Baskets

Baskets

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:05 pm

I want you to voice your opinion on the baskets at Ewing, both prior to the modification, and what you think of the cable mod they have going on now. My opinion is that Ewing is one of Des Moines showcase courses, and the Des Moines Disc Golf Club should find a way to come up with the money to either:

Install new, higher quality baskets. I'd be cool with the Titans, Innova Discatchers, or any version of DGA baskets post Mach III model.

Or, install the baskets (that are in storage) that were used at DMACC at 2004 worlds, instead of installing them at Greenwood. Then, put Ewing's baskets at Greenwood Park.
GDL17921

Postby flyinplastic23 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:40 pm

my opinion is that every time i see your avatar it still cracks me up..

and all i know about the baskets is i saw a ton of putts come out of the chains... big let down!
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby shane » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:10 am

I've said this before, but why do you want to switch baskets and then install the other baskets at another course. Thats just putting a bandaid on the problem just like the modifications. Fix the problem don't pass it off on to another course. We don't want that junk at our home course anymore than the southsiders want it.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:30 am

I understand what you're saying Shane, but Greenwood ain't going to be a showcase tournament course, is it? I just think that since Ewing is, it should have the best, since it is a course that people judge DSM courses by. I agree, they're junk, but I'd hate to just throw them away. I'd be open to the cut the chains, add the ring mod as well. I should've included that in my initial post. Or, as you've said, get rid of the chains entirely, and put new chains and rings in.
GDL17921

Postby Daddy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:43 pm

Then cut the cable off the baskets....it is the most HOMO-SEXUAL thing in D.M.....and it is funny, cause I heard people bitch'n about those baskets at both of the last events.....maybe it was just Q.C. guys, if it was, just think of the beating we would have put on you all if our putts would all have stuck!!!! Maybe we would have only had to play one round...!
Daddy

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:48 pm

Daddy wrote:Then cut the cable off the baskets. and it is funny, cause I heard people bitch'n about those baskets at both of the last events.....maybe it was just Q.C. guys, if it was, just think of the beating we would have put on you all if our putts would all have stuck!!!! Maybe we would have only had to play one round...!

Good point. We couldve been home alot sooner.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:54 pm

GDL17921 wrote:I understand what you're saying Shane, but Greenwood ain't going to be a showcase tournament course, is it? I just think that since Ewing is, it should have the best, since it is a course that people judge DSM courses by. I agree, they're junk, but I'd hate to just throw them away. I'd be open to the cut the chains, add the ring mod as well. I should've included that in my initial post. Or, as you've said, get rid of the chains entirely, and put new chains and rings in.

IMO, raise money for new baskets and give the other Ewing baskets to other courses for practice baskets and to the Iowa Edge program to be distributed to schools across the state, as a gift from DSM and Edge. But, thats just me and I dont belong to your club.

Those baskets are a Chucking joke, and I think its laughable that you took crappy baskets and made them even crappier. Ewings the bomb, and I could care less about playing there EVER again with those crummy assed baskets. Id expect it from Folletts, not Ewing.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:08 pm

like I told Pat, please post your opinion on the DSM board. It's the only way the board members of the club will hear ya. I hear ya loud and clear, couldn't agree more, and I wish more people from outside DSM would bitch about this on DSM's board, as I have, because it doesn't seem to work when us DSM folks complain and offer suggestions regarding them. It's even gotten to the point where some folks that do work there like moving baskets and course maintenance getting all touchy and worrying that nobody appreciates...blah blah blah, people are just chuckin' blind sometimes.

The real story behind those baskets is that Jon Latch apparently has some kind of attachment to the baskets because Ed Headrick sold them to him when he was designing the course.

Maybe when they hear that people would consider NOT coming to DSM for a tourney at Ewing because of the baskets at Ewing, they'll start listening. That was Duden's reason for not playing the Open, think anybody cared? We still turned people away. I think that they have a Wrigley Field mentality about it----people come, so why do anything?
GDL17921

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:58 am

more interesting discussion on the Des Moines forum regarding the Ewing baskets. Looks like they might do the mach 5 reconfiguration. I bet that takes at least a half hour to an hour per basket.
GDL17921

Postby bman12449 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:44 am

fyi... i am going to move the baskets afternoon to the tourney settings, i finally got a time to use the gator sorry for the delay.
bman12449

Postby johnemus » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:26 am

what time you moving them? hopefully before 2?
johnemus

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:11 am

Thanks for moving the baskets B. Are there any more that are going to be moved? Or is what we saw at the mini going to be the layout for the Open?
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby johnemus » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:02 pm

i like most of the movements... i would have liked to see 5 moved to the middle setting and 12 to the middle. but no complaints. hope thats close to the layout for the open
johnemus

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:36 pm

that will be the DSM OPen layout.
GDL17921

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:43 pm

GDL2000 wrote:that will be the DSM OPen layout.

Thanks Beeman :D
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Next

Return to Des Moines - Ewing Park