Weatherby Park

Weatherby Park

Postby Buzzz Killington » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:34 pm

A little birdie told me 9 holes were in place, New Mach 2's, but no tee pads as of yet. This is on the South side of town, corner of Burns Ave. & Taylor Dr. Kind of in the the ghetto. I wouldn't leave anything of value in your whip while out playing. I'll report back with how many drivers I didn't need :P

P.S. Played it this morning. Mostly 250ft-ish golf. No lanes, just hole guardians. A couple wide open holes. Decent mix of back/forehand. Hole 5 is a bomber uphill, just under 400. There are alternate pin locales, however, they're so close to the others that it seems a waste. Chance of playing from #2 into #4s fairway/green. They've double the parking lot size. Go forward (South) along path and left (East) from entrance to hole 1. Course plays in a horseshoe pattern, down then up, left then up. Good chance of strong winds coming off the corn fields. Not much wind today. I had fun out there. Looking forward to tee pads.
Buzzz Killington

Re: Weatherby Park

Postby diskey river » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:52 pm

Chuckin Finally!

A practice course within 1 mile of the crib. This makes me wet, 9 hole city park course or not!
diskey river

Postby nayruthedamaja » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:30 pm

As new information has come to light... I withdraw my previous heartless statements.
Last edited by nayruthedamaja on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nayruthedamaja

Postby prodiscgolf » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:09 pm

I hope you see the posts on the other forum. Don't stop the progress at Wetherby. It will serve a valuable purpose, and someone paid a hefty chunk of change to have a course in their neighborhood.
prodiscgolf

Return to Iowa City - Peninsula Park