The Only Other "Real" Hobby

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Re: The Only Other "Real" Hobby

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:35 pm

iowapat wrote:
AO wrote:Bought a Lolita today and got my Century Club status at the Oakland Hy-Vee. Rules...buy 100 craft beers in either 6 pack or bombers. Can't buy the same thing twice. Shit!!!!! This cost a lot of $. Took me from March till today. Round 2......begin. Cellar is looking quite Fn awesome

Better clear some space for Sue...bottling today

and finally coming to the QC!
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby iowapat » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:04 am

MDR_3000 wrote:
iowapat wrote:
AO wrote:Bought a Lolita today and got my Century Club status at the Oakland Hy-Vee. Rules...buy 100 craft beers in either 6 pack or bombers. Can't buy the same thing twice. Shit!!!!! This cost a lot of $. Took me from March till today. Round 2......begin. Cellar is looking quite Fn awesome

Better jump on it because that shit goes quick!
This gun will not reload, cuz bitch I got extendos...
iowapat

Postby iowapat » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:55 am

MDR_3000 wrote:
iowapat wrote:

Davenport and Bettendorf we're coming at you with bottles of pseudoSue TODAY! Hy-Vee Davenport W. Kimberly Bettendorf Hy-Vee
iowapat

Postby RelentlessLefty » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:27 pm

I noticed the price jump in the 4 ladies from Goose Island. I am not sure if they are all the same, but I saw a few bottles at Hy-Vee for $27.99. I was pretty shocked when I saw the price. I am assuming Goose Island/ABinbev is trying to make more of a profit on them from previous years. I wonder if you will see the same price jump for BCBS.
RelentlessLefty

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:45 pm

iowapat wrote:
Davenport and Bettendorf we're coming at you with bottles of pseudoSue TODAY! Hy-Vee Davenport W. Kimberly Bettendorf Hy-Vee

i got enough to last a few days
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby AO » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:02 pm

Why is this topic not in "stuff?' DSM folks drink natty light and half the people on IADG never go to the DSM page.
AO

Postby iowapat » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:32 pm

AO wrote:Why is this topic not in "stuff?' DSM folks drink natty light and half the people on IADG never go to the DSM page.

Second
iowapat

Postby grodney » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:30 am

That's where Dan-O started it on the old board, so that's where I put it on this board. Blame him.
grodney

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:23 pm

AO wrote:Why is this topic not in "stuff?' DSM folks drink natty light and half the people on IADG never go to the DSM page.

don't be stereotyping us due to Lindsley. :lol:

I can think of 3 beer connoisseurs/brewers from the DSM area (also all Bushwhackers)right off the top of my head.

And yeah that's right, I can spell connoisseurs. :lol:

All that being said - I agree. Should be more of an open forum instead of a DSM one. I think it would get more attention if somebody started an Iowa Beer Connoisseurs page on Facebook though......AO... :idea: You have a hell of a picture for the cover page.....
GDL17921

Postby AO » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:35 pm

Was wondering who would respond first 8). I'd like to see it happen. As for the beer Facebook page ill look into it. Probably some good ideas out there. Glad you liked the cellar. This beer adventure is fun. Between meeting new people, talking to random people at pubs,liquor store owners knowing me and hooking me up, trying all kinds of brews, stocking the basement and sharing with friends.

Is it the 3rd weekend of May yet?! Legion of Doom Saturday night is going to be awesome!
AO

Postby Single L » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:54 am

iowapat wrote:Better clear some space for Sue...bottling today

It made it to Des Moines yesterday. I stopped by the Ankeny Hy-Vee on my way home from work and their 11am shipment was sold out by Noon. I'm starting to think they didn't build their new brewery anywhere near big enough. Looks like I'll just have to head down to El Bait Shop where they seem to have it on tap more times than not.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:44 am

Single L wrote: I stopped by the Ankeny Hy-Vee on my way home from work and their 11am shipment was sold out by Noon.

damn...I was thinking about stopping by there on my way back from Marshalltown yesterday. Would have been a disappointing stop. :cry:
GDL17921

Postby iowapat » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:09 pm

Single L wrote:
iowapat wrote:Better clear some space for Sue...bottling today

It made it to Des Moines yesterday. I stopped by the Ankeny Hy-Vee on my way home from work and their 11am shipment was sold out by Noon. I'm starting to think they didn't build their new brewery anywhere near big enough. Looks like I'll just have to head down to El Bait Shop where they seem to have it on tap more times than not.

The yield for this most recent batch was much smaller than anticipated...but, on the flip side, Brewer Bob and Mike both say that this batch is the best in three years...good thing the Chief was able to set aside a case for me

AO, did you get a chance to open one of those I dropped off?

Also...keep your eyes peeled for Zeelander bottles
iowapat

Postby Single L » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:44 pm

I'm almost to the point where I wish I lived just far enough away that TG wasn't even available. Its almost more irritating being teased with it being "available". It'd be like Surly and 3F's not being here. No sweat off my back, just makes road trips and snagging some more enjoyable.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby AO » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:47 pm

I have not opened them yet as I'm on call. I usually get growlers filled though so kind of waiting on the bottles. If anyone is interested..I may be going to decorah this weekend and can hook you up. What places in Des Moines have TG on tap?
AO

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff