This explains a lot.

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby tufluk » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:15 am

irban wrote:Unfortunately we have a large portion of the population getting all of their "news" from biased sources.

You mean like MSNBC, Salon, Mother Jones, Media Matters, Daily Kos and/or Huffpo?
tufluk

Postby irban » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:07 am

Yep, the difference between left leaning journalism, and right wing propaganda, fear mongering and tin hat conspiracy theories. Seriously, the fact checking alone can tell you that.

I was thinking yesterday, often you hear one of these bozos float the idea that we should require literacy tests for voting. Maybe we should test for knowledge of current events; wonder how many fox news voters we'd have then. :shock: I can see it now; a teabag comes in to vote, all puffed up with his hard earned "nooz nollege", spouting things about Kenya, Benghazi and the IRS "scandal". And they say "sorry, you don't appear to have a sufficiently factual understanding of the world for us to trust you with a vote. Next!" :P :lol: :mrgreen:
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby tufluk » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:10 am

To-may-toe, to-mah-to.
tufluk

Postby irban » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:37 am

As Steve Benen says.... "What we’re left with is an attack ad featuring a woman who’ll save a lot of money while receiving better coverage. "

When advised of the details of her Blues’ plan, Boonstra said the idea that it would be cheaper “can’t be true.”
“I personally do not believe that,” Boonstra said.

Americans for Prosperity, fighting for the little guy. :roll:
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Bugslayer » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:00 am

GOP ads rarely pass the scratch and sniff test! But as we have seen, if you just keep telling a lie the truly stupid WILL believe! There is STIILL a large group of conservatives who believe Obama WAS born in Kenya and shouldn't be president because he wasn't born in America! The same people are clamoring for Ted Cruz to be their candidate :shock: :roll: :oops: :lol:
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby irban » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:17 am

Proud to live in a country where this dick gets to conceal carry...

I'm standing my ground, bitch!

Pitiful and disgusting.
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby Bugslayer » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:37 am

Yeah, he made my point from many pages ago. If you feel the need to pack you are afraid of something, most of them afraid of getting their butts kicked, just like this guy admitted to!
He is/was a cop, sometimes they feel they are above the law, and above reproach. I'm waiting for the NRA to start to kicking in to the legal fund like they did their other poster boy, a real piece of work if I've ever seen one!
Personally I'm still waiting for that permit to carry my deer hunting mortar

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby grodney » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:28 pm

irban wrote:Proud to live in a country where this dick gets to conceal carry...

I'm standing my ground, bitch!

Pitiful and disgusting.

Holy smokes. To even use Stand Your Ground to plead Not Guilty is ridiculous. If he actually gets away with this, wow. But knowing Florida, the NRA, and this country, I sadly wouldn't be that surprised.
grodney

Postby 10up » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Ha!

This is gonna set conservative blogs on fire.

just...wow

http://dcabortionfund.org/donate/
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby tufluk » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:38 pm

Yawn :roll:
tufluk

Postby 10up » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:25 pm

did you think that was directed at you?

I don't think you're a conservative. I think you're a hick racist idiot who lines up with conservative agenda (because the majority of them are ignorant racists as well)

and what are you "yawn"ing at exactly? The mission? The message? The Donation? Or did you click on the link expecting to be incited and come away disappointed that it wasn't something that flares you up?

you suck.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby tufluk » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:54 am

Yawn :roll:
tufluk

Postby grodney » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:50 am

10up wrote:Ha!

This is gonna set conservative blogs on fire.

just...wow

http://dcabortionfund.org/donate/

"Wow" is right. And you are correct. Just googling their name shows the "outrage".
grodney

Postby Bugslayer » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:23 am

Amazing isn't it? While they rail at abortion clinics, something designed to save lives.....they have no problem donating their money to organizations who continue to kill people IE: The NRA, and various organizations who continue to deny climate change and our responsibility for it! :shock: Way to take the moral high ground :lol:

Those clinics exist to prevent the back alley abortions that were going on for decades, while the picture of an aborted fetus is a strong symbol.....so is the sight of your daughter/girlfriend/sister bleeding to death from some botched abortion attempt! No body is pro-abortion, it just seems many forgot why the law was passed in the first place....to save lives.

The argument to outlaw abortions is absurd, it won't stop abortion just make it far more dangerous for the poor. The rich will go over to Europe and get it done, they've been doing that since the late 1800s, the middle class will go to Mexico and get it done, but the poor? they will be back to coat hangers and hatchet jobs by medical school dropouts

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby O_D » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:18 pm

You guys better watch out! Joni Ernst is out to cut your nuts off! :lol:

Time to add "Bleeding Sack Liberal" to the urban dictionary?

In before you start flaming - I agree with very little of her stance on the "issues". That commercial is just pretty damn funny.
Calmer than you are.
O_D

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff