2014 Bushwhackers

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

2014 Bushwhackers

Postby Grimm » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:16 pm

2014...Is being brought to you by BEER.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Re: 2014 Bushwhackers

Postby medicinal funk » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:06 pm

i should have thanked my sponsor at the league party last year: coors light
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:21 pm

being this our 15th year we're discussing goals and what we want to accomplish in the future with this league. we're not making it a club and Kollin (and chase) are right, it's a beer league but we need a goal to work towards. one idea is to have our own course and clubhouse. this could happen over time so first i propose league buying a permanant mach 3 each year until we have all course materials. to expidite the process we could sell hole sponsors to individuals so if one was so inclined they could buy a hole, design, and maintain it. land we will discuss later once we know how we want to run it.

first item that we'll change is we're going to have a sign up night separate from draft night, this way we won't be scrambling to call and find people to fill teams.

other notable topics will be awards, payouts, and other expenses.
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:20 pm

3x state champ runner up wrote:being this our 15th year we're discussing goals and what we want to accomplish in the future with this league. we're not making it a club and Kollin (and chase) are right, it's a beer league but we need a goal to work towards. one idea is to have our own course and clubhouse. this could happen over time so first i propose league buying a permanant mach 3 each year until we have all course materials. to expidite the process we could sell hole sponsors to individuals so if one was so inclined they could buy a hole, design, and maintain it. land we will discuss later once we know how we want to run it.

first item that we'll change is we're going to have a sign up night separate from draft night, this way we won't be scrambling to call and find people to fill teams.

and i almost forgot, the logo change!
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Callahan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:09 pm

2014...Is being brought to you by BEER.

Ahh the elusive BEER, I don't think I've ever seen one in the wild
We bad, we ugly, WEBUTLY!!
Callahan

Postby crazykrug » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:38 pm

3x state champ runner up wrote:
I thought the first topic was how not to get your asses handed to you by the DSM team at the whack off :lol: :lol:

Sssssss
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:48 pm

crazykrug wrote:
3x state champ runner up wrote:
I thought the first topic was how not to get your asses handed to you by the DSM team at the whack off :lol: :lol:

Sssssss

Enjoy it while you can.......
3x state champ runner up

Postby OttoAce » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:49 am

How does one get to be apart of such a cool league??
OttoAce

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:13 pm

OttoAce wrote:How does one get to be apart of such a cool league??

ask kollin, he's still trying to figure that out too
3x state champ runner up

Postby Flip Master J » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:11 am

Hello Bushwhackers! The UNIDG Team is having a fundraiser up in Waterloo on 3/22 and could use some Bushwhacker support. It should be a lot of fun and we're setting up a temp course that is looking awesome. I talked to Potter about it a few days ago and he suggested I post about it on IowaDG. Also I've been talking to some people up here about starting a Bushwhackers league in Lootown. They don't seem to understand what Bushwhacking is all about so maybe you guys can show them. We have a facebook page and a thread on the boards with info to keep you posted.
Flip Master J

Postby medicinal funk » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:36 am

Flip Master J wrote:They don't seem to understand what Bushwhacking is all about so maybe you guys can show them.

1.) beer

2.) handicaps

3.) ???
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby irban » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:54 am

OttoAce wrote:How does one get to be apart of such a cool league??

Sounds like you're already apart of it. :P
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Potter » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:24 am

Flip Master J wrote:Hello Bushwhackers! The UNIDG Team is having a fundraiser up in Waterloo on 3/22 and could use some Bushwhacker support. It should be a lot of fun and we're setting up a temp course that is looking awesome. I talked to Potter about it a few days ago and he suggested I post about it on IowaDG. Also I've been talking to some people up here about starting a Bushwhackers league in Lootown. They don't seem to understand what Bushwhacking is all about so maybe you guys can show them. We have a facebook page and a thread on the boards with info to keep you posted.

Let's help John Williams and the UNIDG Team get to Nationals!! Bushwhacker road trip! Would be cool to get some of the Des Moines Bushwhackers there as well!
"I hyzerflip drones, biatch" ~Grimm
Potter

Postby Grimm » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:59 am

Potter wrote:Let's help John Williams and the UNIDG Team get to Nationals!! Bushwhacker road trip! Would be cool to get some of the Des Moines Bushwhackers there as well!

You're allowed to play?
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:11 pm

Grimm wrote:
Potter wrote:Let's help John Williams and the UNIDG Team get to Nationals!! Bushwhacker road trip! Would be cool to get some of the Des Moines Bushwhackers there as well!

You're allowed to play?

in eddyville
3x state champ runner up

Next

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids