The 5th Annual Wildcat Bluff Open

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Re: The 5th Annual Wildcat Bluff Open

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:26 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:
AO wrote:Course looks great as always! Just played tonight. Minimal leaves on the ground but bugs are still somewhat out there.

As AO said, the course is in really great shape right now. Come on out this Saturday and enjoy all the work we've put into the course this year. We'll have a roaster full of soup/stew and I'll be making a couple roasters full of chili at no charge while supplies last. As always, course improvement donations are welcome for the food! B.Y.O.C. (I'll have crackers but bring your own cheese if you want some. don't know why you would ruin good chili with cheese though :P )

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Dev said he is making deer ball soup. :shock:
He said it's good, hell that's even worth the price of admission! :lol:
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:27 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:Not sure who is planning on camping but I just got a text from Crager saying the park is filling up fast with only a couple sites maybe open....maybe. I'm not sure on the possibility of saving any sites for anyone, just a heads up. If you planned on camping and there are no sites left, the crew will see what can be done to accommodate you. There is a hotel on the outskirts of Urbana along the interstate if anyone is interested. I can try to find a phone number, let me know. We did not set any discounts up with them however.

we stayed at the urbana inn one year nice rooms pool hot tub 79 a night few years back
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:31 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:
Budhyzer 17696 wrote:Not sure who is planning on camping but I just got a text from Crager saying the park is filling up fast with only a couple sites maybe open....maybe. I'm not sure on the possibility of saving any sites for anyone, just a heads up. If you planned on camping and there are no sites left, the crew will see what can be done to accommodate you. There is a hotel on the outskirts of Urbana along the interstate if anyone is interested. I can try to find a phone number, let me know. We did not set any discounts up with them however.

we stayed at the urbana inn one year nice rooms pool hot tub 79 a night few years back

I might sell my camper! :lol:
Budhyzer 17696

Postby AO » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Yield rule reminder. Would be nice to incorporate on 6, 8B, 11, 14 and 17. Guaranteed to keep good flow of play and prevent excessive long of rounds.
AO

Postby AO » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:54 am

Wow! What a great weekend! First off thanks to the entire crew for all your hard work. As I've been posting the last two weeks the Cat was looking and playing awesome. The view on some of the holes doesn't get much better. #8 is majestic. Nothing looks like it in disc golf. Clue's -6 was solid but MDRs -8 was salty. 110ish dgers out yesterday pretty much sums up how much people love Wildcat. Thanks for the chilli and Dev the deer balls stew was as good as any stew I've had. Grats to Steffen, D Fresh, D Peyton and Marty Ries. Great everything to cap off the season! Oh....and big thanks to whomever sold me the 4 pack of Heady Topper!
AO

Postby tufluk » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:23 am

Blown away by the quality and quantity of work that has been put into the course. Obvious to the untrained eye, mind blowing to those who know. Thanks a million for a fun day Sunday.
tufluk

Postby Buzzz Killington » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:09 pm

That about sums it up AO. Every time I go here, which is about 3x a year, it looks markably better EVERY time. Hats off fellas. Seriously. I was mixing soup with chili and it was fantastic, no cheese necessary :lol: , and also cool to support college funds for high schoolers. Baked goods rocked!
The tournament was barr none. 2nd best lifetime payout. And if you consider the pay-in, best ever. Sweet CFR graphic design, had to buy one! Always love Chase's vending too. I really don't have one critique, maybe slow play? But I'll be back every year! And if this is a sign of how many people feel the same, we'll need another 3 holes to keep from turning people away! Thanks Steve and crew, you really pull out all the stops.
Buzzz Killington

Postby IHearChains » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:16 pm

Awesome job by the Wildcat Crew. I had a blast yesterday! Thanks for all the work you guys do, that tournament is special.
IHearChains

Postby blkwizardsonny » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:49 pm

pic of the cfr design anyone ? and what discs are they . thx
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby hyzerman16234 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Thank you to everyone that came out to our house! Great job AO! 3 time champ! 112 players is a new record! Might have to go 2 days next year.
hyzerman16234

Postby discgolfduval » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:52 pm

Huge thanks to the WIldcat Crew for all the effort you put in to this course. The place is simply immaculate and what a turnout! Always look forward to coming here.
discgolfduval

Postby Master Lee » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:06 pm

Massive Thanks to the entire Wildcat Crew, it's guys like you that advance our Iowa courses to next level. The new grass is super nice as well. Had a fantastic time yesterday. No matter how badly I play there, I have never left angry. Just too much work and love put in to the course, it makes it impossible to be in a bad mood. Sprague mentioned that Camden 2 has a lot of the same ideals, look forward to making it down to play there as well.
Great course, great players and perfect weather. I feel bad for anyone who didn't make it.
Master Lee

Postby Clue » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:13 pm

AO wrote:Wow! What a great weekend! First off thanks to the entire crew for all your hard work. As I've been posting the last two weeks the Cat was looking and playing awesome. The view on some of the holes doesn't get much better. #8 is majestic. Nothing looks like it in disc golf. Clue's -6 was solid but MDRs -8 was salty. 110ish dgers out yesterday pretty much sums up how much people love Wildcat. Thanks for the chilli and Dev the deer balls stew was as good as any stew I've had. Grats to Steffen, D Fresh, D Peyton and Marty Ries. Great everything to cap off the season! Oh....and big thanks to whomever sold me the 4 pack of Heady Topper!

And that 61 second round wasn't too shabby, or Grant's 62!

Ditto to what everyone else has said. This has really become one of the *cult classics*! I tell people all the time that LOD is better than most of the NTs and Worlds because you get such an incredible experience for an unbelievable value, and that's what this tournament has become. And I can't say enough about the course. It really has turned into something special. 8 and 17 are two of the funnest holes to throw in the world!

Wanted to give a little shout out to MDR who played unbelievably and simply missed a couple throws down the stretch. I was also really impressed with Rod Reiter. He is an incredibly talented disc golfer and will get better with more experience. Can't wait for the 2-day extravaganza next year!
Clue

Postby iowapat » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:02 am

Clue wrote:Can't wait for the 2-day extravaganza next year!

Ditto...when can I reserve a camp site for next year?
This gun will not reload, cuz bitch I got extendos...
iowapat

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:20 am

Thanks to all who came out Saturday, it sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves as much as we enjoy having you all there. Congrats to all the winners! I want to thank Mother Nature as well for such a fabulous day for the event. She hasn't been to kind to us in the past, we must have paid our dues and now have been rewarded! A special thanks goes out to our brothern at C2, thank you so much for the Colorado Blue Spruce. It means a lot to us! We think we have the perfect spot for it, in an area that was the most devastated by the storm a couple years ago. It will get plenty of sunshine and always be a beacon of goodwill.
Budhyzer 17696

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments