This explains a lot.

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Re: This explains a lot.

Postby Bugslayer » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:04 am

HA....you're married! I KNOW someone tells you what to do! :lol: ....now whether you do it or not remains to be seen!

I'm not talking about you in particular but the movement in general. Will they take over the GOP? If not, will they knuckle under? Can't have it both ways! According to the Tea Party many of the GOP are Rinos, according to the Rinos, the Tea Party is a bunch of political rookies that may have scarred the GOP for years to come!

The fact that the GOP is at odds with itself will cost it elections and tons of money in the long run. I saw this before with the Dems....for years they fought amongst themselves, spending too much cash and energy on the primaries and pitting party members against other party members! In the process alienating IND voters like me! Eventually the Green Party arose, and for years it has weakened that party, but has also allowed the Dems to focus their message, and allowed them to take the congress and the presidency!

Time for the Tea Party to sack up or suck up.....going to be interesting to see how this works out.
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby tufluk » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:53 am

The President Who Has Done the Most Damage
By Dennis Prager - October 29, 2013
I have been broadcasting for 31 years and writing for longer than that. I do not recall ever saying on radio or in print that a president is doing lasting damage to our country. I did not like the presidencies of Jimmy Carter (the last Democrat I voted for) or Bill Clinton. Nor did I care for the "compassionate conservatism" of George W. Bush. In modern political parlance "compassionate" is a euphemism for ever-expanding government.

But I have never written or broadcast that our country was being seriously damaged by a president. So it is with great sadness that I write that President Barack Obama has done and continues to do major damage to America. The only question is whether this can ever be undone.
This is equally true domestically and internationally.
Domestically, his policies have gravely impacted the American economy.
He has overseen the weakest recovery from a recession in modern Amercan history.
He has mired the country in unprecedented levels of debt: about $6.5 trillion dollars in five years (this after calling his predecessor "unpatriotic" for adding nearly $5 trillion in eight years).
He has fashioned a country in which more Americans now receive government aid -- means-tested, let alone non-means tested -- than work full-time.
He has no method of paying for this debt other than printing more money -- thereby surreptitiously taxing everyone through inflation, including the poor he claims to be helping, and cheapening the dollar to the point that some countries are talking another reserve currency -- and saddling the next generations with enormous debts.
With his 2,500-page Affordable Care Act, he has made it impossible for hundreds of thousands, soon millions, of Americans to keep their individual or employee-sponsored group health insurance; he has stymied American medical innovation with an utterly destructive tax on medical devices; and he has caused hundreds of thousands of workers to lose full-time jobs because of the health care costs imposed by Obamacare on employers.
His Internal Revenue Service used its unparalleled power to stymie political dissent. No one has been held accountable.
His ambassador to Libya and three other Americans were murdered by terrorists in Benghazi, Libya. No one has been blamed. The only blame the Obama administration has leveled was on a video maker in California who had nothing to do with the assault.
In this president's White House, the buck stops nowhere.
Among presidents in modern American history, he has also been a uniquely divisive force. It began with his forcing Obamacare through Congress -- the only major legislation in American history to be passed with no votes from the opposition party.
Though he has had a unique opportunity to do so, he has not only not helped heal racial tensions, he has exacerbated them. His intrusions into the Trayvon Martin affair ("If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon") and into the confrontation between a white police officer and a black Harvard professor (the police "acted stupidly") were unwarranted, irresponsible, demagogic and, most of all, divisive.
He should have been reassuring black Americans that America is in fact the least racist country in the world -- something he should know as well anybody, having been raised only by whites and being the first black elected the leader of a white-majority nation. Instead, he echoed the inflammatory speech of professional race-baiters such as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.
He has also divided the country by economic class, using classic Marxist language against "the rich" and "corporate profits."
Regarding America in the world, he has been, if possible, even more damaging. The United States is at its weakest, has fewer allies, and has less military and diplomatic influence than at any time since before World War I.
One wonders if there is a remaining ally nation that trusts him. And worse, no American enemy fears him. If you are a free movement (the democratic Iranian and Syrian oppositions) or a free country (Israel), you have little or no reason to believe that you have a steadfast ally in the United States.
Even non-democratic allies no longer trust America. Barack Obama has alienated our most important and longest standing Arab allies, Egypt and Saudi Arabia. Both the anti-Muslim Brotherhood and the anti-Iran Arab states have lost respect for him.
And his complete withdrawal of American troops from Iraq has left that country with weekly bloodbaths.
Virtually nothing Barack Obama has done has left America or the world better since he became president. Nearly everything he has touched has been made worse.
He did, however, promise before the 2008 election that "We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America." That is the one promise he has kept.
tufluk

Postby Bugslayer » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:07 am

Dennis Prager? ROTFL..... really? and you bothered to rewrite all of his BS rhetoric? The guy is a bigot and a complete idiot :shock:

He was the turd who thought that Keith Ellison (a muslum) should not be allowed to swear in on the Koran because it undermined American civilization! to which he was booted off of the American Holocaust Council for being a bigot! That view and others caused the Anti Defamation League to declare Pragers' views were intolerant, misinformed and downright Unamerican!

This is another of those right wing family value nuts (family values...LOL...dudes been divorced twice!) who is extremely pro Israel, and a bigot.....wonder why he dislikes a bi-racial moderate President who don't jump every time Israel says so?

Whats next Tuf?....the op-ed from the Grand Wizard? If these are the writers and commentators you gather your views from it isn't surprising that some on this site would mistake you for a bigot! You're not, but the men you listen to are!

This guy believes thouroughly that should America not back Israel totally that genesis will be upon us.....REALLY? NUT JOB! even his own people think so! In the future don't pollute the air with this guys views as the ADL said.....intolerant...misinformed...un-American!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby irban » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:20 am

Bugslayer wrote:...should America not back Israel totally that genesis will be upon us...

I assume you mean revelations will be upon us. Armageddon.

I agree, not particularly convincing. You don't even have to know he is a nutjob. You can figure it out by reading ...

...His Internal Revenue Service used its unparalleled power to stymie political dissent. No one has been held accountable...
...His ambassador to Libya and three other Americans were murdered by terrorists in Benghazi, Libya. No one has been blamed....
...He has also divided the country by economic class, using classic Marxist language against "the rich" and "corporate profits."...

Typical ranting. The real problem I see with these guys is when people in power make decisions that affect us all based on this crap. They buy into the right wing nut-o-sphere; It's the only nooz they hear. Chuck Grassley,Antonin Scalia, the list is long and depressing.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Bugslayer » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:47 am

yeah...revelations. I'm not up on Bronze age fairy tales.

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby grodney » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:27 pm

I especially liked the part where he complained about the economy recovering.
grodney

Postby Bugslayer » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:15 am

LOL...So disappointed with this group! I put out my first official troll attempt and I got no takers :shock:

While discussing politics is always fun, it is the discussion of religion that REALLY gets folks going! The fact that one of the political parties continues to use religion as a talking point, should in turn make religion one of our talking points. While many GOP members proclaim their fear of Sharia law, they have no problem interjecting THIER religious beliefs into our politics.......how is this any different?

Look at whack jobs like Prager! Any vow made on any thing OTHER than the bible is a blow at our social fiber! He would feel more comfortable if Ellison would have sworn in on a bible? A book that Ellison has no belief in?....might as well as used a copy of TV guide! But it would have made Prager more sure of his oath right? Using a bible sure kept all those other elected officials from screwing us :roll:

The GOP likes the divide and conquer strategy....religion plays right along with that concept. Reagan embraced the religious right folding it right into the GOP, I knew that would eventually blow up in their face, looks like the divide and conquer technique is working fine....but it is the GOP it is dividing and conquering.

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby irban » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:25 pm

You're certainly not going to get any argument from me in support of religion. I hear you on all points. The evangelicals are sawing off their own branch too. People hear all of the crap they pull in politics and realize more and more what a sham it all is. The reason christmas is becoming more and more secularized, is because more and more people are turning away from religion, not because people say happy holidays. idiot users like ralph reed don't have a christian bone in them. Their only use for religion is to game the system.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby grodney » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:05 am

Politics aside, I would lose my sh!t if I had to wade through my company's health plan options, and actually figure them out. Thank god for my wife, and her telling me which buttons to press when I "enroll". Honestly, I just glanced at the information available on our company portal. Indecipherable. And I like to think I have a modicum of intelligence. This is such a convoluted racket, it's disturbing.

I would gladly pay whatever tax % necessary to just go to the doctor when I need to. There are places that do that, right? Cripes.
grodney

Postby 10up » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:21 pm

yup, Germany
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby irban » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:39 am

~~~- ¥
irban

Postby mchoser » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:05 pm

tufluk wrote:The President Who Has Done the Most Damage
By Dennis Prager - October 29, 2013
I have been broadcasting for 31 years and writing for longer than that. I do not recall ever saying on radio or in print that a president is doing lasting damage to our country. I did not like the presidencies of Jimmy Carter (the last Democrat I voted for) or Bill Clinton. Nor did I care for the "compassionate conservatism" of George W. Bush. In modern political parlance "compassionate" is a euphemism for ever-expanding government.

But I have never written or broadcast that our country was being seriously damaged by a president. So it is with great sadness that I write that President Barack Obama has done and continues to do major damage to America. The only question is whether this can ever be undone.
This is equally true domestically and internationally.
Domestically, his policies have gravely impacted the American economy.
He has overseen the weakest recovery from a recession in modern Amercan history.
He has mired the country in unprecedented levels of debt: about $6.5 trillion dollars in five years (this after calling his predecessor "unpatriotic" for adding nearly $5 trillion in eight years).
He has fashioned a country in which more Americans now receive government aid -- means-tested, let alone non-means tested -- than work full-time.
He has no method of paying for this debt other than printing more money -- thereby surreptitiously taxing everyone through inflation, including the poor he claims to be helping, and cheapening the dollar to the point that some countries are talking another reserve currency -- and saddling the next generations with enormous debts.
With his 2,500-page Affordable Care Act, he has made it impossible for hundreds of thousands, soon millions, of Americans to keep their individual or employee-sponsored group health insurance; he has stymied American medical innovation with an utterly destructive tax on medical devices; and he has caused hundreds of thousands of workers to lose full-time jobs because of the health care costs imposed by Obamacare on employers.
His Internal Revenue Service used its unparalleled power to stymie political dissent. No one has been held accountable.
His ambassador to Libya and three other Americans were murdered by terrorists in Benghazi, Libya. No one has been blamed. The only blame the Obama administration has leveled was on a video maker in California who had nothing to do with the assault.
In this president's White House, the buck stops nowhere.
Among presidents in modern American history, he has also been a uniquely divisive force. It began with his forcing Obamacare through Congress -- the only major legislation in American history to be passed with no votes from the opposition party.
Though he has had a unique opportunity to do so, he has not only not helped heal racial tensions, he has exacerbated them. His intrusions into the Trayvon Martin affair ("If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon") and into the confrontation between a white police officer and a black Harvard professor (the police "acted stupidly") were unwarranted, irresponsible, demagogic and, most of all, divisive.
He should have been reassuring black Americans that America is in fact the least racist country in the world -- something he should know as well anybody, having been raised only by whites and being the first black elected the leader of a white-majority nation. Instead, he echoed the inflammatory speech of professional race-baiters such as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.
He has also divided the country by economic class, using classic Marxist language against "the rich" and "corporate profits."
Regarding America in the world, he has been, if possible, even more damaging. The United States is at its weakest, has fewer allies, and has less military and diplomatic influence than at any time since before World War I.
One wonders if there is a remaining ally nation that trusts him. And worse, no American enemy fears him. If you are a free movement (the democratic Iranian and Syrian oppositions) or a free country (Israel), you have little or no reason to believe that you have a steadfast ally in the United States.
Even non-democratic allies no longer trust America. Barack Obama has alienated our most important and longest standing Arab allies, Egypt and Saudi Arabia. Both the anti-Muslim Brotherhood and the anti-Iran Arab states have lost respect for him.
And his complete withdrawal of American troops from Iraq has left that country with weekly bloodbaths.
Virtually nothing Barack Obama has done has left America or the world better since he became president. Nearly everything he has touched has been made worse.
He did, however, promise before the 2008 election that "We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America." That is the one promise he has kept.

thank you sir for posting this. .god bless america
mchoser

Postby tufluk » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:10 am

irban wrote:Let Todd Work

I'm certain that no one would believe that this lone gentleman is sitting at a desk 24/7 re-writing code for the healthcare.gov website. Certainly he is merely the overseer of an army of people doing this. It is ludicrous to think that having him testify before congress would hinder efforts to fix anything.
tufluk

Postby Bugslayer » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:52 am

Is it more important to get something fixed? or is it more important to gain as much politically as you can from a situation? As a consumer I would much rather have this guy focus his attention on getting things right.....then grill his butt as to why it was screwed up. But since the GOP is dropping the ball on most of the other major topics ( IE: Immigration/ The Environment/ Race) I guess this is their best bet to rally the trailer courts! LOL heard Priebus say we will ride this into 2014! This is their platform? :roll: same one they rode to victory in 2008....and again in 2012 :shock:

Still seems to be the party of STUPID!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby irban » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:17 am

Well, some of them seem to think they still have Benghazi. :mrgreen: dorks

Oh and Tuf, ask yourself what difference it would make if Todd Park testified in early December as he requested. Is the intent to score politcal points? Or to figure out how to fix the problem? I think we know the answer to that.

The biggest scandal in all of this are the 24 states that didn't increase Medicare limits, leaving a bunch of people without healthcare. Too poor for the exchanges, to rich for the old Medicare limits. Thanks supreme court.
~~~- ¥
irban

PreviousNext

Return to Stuff