Golf.....

Sports related topics.

Re: Golf.....

Postby The Donator » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Anyways...............................................................................................................Glad to see Phil win, didnt think he had it in him to win an Open Championship. Gratz Phil!
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby AO » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:30 pm

The Donator wrote:Anyways...............................................................................................................Glad to see Phil win, didnt think he had it in him to win an Open Championship. Gratz Phil!

No Shit! "This explains a lot" thread garbage.
AO

Postby The Donator » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:33 pm

AO wrote:
The Donator wrote:Anyways...............................................................................................................Glad to see Phil win, didnt think he had it in him to win an Open Championship. Gratz Phil!

No Shit! "This explains a lot" thread garbage.

Got goosebumps when I saw Bones crying and the gf teared up. When Tiger would win with Stevie on the bag, you would only see Stevie's toothy grin knowing he is getting 10% of the winnings. When Phil wins, every single time, Bones' reactions are so genuine its hard to not to tear up a little. Absolutely love Phil, and he is obv loved overseas as well. What an amazing last round and tournament for Phil.
Last edited by The Donator on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Donator

Postby Like_Water » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:09 am

So they took not just from the purse , but every penny he earned for two weeks. I always wondered what KPMG was. Now I see why he needs that sponsorship. I'm sure he'll be happy to get back to our capitalist economy quick. :lol:
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby 10up » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:21 pm

It's the anglo thing to do. The US taxes foreign athletes on their sponsorship earnings too.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Captain » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:47 am

Like_Water wrote: I'm sure he'll be happy to get back to our capitalist economy quick. :lol:

Our tax policies are just as tough at in the UK. For the two wins and sponsorship bonuses Phil will only get about 30%. Still not bad for 8 days of work.
Captain

Postby The Donator » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:22 am

You guys know the absolute last thing on his mind is the money from winning tournaments, right?
The Donator

Postby Like_Water » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:04 am

The Donator wrote:You guys know the absolute last thing on his mind is the money from winning tournaments, right?

right....... :roll:

I understand, but when he wakes up monday and he he's forking over MOST of this money he's not going to be smiling. Or happy about it. NO ONE should lose more than half of what they EARN.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby irban » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:50 am

Probably time for all the rich guys to just go galt, I guess.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby tufluk » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:43 am

Call me crazy, but when I see an athlete in ANY sport give a spectacular performance, I'm amazed by their skill. The LAST thing on my mind is "how much is the government taking from them, and how much more should the government take?" A person who could watch the final round of The Open and ponder that is just petty and covetous.
tufluk

Postby irban » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:05 am

I root against the assholes, regardless why they're assholes or how good they are.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby The Donator » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:34 am

Like_Water wrote:
The Donator wrote:You guys know the absolute last thing on his mind is the money from winning tournaments, right?

right....... :roll:

I understand, but when he wakes up monday and he he's forking over MOST of this money he's not going to be smiling. Or happy about it. NO ONE should lose more than half of what they EARN.

Philly is #7 on on top earning athletes with his sponsors. Money isnt even in the back of his mind when winning tourneys. He wants and earns the trophies. Over the course of the year, yes he has stated that it is disturbing how much is getting taken from him. Really doesnt affect him unless he is trying to buy property, or for the fact in itself that hes getting fcked.

Golf is the complete opposite of disc golf, where the trophy is the only thing on the mind of top golfers and money is the only thing on the mind of disc golfers.
The Donator

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:42 am

The Donator wrote:

Golf is the complete opposite of disc golf, where the trophy is the only thing on the mind of top golfers and money is the only thing on the mind of disc golfers.
I'm all-fvckin-in.
SARG27044

Postby The Donator » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:48 am

SARG27044 wrote:
The Donator wrote:

I'm all-fvckin-in.

Insta-call.
The Donator

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:49 am

You just lost your stack, wanna re-buy?
SARG27044

PreviousNext

Return to Sports