Ozark Mountain April 5-6

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Ozark Mountain April 5-6

Postby Clue » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:00 am

Pretty sure I'm going to this. Pro A tier, Am B tier. Looking for someone to tag along. Let me know if you're interested.
Clue

Re: Ozark Mountain April 5-6

Postby Clue » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:32 pm

For those of you interested in hitting the Ozarks sometime in the future there is some pretty big news. David's family ended up selling the land, but the new owner is pretty motivated to spruce things up and keep disc golf as a main attraction to the property. The courses are kind of in disarray right now because they've done some major clearing in spots which hurt a few holes and there are huge piles of debris in a few spots, however the new owner is keeping everything mowed and has added tons of gravel to improve roads. I'm guessing you won't even recognize the property by next fall. I enjoyed the new course. It was way easier than I expected. There are tons of par 3s in the 250ish range and the par 5s were pretty short and not terribly difficult. If you survive the climb up holes 2 and 3 (not as steep as hole 9 on Akita's, but combined are twice as far up) the rest of the course is pretty fun. It's very playable right now and is well worth a weekend camping/disc trip. I think he's charging $10/day to play and $10/head to camp.
Clue

Return to National Tournaments