Riverview Park

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Riverview Park

Postby shak » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:39 am

I just saw a story on KCCI's website http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iowa/former-amusement-park-to-get-new-life/-/9357080/23283258/-/ettsa9/-/index.html?absolute=true about how DM Parks and Rec is looking for ideas for recreational usage for the old Riverview area. Would this be a good area for a disc golf course? I'm only familiar with that small, open island area and know that isn't very good but if the property is all that wooded area back there it might be prime disc golf land.

Edit: video link was bad, I fixed it
shak

Re: Riverview Park

Postby Single L » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:05 pm

No, this chunk of land would make a terrible area for a disc golf course, and the project will be more grandiose than that. They will want to make it more of a destination park, like Grey's lake. I don't see the wooded corridor along the river and bike trail as an option either; its not owned by the City so it wouldn't be part of the project.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Re: Riverview Park

Postby shak » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:21 pm

Dang, I'm old enough to actually remember going to Riverview Amusement Park and was having fun envisioning a disc golf course out there.
shak

Return to Stuff