inside the circle ?

General topics - anything goes within reason, keep it civil.

inside the circle ?

Postby blkwizardsonny » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:16 pm

i just watched a disc golf video and they had a small string around the pole of each basket im assuming to measure 33.3 or whatever it is for the circle . also could measure out ctps . great idea there would never be a question of in or out
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Re: inside the circle ?

Postby Discgo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:31 pm

Making your own would be simple and could even be kept inside a stashing mini for non smokers. Tie a bead at 33 and a carabiner on the opposite end for attaching to the pole.
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby blkwizardsonny » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:44 pm

this is all good to have your own ,but if it was on every hole there would be no debate im not gonna be the guy that says oh wait i got a string ,but if its laying there it will be used when asked just my opinion
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby MDR_3000 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:52 am

doesn't duden always have a string hanging out of his cooter?
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:14 am

MDR_3000 wrote:doesn't duden always have a string hanging out of his cooter?

only on fridays :lol:
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Discgo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:29 am

blkwizardsonny wrote:this is all good to have your own ,but if it was on every hole there would be no debate im not gonna be the guy that says oh wait i got a string ,but if its laying there it will be used when asked just my opinion

I might have to start doing this in the future. I normally give them the benefit of the doubt if they want to change their putting style and add more movements into it but this would allow them to change and give them a big ol wtf right before they putt. Hold on, lemme get me rope... :shock:
Discgo

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:18 am

Discgo wrote:
blkwizardsonny wrote:this is all good to have your own ,but if it was on every hole there would be no debate im not gonna be the guy that says oh wait i got a string ,but if its laying there it will be used when asked just my opinion

I might have to start doing this in the future. I normally give them the benefit of the doubt if they want to change their putting style and add more movements into it but this would allow them to change and give them a big ol wtf right before they putt.Hold on, lemme get me rope... :shock:

so you're admitting that you're actively looking for ways to get in people's heads before they putt? Weak sauce. At least you admit it though I guess. :roll:
GDL17921

Postby irban » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:34 am

We briefly considered spraying circles around all of the baskets during worlds (12 * 18 !!). The string idea is interesting, but I could see it getting all balled up or tangled pretty quickly.

If I thought it was really that big a deal, I'd invent one with a retractable cable, like those key fobs. Some kind of ring shape to circle the pole and turn freely to whatever direction you wanted. Likely would want to only put them out during tournaments, since it would get gummed up pretty fast I expect.

But a fancy, expensive solution to a middling to non-existent problem equals not enough sales.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:41 am

GDL17921 wrote:
Discgo wrote:

I might have to start doing this in the future. I normally give them the benefit of the doubt if they want to change their putting style and add more movements into it but this would allow them to change and give them a big ol wtf right before they putt.Hold on, lemme get me rope... :shock:

so you're admitting that you're actively looking for ways to get in people's heads before they putt? Weak sauce. At least you admit it though I guess. :roll:
Yeah you have no right to stop someone before they may or may not be jump putting. If they do it, then call it on them...
SARG27044

Postby Discgo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:49 am

GDL17921 wrote:
Discgo wrote:

Actually, I am just talking shit on the internet and have never really considered doing it. Are you actively looking for ways to cut fellow club members down? Don't be afraid to admit it...
Discgo

Postby Discgo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:55 am

SARG27044 wrote:Yeah you have no right to stop someone before they may or may not be jump putting. If they do it, then call it on them...

If they ask if they are outside the circle than you would only be answering their question in the most accurate way.
Discgo

Postby KePP » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:04 am

You could leave the string/rope out if you enjoy untying vandalized knots in chains.

I like when the circles are spray painted. But who wants to be the lucky sucker to do that on multiple courses (probably the same persons that do all the other thankless work) when the group can just ask if they can jump putt the few times, if any, that it comes up in a round.
KePP

Postby KePP » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:06 am

I don't know about you but I just park it every time 8)
KePP

Postby Discgo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:07 am

KePP wrote:I don't know about you but I just park it every time 8)

Not me, I throw it past the basket.
Discgo

Postby The Donator » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:21 am

Who jump putts right at 10m except for Feldberg? :?
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Next

Return to Stuff