Eagle Grove Course Development

Post questions and comments to Justin McLuen the Iowa State Coordinator

Moderator: Clue

Eagle Grove Course Development

Postby Dax G » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:02 am

Hi, my name is Dax and I am on a mission. That mission is to install a public 9-hole disc golf course here in Eagle Grove, IA. The target location is the Greenwood Park / Wright County Fairgrounds. I have recruited a couple of like-minded DG enthusiasts and we have formed a board dedicated to presenting a proposal to the key parties that we would need approval from. So far the idea has been met with warm welcome and I believe we have a foundation of interest that warrants us escalating the plan to the next level. Although I love the sport, I am far from an expert and am therefore seeking help from anyone who can offer it particularly in the design aspect of the course. I thought what better place to start than this forum. So if you can and want to help please do and I will happily provide all of the details of our early stage plan. Thanks.
Dax G

Re: Eagle Grove Course Development

Postby Grimm » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:32 pm

May have another reason to go to Eagle Grove besides seeing family that lives there and the Smoke Shack. That bar may be called something else now buts its always the smoke shack to me.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Dax G » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Yeah, I talked to the fairgrounds manager and the city administrator and it seems that they are totally open to it. At this point I have a proposal written but I am lacking the specifics of the course design. I have read a bit on the subject but it would be ideal to get a group of experienced players out here one day soon and chart some basket locations so I can mark them on a satellite image of the area. I think it would be fun in of itself and all included could have a hand in determining the course layout. So perhaps this is an open invite to people interested in helping.

And it's still called the Smoke Shack.
Dax G

Postby Clue » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:58 am

Hey Dax, what's your timeline? I could probably make it up there, but don't know if I could do it before next week.
Clue

Postby Dax G » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:02 am

Awesome!! We have no deadlines so waiting for some expert input is not a big deal. I will PM you my contact info.
Dax G

Return to Ask the State Coordinator