This explains a lot.

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby Bugslayer » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:19 am

LMAO..I figured out the problem with many of the regular Fox news viewers! It isn't that they are stupid, they're not...they are gullible, and misinformed! Case in point...Saturday 2 friends of mine stopped by while I was watching Bill Maher, when Maher brought up that the Duck Dynasty guys were all frauds they freaked! They had to go online and see it for themselves. As they cycled through picture after picture of Tommy bahama wearing, no beard having frat boys they started to wise up.
I knew it all along...grew up with hunters and rednecks without count, they were faking it. Nothing added up, but it does now. It is a put on...just like storage wars. Not based in reality! They portray themselves as fresh from the trailer, they mangle the language on purpose soley to bilk money out of their fans. They don't merely imitate the true southern redneck...they are downright making fun of them! yet they fill the cracker barrel to buy up their copies of Duck Dynasty Christmas carols! LMAO! Cracker barrel how fitting!
As Maher put it....... Fat cats pretending to be just folks, Pay attention Tea Party....because that's what the GOP has been doing to you for years! :lol:
Last edited by Bugslayer on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby tufluk » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:44 am

It's a TV show. Have never seen it. Do not find cable/satellite to be a good value for my $$$$. Can't get Fox news either. Have 15 free channels. Usually nothing on. Big Bang Theory, Judge Judy, The Rifleman, and Star Trek. That's how I roll. Oh, and I love to watch ball golf in the summer.
tufluk

Postby irban » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:57 am

tufluk wrote:...I love to watch ball golf in the summer.

Me too.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby grodney » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:16 pm

This isn't very anti-Conservative, but I'll put it here anyway.

A TED talk that calls TED talks "middlebrow megachurch infotainment".

"In America, the right wing has certain media channels that allow it to bracket reality. Other constituencies -- have TED."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... o5cKRmJaf0

Don't miss: "Communism in theory was a egalitarian Utopia. Actually existing Communism meant ecological devastation, government spying, crappy cars, gulags. Capitalism, in theory, is rocket ships, nano-medicine, Bono saving Africa. Actually existing Capitalism is Wal-Mart jobs, McMansions, people living in sewers under Las Vegas, Ryan Seacrest --- PLUS ecological devastation, government spying, crappy public transportation, and for-profit prisons."
grodney

Postby Bugslayer » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:05 pm

This isn't an anti-conservative page...it is a political one! Conservatism on its own rights is not a bad thing, a counter balance to unbridled liberalism which I am also against. What I am against is militant anything! I highly dislike militant muslims, as bad as I do militant Christians! I don't like any group of people who say I'm not enough, probably my main problem with the Tea party movement....rinos? Not republican enough for them, republican.... just not quite republican enough! Republican Light! Challenge their viewpoint and your against America! Challenge the viewpoint of the KKK and your anti-white....ect ad nauseum!
This is a forum to discuss political viewpoints with those that differ from your own! I try to go about it with a fairly light attitude, I have thrown with a few of the neocons on here, good guys and fun to throw a round with. They won't talk politics on the golf course, LOL, but other than that they are great! :P
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby grodney » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:11 pm

Bugslayer wrote:This isn't an anti-conservative page

It is for me. And that's sort-of how it started in 2007.
grodney

Postby irban » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:34 pm

I like this...

~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby irban » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:31 pm

~~~- ¥
irban

Postby mchoser » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:43 pm

irban wrote:I like this...

you like this because it adds to your post total, makes no sense to me. This post or site does not explain alot to me.
However tufluk and bugslayer i can handle and understand . you and grodney :roll:
mchoser

Postby 10up » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:00 am

2/10
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby medicinal funk » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:03 am

mchoser wrote:you like this because it adds to your post total, makes no sense to me. This post or site does not explain alot to me.
However tufluk and bugslayer i can handle and understand . you and grodney :roll:

thanks, changing your font size to 150 really drove your point home. A+ post, would read again
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby irban » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:44 am

Also, Eric Holder is the best AG I've ever seen (truly.) That one's for you mchoser. :P
~~~- ¥
irban

Postby tufluk » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:53 am

I agree. The "Fast and Furious" debacle has led to 100s of deaths. Janet Reno only notched up 90ish.
tufluk

Postby tufluk » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:29 am

Obama's Newspeak
By Victor Davis Hanson - February 13, 2014

The nightmare societies portrayed in the George Orwell novels "1984" and "Animal Farm" gave us the word "Orwellian." That adjective reflects a vast government's efforts not just to deceive and control the people, but also to do so by reinventing the meaning of ordinary words while rewriting the past itself.

America, of all places, is becoming Orwellian. The president repeatedly reminds the American people that under his leadership, the U.S. has produced a record level of new oil and natural gas. But didn't Obama radically curtail leases for just such new energy production on federal lands? Have the edicts on the barn wall of "Animal Farm" been changed again, with the production of new oil and gas going from bad to suddenly good?

Does anyone remember that the Affordable Care Act was sold on the premise that it would guarantee retention of existing health plans and doctors, create 4 million new jobs and save families $2,500 a year in premiums, all while extending expanded coverage to more people at a lower cost?

Only in Orwell's world of doublespeak could raising taxes, while the costs of millions of health plans soars, be called "affordable." Is losing your existing plan and doctor a way of retaining them?

The Congressional Budget Office recently warned that Obamacare would "keep hours worked and potential output during the next 10 years lower than they would be otherwise." That nonpartisan verdict should be bad news for workers.

Not in our brave new world. The Obama administration says it is pleased that workers will now be freed from "job lock." What is job lock -- a made-up Newspeak word right out "1984"? Work fewer hours, make less money and create fewer outputs -- and be happy.

About every January since 2009, the president has promised to close Guantanamo Bay. Is the detention facility now sort of virtually closed -- in the manner that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his chemical weapons are now virtually gone, as Obama decreed years ago, and in the manner that we are still hunting down the murderers in Benghazi who were supposedly outraged over a video? Is there an Orwellian "memory hole" where these embarrassing proclamations are disposed?

In 2004, many in the media reported that George W. Bush, the demonized Emmanuel Goldstein of our era, had overseen a "jobless recovery." Unemployment at election time in 2004 was 5.4 percent.

Yet since January 2009, only two months have seen joblessness dip slightly below 7 percent. A record 90 million able-bodied Americans are not participating in the workforce. Yet the president, in Orwellian doublespeak fashion, recently claimed that the job picture is good. If 5.4 percent unemployment was once called a jobless recovery, are we now in a jobless recovery from a jobless recovery?

In 2013, the IRS confessed that it had targeted particular political groups based on their names or political themes -- a Big Brother intrusion into private lives that was revealed at about the same time the Associated Press and National Security Agency eavesdropping scandals came to light. During the initial media frenzy, President Obama blasted the politicization of the IRS as "outrageous."

After the IRS was confirmed to be delaying the tax-exempt requests of conservative groups at a far greater rate than their liberal counterparts, the agency's director, Douglas Shulman, stepped down at the end of his term. His replacement, acting commissioner Steven Miller, subsequently resigned from the agency. And the IRS official in charge of tax-exempt decisions, Lois Lerner, invoked her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination before Congress. She and Joseph H. Grant, commissioner of the Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division, both abruptly retired from the IRS.

Congressional committees and the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration found that groups loosely associated with the Tea Party were more likely to have their tax-exempt requests put on hold than other nonprofits. Yet recently, President Obama concluded of this entire mess that it did not entail "even a smidgen of corruption."

It takes Orwell's doublethink to explain how a scandal might have rated an "outrageous" before the people in charge quit, retired or invoked the Fifth Amendment, and then, after their embarrassing departures, was reinvented as an episode without a smidgen of corruption.

In politics, of course, left and right, conservative and liberal, make up stuff. But Orwell, who also blasted the rise of European fascism, focused more on the mind games of the statist Left.

Why? He apparently feared that the Left suffered an additional wage of hypocrisy in more openly proclaiming the noble interests of "the people." Because of those supposedly exalted ends of equality and fairness, statists were more likely to get a pass from the media and public for the scary means they employed to achieve them.

Right now in America, the words and deeds of both past and present become reality only when the leaders put them in the correct service of the people.

We told the president, "If you like your popularity, you can keep it." We lied
tufluk

Postby irban » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:05 am

There was no IRS scandal, there was no Bhengazi cover up, Congress won't let Obama close Gitmo. The keeping your existing heath care issue is really a non-issue - poorly worded by Obama but not a lie. Every example held up by ACA haters to show bad outcomes of the law are easily dis-proven (if problems are so rampant, why can't they come up with a real case to show?) Eliminating job lock is a feature of the ACA, not a bug; even the repubs used to think joblock was a bad thing. Really, this has been like the Clinton presidency on steroids as far as unsubtantiated claims from the right. Their game plan has been to put as much rumor, innuendo and flat out lies out there to see what sticks. They hope the people are too obtuse to see it. Unfortunately we have a large portion of the population getting all of their "news" from biased sources, so a lot sticks, at least in the minds of the teabag and repub base.

Not that Obama has been great all of the way through. To me the right could make some good solid arguments against him, but they seem to think they'll get more mileage from trumped up bullshit over substantiated concerns. I don't agree with a lot that has gone on, and I wish Obama had been even more progressive really. I mean he started with a bunch of republican ideas, hoping to get some bipartisan buy-in. How did that work out for us? Still doing a lot of good, with limited cooperation.
~~~- ¥
irban

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff