2013 Bushwhackers

Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, and surrounding area leagues.

Re: 2013 Bushwhackers

Postby AO » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:49 pm

The Donator wrote:No slight taken at all calling it a beer league, i doubt a single person would. Its a half beer league, half you know...probably like 95% of leagues everywhere. Definition of casual. I guess the key component were missing here is why AO didnt get his recognition that he deserved. From his earlier posts in this thread he sounded like he had a ton of fun. I know Tanner hated giving up so many strokes each week, but when you are that much better than everyone else and you play in a handicapped league, that is going to happen. The Sutliff BW league plays courses that are soooo much easier than DSM's, so that parity between the leagues makes a difference too. Its much more competitive down here, ill tell everyone from experience. Doesn't matter if you are playing a high or even handicap at any of the courses down here, its tough to win. Just sad to see it swayed AO so much the wrong way...

I did really enjoy going to league and was always positive about going. The match ups were fun as well and I felt the handicaps were the best part of it. You have to show up and play well in order to win and I feel I did that. I liked hanging with guys I've rarely been around or played with, why I decided to join the league. I had zero issues with anyone at any point throughout the season and looked forward to Wednesdays. Reading about the ROY...I didn't even think of or know about that. This is why I asked yesterday what the deal was about Best Average? An award given out every year but this one. I guess I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why these decisions were made.
AO

Postby The Donator » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:53 pm

Best average is the 2nd most coveted. MVP is first. Did they get rid of that? Also ROY was obv locked up for you. Did you go to the league party where they do the awards? Im not even over there but I hope you keep playing in the best league ever AO. I know you have high expectations and with those courses you may falter with your match if you miss even two putts. Its extremely tough with those deuce or die courses. BW is about fun, comraderie (sp), and your choice of poison. I really hope awards dont sway you from not playing. Nice year from what ive seen.
Last edited by The Donator on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby geoffreylaw » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:54 pm

peyton wrote:Actually the reason AO won't play again is, I was only 62 strokes short of taking his title. Some people can't take that kind of pressure, someone always breathing down their neck. One mistake and it's over. It's too bad, he had a real shot at being good.

Well, that settles it. Peyton has officially won the internet today. Everyone else can log off your computers, leave work and head home.

Good night, gentlemen.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
geoffreylaw

Postby AO » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:02 pm

The Donator wrote:Best average is the 2nd most coveted. Did they get rid of that? Also ROY was obv locked up for you. Did you go to the league party where they do the awards?

Well from what many seemed to already know mid season it was eliminated because of the lead I had. I'm just hearing about it now. As for MVP it was brought to the shop when I wAs working. I didn't go to league party cause I went to Atlantic. This is the agenda I'm talking about. I feel I hAve every right to be frustrated.
Last edited by AO on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AO

Postby The Donator » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:05 pm

AO wrote:
The Donator wrote:Best average is the 2nd most coveted. Did they get rid of that? Also ROY was obv locked up for you. Did you go to the league party where they do the awards?

Well from what many seemed to already know mid season it was eliminated because if the lead I had. I'm just hearing about it. As for MVP it was brought to the shop when I wAs working. I didn't go to league party cause I went to Atlantic. This is the agenda I'm talking about. I feel I hAve every right to be frustrated and again would like previous questions Answered.

Thank you for answering. I apologize for any snarky comments. Id be pissed too. Just wasnt clarified before...like i thought, it because you were too good they may have changed it. Sorry to hear that man. That shit is fucked up.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby AO » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:21 pm

The Donator wrote:
AO wrote:

Well from what many seemed to already know mid season it was eliminated because if the lead I had. I'm just hearing about it. As for MVP it was brought to the shop when I wAs working. I didn't go to league party cause I went to Atlantic. This is the agenda I'm talking about. I feel I hAve every right to be frustrated and again would like previous questions Answered.

Thank you for answering. I apologize for any snarky comments. Id be pissed too. Just wasnt clarified before...like i thought, it because you were too good they may have changed it. Sorry to hear that man. That shit is fucked up.

No biggie. I probably wasn't very clear bout it. Just stuff I'm hearing about in the last few days. Seems to me this was out there sometime now. Ugh...is it Saturday yet?
AO

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:39 pm

AO wrote:

Well from what many seemed to already know mid season it was eliminated because of the lead I had. I'm just hearing about it now. As for MVP it was brought to the shop when I wAs working. I didn't go to league party cause I went to Atlantic. This is the agenda I'm talking about. I feel I hAve every right to be frustrated.

good f-ing lord. i would assume this is in back lash to what i said about frog on the jones post but in reponse, i went out of my way for you adam. i shook your hand and said hey, mvp sums it up for the year you had and you were totally cool with it and proceeded to donate merch to the party, i must have read you wrong but you seem excited and pumped to do it again.

this league isn't about winning money or awards, it's bigger than you, me, or anyone who thinks they're better than anyone else. we've never had anyone your caliber play before and if you're unhappy about not getting all the trophies and if these posts are your true feelings, i guess i'd rather you not play.

i'd like to give everyone a trophy, infact that mvp trophy was 50 bucks and if you want to give it back, i'll take it, and get 50 1.00 mvp trophies so everyone can get one.

doug doesn't like anything anyone else does anyway so i'm not worried about hurting dougs feelings, you can go chuck yourself doug.

the league is for fun, once you guys stop taking yourselves so seriously maybe you'll enjoy it more.

Andrew Greco
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby AO » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:10 pm

This has nothing to do with frog, Doug or winning trophies. It's the principle of it all. Why did rules change? Hearing that I have too many trophies is sad if there's any truth to that. You still didn't answer why best avg was dropped. And again I didn't play this for trophies as stated above. But we obviously play for something. Why stats and records are kept.
AO

Postby medicinal funk » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:41 pm

AO wrote:This has nothing to do with frog, Doug or winning trophies. It's the principle of it all. Why did rules change? Hearing that I have too many trophies is sad if there's any truth to that. You still didn't answer why best avg was dropped. And again I didn't play this for trophies as stated above. But we obviously play for something. Why stats and records are kept.

It's about having a good time. Stats are kept because people like them. Rounds are the criteria by which your leveling of commitment are based. Look.... the rules changed because your so good. Simple. We've never had anyone of your level play before. Anyone could have said before league started that you were the best. Period. I should have given you all the awards up front, it's that simple. So I decide to change the rule, why, because I'm the chucking president. If you don't like it. Vote me out. My wife will be the first to thank you. So I decide to "share the wealth", you deserve the mvp. It speaks for itself.

Let this be a indication of how bushwbackers is run and why it's invite only ( Which Adam, I specifically remember calling you to invite you years ago) and it isn't about me doing stats, or awards, or records or being the best, it's how much fun do you have playing golf. French put it perfectly, it a different way to play the game for 18 weeks, you even said to me you enjoyed the challenge each week. That's why its special. Listen, you are always welcome to league Adam, why wouldn't we want someone who loves golf to be a part of our league, and deep down you are bushwhacker (a growler told me that). Does any of that make sense?
Adding up scores after league... Greco-"Kerri, you shot 11 up" Kerri- "oh a 65 isn't bad" Greco-"that was the back nine"
3x state champ runner up

Postby Buzzz Killington » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:48 pm

Love league, so I go. Religiously. I'm seriously more on time to league than my job. We knew Adam was a player this year, and lowered the h-cap to 48 instead of 50. (thats an AVERAGE of -6 folks, you try doing that). Since we knew, and made that adjustment, the other awards should've been taken off the table then and there. ROY I can understand giving to anyone else, to motivate the young at league (though usually given to the rookie with most points and plays all 18 weeks), but best average is best average. Pay up fuckers! lol. Not sure how he wanted MVP awarded to him, but a speech was given at the party to sum up how he smashed league in his absence. Party attendance can also dictate who gets certain awards (has in the past, and when most funds go directly to said party...i digress). Also, it's competitive, but not serious. A beer league. Conceived in a bar no less. 6-pack of your choice for any ace. We're encouraged to heckle, drink and smoke. Adam played the same way. Denied an award because he locked it up mid season? Boo. He never wanted the belt, not sure why this is more important, but I understand the gypped feeling.
Buzzz Killington

Postby peyton » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:42 am

Nice Greco, I don't like anything anyone does. You're a peach. I complained because you changed the rules mid stream and didn't listen to the rules committee that was in place. You singled out people to deny them awards. "I am president and I make the rules". Great. Good luck with yourself.
peyton

Postby Single L » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:48 am

I'm going to say this from the stance that the DSM BW's take on our awards and people in our league. I'm not going to chime in on how or what has taken place in IC/CR ..... that's really of no concern to me.

How good a player is has no barring on our awards or payout. Its a hcp'd league so its a moot point. The only award an elite player is more than likely going to earn is the best average award. Period, that's it. If they happen to get rookie of the year and / or MVP than so be it, they earned it, just like everyone who has come before than or will come after them, by winning the most points. The elite player winning has nothing to do with their skill, but more on how fair and accurate hcps are. We have tweaked our hcp system to make it the the most fair and contemplative it can be. It's not perfect, but its far more accurate and competitive than when we started when we used the Sutliff hcp system. I know a lot of guys in Sutliff think our handicap is confusing and messy, but in order to make them more accurate there has to be more than strokes and a base par. One size doesn't fit all when it comes to players and courses. So I'll reiterate .... from our end its not about how good or bad a player is; its about how accurate and competitive the handicap system is.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:47 pm

Wow Greco. Those are posts I never expected to see from you. Its painfully obvious you have had this on your mind alot longer than Adams OP.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby geoffreylaw » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:14 pm

3x state champ runner up wrote: So I decide to change the rule, why, because I'm the chucking president.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
geoffreylaw

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa City/Cedar Rapids