How Many Throws to Cross the Mile Long Bridge?

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

How Many Throws to Cross the Mile Long Bridge?

Postby Sidearm » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:51 pm

While crossing the mile long bridge near Polk City earlier this week, I found myself wondering how many throws it would take and what disc or discs I would use to cross from the Walnut Ridge DGC side of Saylorville Reservoir to the Big Creek DGC side of Saylorville Reservoir. How many throws would it take you if you had to start over every time you sailed or skipped off the bridge? How many throws if you could just continue (with a one-stroke penalty) from where you last were inbounds? I would probably use a classic roc, my 11X kc gazelle, or perhaps a seasoned Pro Wraith or Star Orc. I think it would probably take me somewhere in the vicinity of 35 throws unless is was especially windy (which it often is). It would then take me 50+ throws with a putter. I'll have to look the next time I cross the bridge to see if a forehand roller would be an option - if so, I might be able to do it in 20 throws.
Sidearm

Re: How Many Throws to Cross the Mile Long Bridge?

Postby The Donator » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:01 pm

Lol wow quite the winter question. .. no human could do it but if I tried I'd say a thousand 30 foot putts or so so I don't lose a disc
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby claring » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Just heard today that they are closing the bridge till end of May some time for repairs. So it might take you a few more throws since the detour is like 20 miles :shock: :shock:
claring

Postby irban » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:55 am

Might only take one if you can land it in a pick-up.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Sidearm » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:09 am

claring wrote:Just heard today that they are closing the bridge till end of May some time for repairs. So it might take you a few more throws since the detour is like 20 miles :shock: :shock:

Let's do it as soon as they close the bridge so that we can walk on the ice to pick up all the discs we threw, rolled, or skipped off the bridge!
Sidearm

Postby crazykrug » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:11 am

irban wrote:Might only take one if you can land it in a pick-up.

That has never happened before :roll: .

I was thinking what if it was pure ice on the bridge, you could just throw one real low and let it slide all the way down :lol:
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Return to Stuff