Forget the boots, just get your arse in shape

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

Re: Forget the boots, just get your arse in shape

Postby Potter » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:15 am

I would DIE lol
"I hyzerflip drones, biatch" ~Grimm
Potter

Postby AO » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:01 am

AO

Postby Like_Water » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:08 am

AO wrote:http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Iowa-Ranked-12th-Fattest-in-Nation--220456971.html

80% diet, 20% exercise

It's amazing how adaptive the human body is to the shit we put in it. People live decades on McDonald's. they live sick and tired, but they live.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby SpikeHyzer » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Not surprised at all. There was a nutritional study done quite a few years back with 1st and 2nd graders(Or younger kids) and one of the questions was, what is your favorite vegetable. And if I remember right it was a staggering number that answered french fries. The other interesting fact I remember was that juice made up something like a third or half of a child's fruit intake. The US is truly a fast food nation. I agree with Tanner in that adjusting your diet is the biggest impact one can make for your health.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby The Donator » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:54 pm

Like_Water wrote:
AO wrote:http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Iowa-Ranked-12th-Fattest-in-Nation--220456971.html

80% diet, 20% exercise

It's amazing how adaptive the human body is to the shit we put in it. People live decades on McDonald's. they live sick and tired, but they live.

They live the same amount of years as a body builder/fitness Chuck putting non-supplements that are not approved by the FDA in your body. You have absolutely no idea what you are putting inside your system, just like pro athletes. Except pro athletes have the money to Chucking define what they are putting in their bodies.

You only live once. Have fun with it. If you want to live one extra year by eating grass, by all means go for it. Human life is not a race.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby SpikeHyzer » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:56 pm

The Donator wrote:
Like_Water wrote:

80% diet, 20% exercise

They live the same amount of years as a body builder/fitness Chuck putting non-supplements that are not approved by the FDA in your body. You have absolutely no idea what you are putting inside your system, just like pro athletes. Except pro athletes have the money to Chucking define what they are putting in their bodies.

You only live once. Have fun with it. If you want to live one extra year by eating grass, by all means go for it. Human life is not a race.

I guess that depends on your own perspective. You bring up "life is not a race", but let's use that analogy for a second. Would you rather be a sprinter or a marathoner in terms of life expectancy?
SpikeHyzer

Postby AO » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:36 pm

What works for me....no fast food, no supplements, lots of veggies, meats, fruits, pasta, water, excersise almost daily, plenty of sleep and I drink beer. When I did my last physical I told the dr the amount of beer I drink and his response was stay away from browns and clears. Meaning hard liquor. I too understand its a one time trip but I also try to be smart about it. I also do very little soda or juice or sports drinks.
AO

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:41 pm

psh, according to that BMI chart. I'm obese.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby blkwizardsonny » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:14 pm

your game is fat
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Like_Water » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:47 pm

The Donator wrote:
Like_Water wrote:

80% diet, 20% exercise

Big difference between heart attack in your 50's and living pain free into your 80's. heart attack is still better than cancer though.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby 10up » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:06 pm

AO wrote:What works for me....no fast food, no supplements, lots of veggies, meats, fruits, pasta, water, excersise almost daily, plenty of sleep and I drink beer. When I did my last physical I told the dr the amount of beer I drink and his response was stay away from browns and clears. Meaning hard liquor. I too understand its a one time trip but I also try to be smart about it. I also do very little soda or juice or sports drinks.

This.

NO SODA though. And if you do, get the mexican version without HFCS or GMO Beet Sugar.

Also I drink cheap imported German Beer (Like Warsteiner) to get away from the GMO corn, barley, malt, and even soy in American Beer. Most microbrews are fine too though, I'm just cheap.

Then again, one of the worst parts about living here in Colorado is having the opportunity to always and consistently eat healthy, but not being able to afford it. It's f­ucking expensive...
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby AO » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:40 pm

Month 26 of CRCrossFit

PRs today

power clean..190lbs
Strict press..125lbs
back squat..250lbs

Was somewhat surprised as I've backed off on heavier weight in the last 3 months but have been going harder during class.
AO

Postby SpikeHyzer » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:31 am

Weigh-in this morning and officially eclipsed the 75 pounds down mark.
SpikeHyzer

Postby IHearChains » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:35 pm

IHearChains

Postby Swisher Streets » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:36 am

http://instagram.com/p/lFnk1xN49j/

Prodigy sponsered Ragna Bygde has a routine for ya :mrgreen:
Swisher Streets

Previous

Return to Stuff