouldnt bother me if they were there or not.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Mount » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:10 am

My partner and I had two putts in the doubles round that should have been in but popped right out. I guess that happens at any course once in a while, with any basket. But I believe these two would have stayed in any other basket.
Mount

Postby Daddy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:22 am

I'll put it to you in a way hopefully everyone can understand.....I go down to the local store that sells discs. I buy a disc and when I use it it does'nt do what I want it to do. So I glue a dime to one side and I take my knife and cut out some chunks from another spot....WOW this disc now flies awesome, it has super spin and I can throw it 666'. The company that designed that disc I bought in the local disc store spent countless hours designing and testing that disc and I altered it to suit me(my) shot the best.....For that matter the PDGA has spent time doing tests on every disc that is designed to ensure that the discs are not to stiff or too sharp, safety is a big concern.......And the baskets that "A" company spent time developing, testing, manufacturing, paying to send them to get approoved, and even more than you know.......they have been in that park for ???? years and all of a sudden 3-4 days before the tournament they get"altered" from the official leagelly approoved version to this new "suited" for whom-ever......in my oppinion it was a rooky move.
Daddy

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:10 am

Post your opinion on the Des Moines board, Pat. I've been trying for a while to get support from people (outside Des Moines) that something neesd to be done about the baskets at Ewing since it's one of our premier courses, and people like yourself come to play. I agree, it's ridiculous that one of supposed best courses has inferior baskets---while the mach 3's or 5's they used at DMACC for worlds have been in storage since August 2004. Now, they intend to use them on a course that will not be a Ewing/Walnut/Pickard/GV caliber course. They say they don't want to move the problem, they want to solve it, and it's too expensive to buy new ones. I can't seem to get support from too many other people that the baskets themselves aren't the problem, it's the course that they are on. Who cares if they are on a course that is used primarily for recreation. Sure, all courses are used mostly for recreation, but Ewing is the course that if you're an out of towner, you're coming to play. And players have an expectation of standard basket quality, or consistentness.

I don't know, there's a lot of people that say there's no difference, the baskets don't bother them, they catch putts that other baskets don't, but the bottom line is, they aren't the standard, and a course like Ewing should have the "standard".

Just my opinion. And it's also my opinion that Ewing isn't one of my favorite courses to play in Des Moines because of the baskets. In fact, I've played less than 5 rounds casually there since moving here over a year ago. All other rounds there have been due to leagues, or tourneys. Thank goodness there's so many others that I enjoy, and that don't have Fall-notts baskets. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Daddy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:40 pm

Well if you call Ewing a rec course, whatever. D.M. holds alot of tourney there and all the people that travel to play in those tourneys are from out of town, and given that 99% of the time an out of towner takes it home, what the fukk ladd is it that they don't understand...the sky is blue, my eyes are red, and those baskets suck. If you all don't know all off this info you are a moron......

and as for me posting on there web site, fat chance...they whole D.M. seen is a little Star Plast-icky for me to argue all day on line.....don't get me wrong (there are alot of great people in the D.M. area that I have great admiration ane respect for) but none of you Are smart enough to drive out of the surrounding arae to go to a tournament that I am at....so I'll be at the Matzen Lake tournament if any of you fags want to come and play a course that you don't plat every other week at another of your D.M. Tour that you have going on.

if you come down, I carry a big stick and don't take sh!t from nobody, but there are some local guys that would love to have your donations!!!!
Daddy

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:37 pm

Pat, I think you need to re-read my post. I'm not saying Ewing is a rec course, actually quite the opposite. I did say that the majority of the play there is recreational, just as any play at any course is. Tournament play is only a few weekends a year.

And, I'm not asking you to "argue all day online" on the DSM site, I'm just asking for some out of towners, (not just you, anybody) to give their input/feedback on the baskets, because the powers that be, seem to think that nobody else seems to mind them. Just post your opinion, and leave. Or don't. Whatever. I just want them to hear the feedback---not from a player that's pissed becuase he's playing with Ron at the tournament, people forget that feedback realllllll quick.

As for this weekend, you know I'd be there if I could. We talked about it.
GDL17921

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:11 pm

Oh, yeah, and by the way, if you think I wanted the team event at Ewing--

[quote=Mr. Chad]You're Chuckin' crazy![/quote]

Some of you may remember I wanted it at Walnut and/or Big Creek, which got nixed because some tool from Waterloo said their team wouldn't come if we played Big Creek.
GDL17921

Postby shane » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:26 pm

suck my disc. As far as the baskets getting redone three days in advanced is bs. They've been done since before the open. I've wanted them back to normal since that day. Why you have to come on here and insult people from DSM? But the real question is why do you all keep insulting tourneys on the Iowa Tour?
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:45 pm

I didn't insult any tourneys on the IA tour. All I want here is somebody from the outside (of Des Moines) to provide more feedback to Latch. It's not just a few of us that don't like Ewing's baskets, which is the only thing I'm talking about here.
GDL17921

Postby shane » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:09 pm

not you Jay, Pat did and I meant I've heard it from a couple of the guys lately.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby 10up » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:34 pm

regardless of what feedback we get, it isn't going to get fixed before the end of the year now. We all know how long this potentially takes, any feedback that is given now is going to be worthless by the time next year rolls in. At least to the people that make decisions.

I can give you Jon's response right now; "lets give it awhile with the modification, there have only been two tournaments played on it so far and it isn't hard to take it off"

While that isn't neccessarily right, it isn't neccessarily wrong either. The Challenge is a long way off and about a month before that is when it's going to start getting attention again. I am laying in wait for the right time to strike, and strike I will. It is my charge that this will be fixed before the high season next year. Yes, I'm for fixing them, I don't want them moved, and that's not just because I think it's "transplanting a problem". I couldn't care less if the baskets in Greenwood were those or the DMACC. I think if we find a Mod (one of which I have in mind is cheap and absolutely effective) and place it in it is going to make everyone happy. The people that are hardcore "old-school Ewing" and the new guys that have no sentimental attachment whatsoever.
10up

Next

Return to Des Moines - Ewing Park