2013 Holiday Disc Golf Showdown

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Re: 2013 Holiday Disc Golf Showdown

Postby JBOCK » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:43 pm

DLCdisc wrote:
JBOCK wrote:In, I take a hoodie if available (XL) ... I got 2 baskets if needed.. Jason Bock

JBOCK --- I have you down for the baskets and the hoodie (fortunately that is the size I ordered an extra of). What division are you playing and do you want Ace fund?

Advanced, ace yes.... See ya Saturday
A bad day at disc golf is still better than a good day at anything else.... Unless its also disc golf
JBOCK

Postby DLCdisc » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:28 pm

Alright -- just finished my 8th long day at work in the last 9 and I am ready for the stress-free relaxation that is running a disc golf event with 90+ players on a course that only exists one day a year :lol: . Seriously though, I am glad its here and its the only event that I look forward to and don't get to play. I hope everyone that has signed up so far is looking forward to it as well. Here are a couple of updates/reminders:

With a couple of folks that have had to back out for health reasons or other circumstances we are setting at 72 people registered. Here is the breakdown:

Open 13
Masters 9
Advanced 21 (NICE!)
Adv. Masters 5
Adv. G-Masters 7
Intermediate 14
Recreational 1
Women 2

I am off work Friday and will be available on and off most of the day if anyone wants to catch up with me and pay up (probably get you another 30-45 minutes of sleep) :mrgreen: . The agenda is to deliver a couple of baskets to the course and verify the flags are all still in place, finish picking up the player pack goodies, and a few various errands so the options are catch me while I am out or come to Ankeny.

Here is list of people that have volunteered baskets (please let me know if you are on there and can't bring it):
Damon C. 1
Daryl C. 2
Shane S. 1
Gunnick 1/1 (backup)
Steve A. 1/1 (backup)
Corey P. 1
Beery 1
Clue 1
Leon B. 1
Neils J. 1
Travis T. 1
Jay G 1
Rusty C. 1
Innis 1
Joey T. 1
Steffen 1
J BOCK 2
Kerkove 1

That gives us the cushion we need in case someone has an emergency and can't make it. Most of the basket spots are flat (not the area around it :twisted: ), but if anyone has a few boards laying around to use in leveling baskets bring them along.

There will be 90 player packs. If we exceed 90 players (which we have done the last 2 years), the people that waited to the last second will be without treats :x . That's OK, I am sure someone will share.

Reminders:
1. If there is frost on the ground Saturday morning, the setup and start time could be delayed slightly. If that happens, I will ask for your patience in advance and warn that the lunch period might be shortened to help offset it.
2. No worries if the lunch time gets shortened, they are going to have food available there. Last year they put together an affordable lunch combo. Keep in mind that the more support we show them, the easier it is for them to say yes to the event year after year.
3. No outside alcohol can be brought onto the course. I know there will be someone who says screw that and does it anyway. Don't let me or course personnel see it or that will be the end of your day there in the name preserving a solid relationship with a great venue.
4. I was cautious with the hoodies as I can't afford to get stuck with them. That being said, I have a couple for sale that have not already been spoken for. One is a large and the other is a XXL. If you want one of these two for only $20, let me know ASAP.

There are a lot of people that read this that help out in some way with this event and I really appreciate every contribution. Without the help of you guys, this would either be no longer happening or still a 25 player gathering at Big Creek. I hope everyone enjoys themselves.

Damon
Last edited by DLCdisc on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DLCdisc

Postby blkwizardsonny » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:18 am

damon we appreciate everything you do for us to enjoy a sweet day of golf .the fact that you do this for US to enjoy and you dont even get to play a once a year ball golf course with carts shows your character and unselfishness . much love damon and everyone that helps .
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby discgolfduval » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:29 am

blkwizardsonny wrote:damon we appreciate everything you do for us to enjoy a sweet day of golf .the fact that you do this for US to enjoy and you dont even get to play a once a year ball golf course with carts shows your character and unselfishness . much love damon and everyone that helps .

Well said Duden. Now the only question that remains is will you be there? :twisted: :P
discgolfduval

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:36 am

Nice tee shot on 11 last night
SARG27044

Postby The Donator » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:56 am

SARG27044 wrote:Nice tee shot on 11 last night

Lmfao! Sorry Damon, wont be able to play. More xrays today showed more fractures in my right middle finger after i played last night. Numb from the tip of the finger to halfway up the arm like it was injected with novacaine. :( :cry: :(
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby crazykrug » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Damon and I will once again be putting together the sweet player packs tonight so I get first dibs on all the treats, sorry if your number 91, I am not sharing :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Kidding aside, please thank Damon tomorrow if you haven't already. He puts a ton of time and effort into this and like Duden said for him not to play shows how passionate he is for the game.

Now I didn't hear him say anything about heckling people so watch out as he might just do that, I am sure Frankie and Daryl will if they aren't playing :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

See you all bright and early tomorrow morning.
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Postby blkwizardsonny » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:44 pm

discgolfduval wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:damon we appreciate everything you do for us to enjoy a sweet day of golf .the fact that you do this for US to enjoy and you dont even get to play a once a year ball golf course with carts shows your character and unselfishness . much love damon and everyone that helps .

Well said Duden. Now the only question that remains is will you be there? :twisted: :P

atleast for the first rd ill be there lol :mrgreen:
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby blkwizardsonny » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:45 pm

The Donator wrote:

Lmfao! Sorry Damon, wont be able to play. More xrays today showed more fractures in my right middle finger after i played last night. Numb from the tip of the finger to halfway up the arm like it was injected with novacaine. :( :cry: :(

ive been playing all year with three numb fingers fr carpel tunnel get your panties un did
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby blkwizardsonny » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:46 pm

crazy you really need to quit using the mr green emoticons js
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby The Donator » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:14 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:
The Donator wrote:

ive been playing all year with three numb fingers fr carpel tunnel get your panties un did

Are they fractured/broken tho? Not being a puss but id like to play disc longer than this year by taking 6-8 weeks off. Sucks, this is one of the funnest/best 3 tournies of the year without a doubt.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The Donator

Postby irban » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:20 pm

[quote="The Donator]Sucks, this is one of the funnest/best 3 tournies of the year without a doubt.. [/quote]
Caddy?
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby GaW27166 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:25 pm

And 4
GaW27166

Postby Marcovis » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:47 pm

Thanks Damon for all the work you put into this event! Weather looks perfect, super excited for tomorrow.
Marcovis

Postby The Donator » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:56 pm

irban wrote:[quote="The Donator]Sucks, this is one of the funnest/best 3 tournies of the year without a doubt.. [/quote]
Caddy?[/quote]

Ill text you tonight, i want to be here more than ever, at least to help Damon out
The Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments