The Only Other "Real" Hobby

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Re: The Only Other "Real" Hobby

Postby Buzzz Killington » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Yessir! Got a ticket for face value at 545 am this morn. Was going to pay 40. Thank you craigslist! Look for me in the knitted sweater coat :) last year I busted out the fur. Goodtimes. I'd carpool wit ya, but we're coming from different directions. See you thrrrrr! I might pre arrange a cab with Joe for 4pm. Last year was cluster fudge at exit time
Buzzz Killington

Postby AO » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:03 am

I wish I would have planned for BBRR Fest. Work. Let me know how it went.
AO

Postby Buzzz Killington » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:02 pm

Some real good shnizz. Only a few duds. Solon brewery was great. With Cedar Rapids expanding, next year sounds even better. Ask pat for pics, I think he snapped one for every fill!
Buzzz Killington

Postby iowapat » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:29 am

Buzzz Killington wrote:Some real good shnizz. Only a few duds. Solon brewery was great. With Cedar Rapids expanding, next year sounds even better. Ask pat for pics, I think he snapped one for every fill!

That I did...and then I spent all day yesterday feeling like death (slipping off the bus and twisting my ankle and bruising my hip didn't help any)

Good:

Big Grove out of Solon...there guys know their beer. It's no secret, but Arms Race is thisclose to becoming my fav Citra bomb (Pseudo Who?). Their Short Stout (Imperial aged in whiskey barrels from Short's) was really good, if this were aged just a wee bit longer and they bottle conditioned...look out!

Exile Brew Company's Roxy is their unfiltered New Zealand-hopped pale...crisp, but with a dry finish

Meh:

New Belgium's Snapshot
Backpocket Brew's raygun IPA...maybe it was just me, but I think they really needed to clean their lines

Bad:

Peace Tree's dry-hopped Wrangler firkin...just one sip and I knew I wasn't going to finish it

man...I really should have taken today off of work...
This gun will not reload, cuz bitch I got extendos...
iowapat

Postby D Fresh » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:53 am

iowapat wrote:
Buzzz Killington wrote:Some real good shnizz. Only a few duds. Solon brewery was great. With Cedar Rapids expanding, next year sounds even better. Ask pat for pics, I think he snapped one for every fill!

That I did...and then I spent all day yesterday feeling like death (slipping off the bus and twisting my ankle and bruising my hip didn't help any)

Good:

Big Grove out of Solon...there guys know their beer. It's no secret, but Arms Race is thisclose to becoming my fav Citra bomb (Pseudo Who?). Their Short Stout (Imperial aged in whiskey barrels from Short's) was really good, if this were aged just a wee bit longer and they bottle conditioned...look out!

Exile Brew Company's Roxy is their unfiltered New Zealand-hopped pale...crisp, but with a dry finish

Meh:

New Belgium's Snapshot
Backpocket Brew's raygun IPA...maybe it was just me, but I think they really needed to clean their lines

Bad:

Peace Tree's dry-hopped Wrangler firkin...just one sip and I knew I wasn't going to finish it

A two day hangover is a good seal of approval. I might have to check this out next year.

On a side note, do you know what TG is delivering today in IC/CR area?
DRJ
D Fresh

Postby iowapat » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:45 pm

D Fresh wrote:
iowapat wrote:

Good:

Meh:

New Belgium's Snapshot

Bad:

A two day hangover is a good seal of approval. I might have to check this out next year.

On a side note, do you know what TG is delivering today in IC/CR area?

Zeelander and Orange label XHops...
iowapat

Postby irban » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:58 am

~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby AO » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:14 pm

Central Waters finally coming to Iowa.

Get to tour Boulevard this weekend.

Haven't really been drinking anything new. Mostly been whatever bourbon barrel stouts I can get, Two Hearted and Cuvee Des Jacobins.
AO

Postby iowapat » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:09 pm

If you ask the folks at Red's Alehouse nicely, they'll bring up some Crooked Stave from the cellar for you...
iowapat

Postby iowapat » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:22 am

King Sue...damn!
iowapat

Postby AO » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:58 pm

Yep! King Sue at Blackstone in IC and Parlor in CR. 5 kegs I've heard. Get a pint when you can, super good.

Nice having Central Waters in IA now as well.
AO

Postby iowapat » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:53 am

Brewer Bill at Bog Grove said that they were brewing another batch of Arms Race...citra bomb!

Pseudo Who?
iowapat

Postby AO » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:16 pm

AO

Postby iowapat » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:35 am

AO wrote:Opening this week.

http://www.lionbridgebrewing.com

I've heard nothing but good things about them from J5...excited to check them out
iowapat

Postby IHearChains » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Which day does it open?
Went to the website but didn't see a date.
IHearChains

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff