Skol Vikings

Sports related topics.

Postby Single L » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:47 pm

AO wrote:Will they maintain or fail?! I can't believe the season they're having so far.

I'm not that surprised, the Vikes weren't that far off last year. They lost 9 games by less than 7 and 3 of those being a difference of a field goal.

They added a stud left tackle (while shedding Hutch's aging skills and moving Johnson to a better fit at guard), 2 solid rookies in the secondary, a guy that can stretch the field in Simpson, a stud rookie kicker, a confident QB with a complete off-season and no competition/controversy, and a healthy AP. Not to mention a new D-Coordinator that has this team playing smart and effective schemes.

My one major fear was Musgrave as the O-Coordinator, but he's surprised me. He's actually calling the games to the teams strengths and not trying stupid shit that won't work with the personal they have.

It’s not flashy football, but it’s getting the job done in a style that is not supposed to work in the so-called “passing league”. They’re playing “Black & Blue" football, like we used to see in the NFC north.

I see it continuing. Sure they’re going to pick up a loss here and there, but the schedule is looking less daunting as each week passes as the team keeps winning and the so-called front divisional front runners are struggling. Every game on the schedule now looks winnable; even the game at Houston. I see at least a 10 win season.

The big concern moving forward into the future is locking up Harvin long-term. He’s hands down the best all-around player in the NFL right now.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Single L » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:20 am

Some conceptual drawings from the chosen architect HKS (who designed Lucas Oil and Jerry World)

"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby AO » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:55 pm

Single L wrote:
AO wrote:Will they maintain or fail?! I can't believe the season they're having so far.

The big concern moving forward into the future is locking up Harvin long-term. He’s hands down the best all-around player in the NFL right now.

Word is Harvin has played his last game as a Viking. Several other guys mentioned Vick possibly going to the Vikings next year. I sure hope not.
AO

Postby MDR_3000 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:36 pm

AO wrote:
Single L wrote:

Word is Harvin has played his last game as a Viking. Several other guys mentioned Vick possibly going to the Vikings next year. I sure hope not.

they don't need Vick..they have Joe Webb
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby AO » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:23 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:
AO wrote:
Single L wrote:

they don't need Vick..they have Joe Webb

I'm sure Joe Webb can read a defense better than Vick. I hope he goes to the Jets.
AO

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:51 am

Single L wrote:

I'm not that surprised, the Vikes weren't that far off last year. They lost 9 games by less than 7 and 3 of those being a difference of a field goal.

Every game on the schedule now looks winnable; even the game at Houston. I see at least a 10 win season.

Nice call Corey, you were right and I was wrong...I have no problem with that either. It sure would have been icing on the cake if AD got the record.
Tough road ahead but they have been winning games they were supposed to lose lately. Maybe the Bears fans can root for the Vikings this week..... :lol:
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby AO » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:19 pm

AO

Postby MDR_3000 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:32 pm

I heard it was "only" 4.3
MDR_3000

Postby medicinal funk » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:23 pm

Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

New Stadium!!!

Postby Single L » Mon May 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Flipping Sweet!!! ...... SKOL!!!

New Stadium Fly Through

Single L

Re: Skol Vikings

Postby Abe Froman » Tue May 14, 2013 10:48 pm

that L.A. skyline doesn't look right....
Abe Froman

Postby AO » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:19 am

UGH
AO

Postby Single L » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:56 am

I was there ... It was a sad sight ... That is all
Single L

Postby AO » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:40 pm

What will AP run for this week? Awful circumstances n all...
AO

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:57 pm

MDR_3000

PreviousNext

Return to Sports