2013 Holiday Disc Golf Showdown

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Re: 2013 Holiday Disc Golf Showdown

Postby Carter45145 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:44 pm

DLCdisc wrote: I will be at Newton Saturday if anyone wants to register or has prizes to contribute.

I will be registering tomorrow. Been looking forward to this tournament for the last couple of months, a great way to end the year!
Can't criticize our smile...
Carter45145

Postby TTrammel » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:07 pm

Damon I'm in for Adv. Masters as long as there's a division I'll figure a way to run into you with cash
I speak my mind cause I can ! And no one can do anything about it !
TTrammel

Postby DLCdisc » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:54 pm

I have been out of town this week working and will be gone again next week. Catch up to me on October 5th for the Disc for a Cure charity event.
DLCdisc

Postby DLCdisc » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:17 am

This thread has been quiet lately. I have been out of town, but things are definitely coming along. REMEMBER -- the first 50 pre-registered players get a shirt with their players pack. The cutoff on the shirt order will be October 14th. If I do not have 50 people registered at that point, the shirts will get ordered and the remaining few will get what they get. Last year worked out perfect -- we had almost 50 pre-registered and the last few that registered up to 50 were lucky in that I ordered the correct sizes.

I will be at Heritage on Saturday, October 5th running a charity event for Huntington's Disease and will be on vacation the week following that. Hopefully some of you can make it out to the HD event, but if you can't you can catch up to me sometime that week to get registered. Don't wait -- the shirt is a nice bonus to the player packs (pro's get them too) and it is unbeleiveable how much time it saves to have more than half of the field already registered before the actual event. Looking forward to it.

Damon
DLCdisc

Postby DLCdisc » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:07 pm

I have the initial proof for the shirts and they look very cool. Before I throw down a couple of reminders, let me give a shout out to:

1. Sean Wilcox -- designed this year's event logo -- NICE!
2. The three primary event sponsors:
A. G&L Clothing -- Providing the shirts
B. Des Moines Disc Golf Club -- Covering some expenses and a little added cash.
C. Pro-Flight Discs -- CTP's, Raffle Prizes, and vending.
3. The other sponsors and donations are rolling in as always and of course I strive to make it better every year so be ready for some new surprises.

REMINDERS:

1. I need to get the 50 pre-registrations so I have accurate shirt sizes for the first 50 player packs.
2. Let me know in advance if possible if you are interested in a hoodie and what size there too. Last year I sold them for only $20 as the intention is not to really make money on them, and I don't want to get stuck with a bunch of extras.
3. I will get a list of what I have so far posted, but I am a ways off from having the 20 baskets I am shooting for to be prepared. If you are able to bring a basket and I have not talked with you about it, let me know ASAP so I can put that detail to bed.
4. I will be at Heritage on Saturday for the Disc for a Cure event if anyone wants to come out and register.

See you all soon.
DLCdisc

Postby TTrammel » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:30 pm

Damon I'm in Travis #36487 and I can bring a basket forsure XL shirt and XL Hoodie Adv. Masters
I speak my mind cause I can ! And no one can do anything about it !
TTrammel

Postby DLCdisc » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Updates:

After spending two weeks out of town for work, I hit it hard today folks and the sponsors and donations are rolling in. I will post some amounts as I get them established, but I am looking forward to nice player packs and a raffle to remember.

Here is my current list of people who have committed to baskets:

Damon -- 1
Daryl C. -- 2
Shane S. -- 1
Gunnick -- 1 / 1 (backup)
Steve A. -- 1 / 1 (backup)
Corey P. -- 1
Dave B. -- 1
Clue -- 1
Leon B. -- 1
Neils J. -- 1
Travis T. -- 1
Jay G. -- 1
Rusty C. -- 1
Scott I. -- 1
Joey T. -- 1
Steffen -- 1
JBOCK -- 2

That puts us at 19 regular baskets and a couple of available if needed. The goal is to have 20 baskets on hand in case someone falls through. If you have a basket to loan to the event, let me know and I will update the list.

We have about one week left before I have to submit the shirt sizes. I don't want anyone to get stuck with a shirt they cannot wear, so we really need to get the pre-reg up to 50 within the next 7 days. We are half way there, so drop it in the mail or get ahold of me to make arrangements to meet while I am on vacation this week.

Same time frame on Hoodies -- I don't need the money in advance on the hoodies, but if you would like a quality event hoodie for only $20 let me know this week with your name and size. Kind of hard to beat that price.
Last edited by DLCdisc on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DLCdisc

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:54 am

Damon, you got my basket as always. Pro Masters - Greenwood 17921
GDL17921

Postby DLCdisc » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:58 pm

Another great day of sponsors and donations rolling in. Slow day for registrations though.

Still need several baskets, so let me know if you have one to bring and you are not on the list.

As far as registrations go, obviously a paid pre-registration is the goal here. More importantly, I am looking for the COMMITTMENT that someone will be there at the event. So here is what I will do:

1. If you are committed to playing that day, get me your information (name, division, shirt size, and ace or no ace fund) right away and I will start a side list of registrations.
2. If this suddenly pushes me over the 50 mark that I have for shirts, I will post that and then start prioritizing them in this order:
A. PAID -- money in my hands goes a long way
B. Bringing basket -- I have the list going, so unless you are contributing a basket and NOT intending to play I will count that as a commitment.
C. Helping me run things -- There are a lot of cool people that step up in the time of need, but there are a few individuals that help me with this year in and year out that will receive a spot.
D. The rest.

WOW -- what's with all of the rules man?? :shock: Its cool -- just need to square away as many details as possible now so that day can be as fun as always. Message me on here, email me culverdamon@yahoo.com, or call me at 249-2454.

Thanks
DLCdisc

Postby The Donator » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:55 pm

PM'ed
Last edited by The Donator on Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby blkwizardsonny » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:42 pm

duden xl shirt ace fund
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby DLCdisc » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:53 pm

I have gotten several pre-registrations over the last few days. I will be putting the shirt order in by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. Once again, I want the shirt sizes to be accurate so let me know if you are going to be there. Let me know Name, Division, Shirt Size, and if you want Ace fund. I will put you down and assign shirts in the fashion I previously described. I am off Monday - Wednesday this week. I will be doing a lot of running around on event business, but will meet someone to register as long as I am not driving too far.

Raffle prizes are doing well, trophies are coming along nicely, and player pack items are starting to pile up too. Less than three weeks and counting. Maybe we will do guessing the hot round for each division with the prize being a raffle prize.
DLCdisc

Postby DLCdisc » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:31 am

We are up to 37 confirmed pre-registrations. I need 50 by the end of the day tomorrow to get accurate shirt sizes for those player packs. Get me your information by the usual means and I will get you on the list.
DLCdisc

Postby Discin'Cider49514 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:16 am

Jamalle Castillo #49514, ADV, 2XL, ace fund.....Thanks Damon!
Discin'Cider49514

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:27 am

blkwizardsonny wrote:duden xl shirt ace fund

Man, now I think I have to come out of retirement for this....
Tyler Sarg 27044, ace, LG shirt
SARG27044

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments