Rakeboy(s) Reprised

Rakeboy(s) Reprised

Postby geoffreylaw » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:22 pm

That thread was just starting to get interesting. What happened? We can pick up where it left off.

Okay, Frog, Greco just called you by name and said you're stupid. Ready. Set. Go.
Image

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
User avatar
geoffreylaw
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:29 am
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA

Re: Rakeboy(s) Reprised

Postby The Donator » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:32 pm

What?? If that got deleted i want half the threads ive posted in deleted as well. Minus the DSM BW thread...
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6303
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Re: Rakeboy(s) Reprised

Postby Buzzz Killington » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:19 pm

I think shit just got real. I think it's my fault. Rake boy is implied in criminal vandalism. If you can bitch about it, you can do something about it. Didn't mean to spook anyone, and am truly sorry if I have. Again, if there's proof of this clown doing the damage he's done, then now's a good time...

I would like to see him pay for the damages done. Apparently he's pretty good at pouring concrete, so setting sleeves will be right up his alley.

Frog vs. Greco? I'm with Frog on this. If you want a say in the course management, then you have to get your boots on the ground. I don't always agree with changes at other parks, but I don't volunteer there and therefore my opinion means very little. When you go to play at a volunteer-run course, you are mooching off of someone else's hard work. Thank them. Don't tell them hey, I would have done it this way, or why didn't you do this? I appreciate input about Peninsula, but at the end of the day I may take that advice or totally disregard it. I go to the parks supervisor, or Jeff when I need advice.
User avatar
Buzzz Killington
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: 30' out.

Re: Rakeboy(s) Reprised

Postby AO » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:56 pm

Things are taken care of. 2 of the baskets should be back in. One of them needs welding done. If you see vandalism please report to police.
AO
 
Posts: 4268
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:06 pm
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA

Re: Rakeboy(s) Reprised

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:14 am

geoffreylaw wrote:That thread was just starting to get interesting. What happened? We can pick up where it left off.

Okay, Frog, Greco just called you by name and said you're stupid. Ready. Set. Go.


I too was bummed out the thread got yanked. Who does that? For the record, I don't claim to be the guy who works on courses, seldem have and don't intend to start. I play disc golf along with a thousand other regular joes who go to the course and expect to play 18 holes.

Now, as I left off, if some idiot (frog) thinks it's cool to move baskets where ever he wants and another idiot (rake boy) reaps the benefits of those placements and now only wants the baskets to remain where they are, I don't really see the difference between them. In fact, I think these two have more in common than they think and should combine forces and really tear shit up at jones and ruin it for everyone.

I must also applaud you frog, your list of accomplishments you posted is very impressive and your right, I obviously only care about league. What's in for me? What's in it for you? Do we do it for the pay? The limelight? Or for other peoples enjoyment. I think your actions in disc golf are for your own self glorification. I should also thank you for the changes to shaver and jones you made before the a tier you hosted, seeing as though they' haven't been completed and both courses look like shit. Thanks frog, for everything. You've been more than generous to share your course maintenece with us.
camping in humbolt 2013 - greco: "why is there so much water in my tent?" bernie: "sweat and tears greco, sweat and tears"
User avatar
3x state champ runner up
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:17 am
Location: Cedar Rapids

Re: Rakeboy(s) Reprised

Postby The Donator » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:24 am

3x state champ runner up wrote:
geoffreylaw wrote:That thread was just starting to get interesting. What happened? We can pick up where it left off.

Okay, Frog, Greco just called you by name and said you're stupid. Ready. Set. Go.


I too was bummed out the thread got yanked. Who does that? For the record, I don't claim to be the guy who works on courses, seldem have and don't intend to start. I play disc golf along with a thousand other regular joes who go to the course and expect to play 18 holes.

Now, as I left off, if some idiot (frog) thinks it's cool to move baskets where ever he wants and another idiot (rake boy) reaps the benefits of those placements and now only wants the baskets to remain where they are, I don't really see the difference between them. In fact, I think these two have more in common than they think and should combine forces and really tear shit up at jones and ruin it for everyone.

I must also applaud you frog, your list of accomplishments you posted is very impressive and your right, I obviously only care about league. What's in for me? What's in it for you? Do we do it for the pay? The limelight? Or for other peoples enjoyment. I think your actions in disc golf are for your own self glorification. I should also thank you for the changes to shaver and jones you made before the a tier you hosted, seeing as though they' haven't been completed and both courses look like shit. Thanks frog, for everything. You've been more than generous to share your course maintenece with us.

Image
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6303
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Re: Rakeboy(s) Reprised

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:06 am

Anyways... I'll be out I Jones tomorrow morning to put baskets back in and try and fix 2's short collar someone poured quikcrete in. If you wan to help, I should be out there around 8.
User avatar
frogawitdafizzle
 
Posts: 1493
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:53 pm
Location: the lily pad at the pond

Re: Rakeboy(s) Reprised

Postby tufluk » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:36 pm

3x state champ runner up wrote:Now, as I left off, if some idiot (frog) thinks it's cool to move baskets where ever he wants and another idiot (rake boy) reaps the benefits of those placements and now only wants the baskets to remain where they are, I don't really see the difference between them. In fact, I think these two have more in common than they think and should combine forces and really tear shit up at jones and ruin it for everyone.

I must also applaud you frog, your list of accomplishments you posted is very impressive and your right, I obviously only care about league. What's in for me? What's in it for you? Do we do it for the pay? The limelight? Or for other peoples enjoyment. I think your actions in disc golf are for your own self glorification. I should also thank you for the changes to shaver and jones you made before the a tier you hosted, seeing as though they' haven't been completed and both courses look like shit. Thanks frog, for everything. You've been more than generous to share your course maintenece with us.


I can only hope this comment was made in jest. If it was, it's not funny. If it's serious, it's totally uncalled for.

In my experience, the only reason more people aren't included in decisions regarding course work and or basket placement is there are only a few guys out there on the front lines doing the work. Who ya gonna ask, a tree???

As part of the Camden 2 crew, I have to say we almost never hear any negative comments. With the gas, tool wear, chainsaw sharpening and food and drink, several of us spend 50-100 bucks a month each for the privilege of working our butts off improving (I hope) the course.

To compare a guy who does ANY work on ANY course with some vandal is uncalled for. That's the kind of shit that causes people to quit.

Frog, I've only played Shaver and Legion in your area. I extend my personal thanks for any efforts you have made to improve things. My apologies for other's thoughtless comments. Keep on keepin on. Gene
User avatar
tufluk
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:08 am
Location: Moline,IL

Re: Rakeboy(s) Reprised

Postby 3x state champ runner up » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:14 pm

tufluk wrote:I can only hope this comment was made in jest. If it was, it's not funny. If it's serious, it's totally uncalled for.

In my experience, the only reason more people aren't included in decisions regarding course work and or basket placement is there are only a few guys out there on the front lines doing the work. Who ya gonna ask, a tree???

As part of the Camden 2 crew, I have to say we almost never hear any negative comments. With the gas, tool wear, chainsaw sharpening and food and drink, several of us spend 50-100 bucks a month each for the privilege of working our butts off improving (I hope) the course.

To compare a guy who does ANY work on ANY course with some vandal is uncalled for. That's the kind of shit that causes people to quit.

Frog, I've only played Shaver and Legion in your area. I extend my personal thanks for any efforts you have made to improve things. My apologies for other's thoughtless comments. Keep on keepin on. Gene


Gene, Gene, Gene. My comments are not thoughtless and if the original thread wasn't deleted you may have a better
understanding of what is going on. No need to apologize either. I'm a big boy and if I've done something wrong I'll be the first to admit it. Now comparing your work at c2 and the adjustments frog makes couldn't be more opposite.

My first approach was very diplomatic and only asked that more thought go into these decisions and frog went off and attacked me personally with no basis (which I would assume is why it was deleted) and which is why we are here now. The comparison is not as far off either. Other thanthe damage, they both used poor judgement. And when two people like this start throwing shit, everyone gets shit on. Keep on keeping on gene
camping in humbolt 2013 - greco: "why is there so much water in my tent?" bernie: "sweat and tears greco, sweat and tears"
User avatar
3x state champ runner up
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:17 am
Location: Cedar Rapids

Re: Rakeboy(s) Reprised

Postby The Donator » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:56 pm

tufluk wrote:
3x state champ runner up wrote:Now, as I left off, if some idiot (frog) thinks it's cool to move baskets where ever he wants and another idiot (rake boy) reaps the benefits of those placements and now only wants the baskets to remain where they are, I don't really see the difference between them. In fact, I think these two have more in common than they think and should combine forces and really tear shit up at jones and ruin it for everyone.

I must also applaud you frog, your list of accomplishments you posted is very impressive and your right, I obviously only care about league. What's in for me? What's in it for you? Do we do it for the pay? The limelight? Or for other peoples enjoyment. I think your actions in disc golf are for your own self glorification. I should also thank you for the changes to shaver and jones you made before the a tier you hosted, seeing as though they' haven't been completed and both courses look like shit. Thanks frog, for everything. You've been more than generous to share your course maintenece with us.


I can only hope this comment was made in jest. If it was, it's not funny. If it's serious, it's totally uncalled for.

In my experience, the only reason more people aren't included in decisions regarding course work and or basket placement is there are only a few guys out there on the front lines doing the work. Who ya gonna ask, a tree???

As part of the Camden 2 crew, I have to say we almost never hear any negative comments. With the gas, tool wear, chainsaw sharpening and food and drink, several of us spend 50-100 bucks a month each for the privilege of working our butts off improving (I hope) the course.

To compare a guy who does ANY work on ANY course with some vandal is uncalled for. That's the kind of shit that causes people to quit.

Frog, I've only played Shaver and Legion in your area. I extend my personal thanks for any efforts you have made to improve things. My apologies for other's thoughtless comments. Keep on keepin on. Gene

No. Stick to your political bs thread.

I still want to know why the original thread was deleted. There are a handful of us that have done much worse in similiar threads...
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
User avatar
The Donator
 
Posts: 6303
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: West Des Moines, IA

Re: Rakeboy(s) Reprised

Postby Buzzz Killington » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:05 pm

I'm not terribly great at welding aluminum, but if it needs tacked and doesn't need to be pretty, I can do that. If it's not AL, and probably something like Galvite, then that's a lot easier, and smellier.
User avatar
Buzzz Killington
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: 30' out.

Re: Rakeboy(s) Reprised

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Buzzz Killington wrote:I'm not terribly great at welding aluminum, but if it needs tacked and doesn't need to be pretty, I can do that. If it's not AL, and probably something like Galvite, then that's a lot easier, and smellier.

I got the tab welded back on, just need a new pin placement. I have not heard back from DGA, if you can weld, Im pretty sure they are easy to make.
User avatar
frogawitdafizzle
 
Posts: 1493
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:53 pm
Location: the lily pad at the pond

Re: Rakeboy(s) Reprised

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:27 pm

its not aluminum
User avatar
frogawitdafizzle
 
Posts: 1493
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:53 pm
Location: the lily pad at the pond

Re: Rakeboy(s) Reprised

Postby Buzzz Killington » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:38 pm

Outside pole diameter? (Thats what she said! :P ) I might have something that would work and be rust free, and a tab would be super easy, but would need to make it exactly like whats on the pin. What kind of pin is it exactly? DGA...maybe I can look it up.
A bag of Quikrete and we'd be done. Speaking of, sounds like I need 1 for Peninsula too.
User avatar
Buzzz Killington
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: 30' out.

Re: Rakeboy(s) Reprised

Postby tufluk » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:42 pm

The sleeves are usually galvanized steel. Grind to bare metal, weld, spray w/ cold galvanizing, done.
User avatar
tufluk
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:08 am
Location: Moline,IL

Next

Return to Cedar Rapids - Jones Park

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests