Cedar Creek Open, PDGA A-tier, July 27-28

Tournaments in the rest of the non Iowa world

Cedar Creek Open, PDGA A-tier, July 27-28

Postby cedarcreekdiscgolf » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:23 pm

Online registration for the Cedar Creek Open is now available! Sign up http://www.cedarcreekdiscgolf.com/CCOreg.html

This will already be the 7th Annual Cedar Creek Open!! The last few years of the CCO have been amazing! The players, volunteers, and sponsors have come together to make one of the best events in the midwest. Fun courses, great amenities, and HUGE payouts for both pro and ams have really set the CCO apart. Outdoing the last few years is going to be a huge task, but we are up for the challenge!

This year, the Cedar Creek Open has again joined the PDGA's SuperTour as an A-tier event. The tournament will once again be a two-day event, and will also be a part of the MFA's fantastic Minnesota Summer Tour. We are thankful that the CCO continues to grow and become one of Minnesota's signature events. Read on for more specific information regarding the event.

We already have lots of added cash and prizes. Last year's Open Champion Cale Leiviska took home $1500, and second place would have taken home $1000 if there wouldn’t have been a tie! If the field size continues to grow, we hope to repeat that again this year. Amateur payouts will remain huge. Last year’s Advanced Champion took home discs and prizes valued at over $600. All Ams will also receive a nice player's pack. Check out past payout at www.cedarcreekdiscgolf.com

Current players pack (with more being added): One CCO Tshirt, one CCO tournament stamped disc (many to choose from, both Innova and Discraft), one J&J mini, stickers, free entry into the ace pool, free entry into three skills competitions, free opportunities to win one of 72 CTP and card winner prizes, and free water and gatorade on the courses during all rounds.

The tentative format will be four rounds of 18-holes. Two rounds each day - one on each of our two courses. Pin placements on both courses will change between the two Saturday and Sunday. About 20 holes will change in total. It will be like playing 4 different courses. We have learned a few lessons over the last few years, and will be implementing a few schedule changes to make sure we finish up as early on Sunday as possible.

There will also be plenty of side action throughout the event. During Friday's check-in time there well be a flex-start doubles event and three skills competitions (accuracy, putting, and mini-putting). Those who cannot make it on Friday will still have a brief window to make their way into the finals. There are even opportunities during the rounds to get win some extra prizes. There will be CTPs on every hole for AMs and we hope to continue our Double-Up challenge as well.

Tentative Schedule of Events (Subject to Change):

Friday
• Player Check-In & Registration - 3:00pm-9:00pm
• Skills Competitions – Preliminaries – 3:00pm-9:00pm
• Flex-Start Doubles – 3:00pm-7:00pm

Saturday
• Player Check-In & Registration - 7:00am-9:00am
• Player Meeting - 9:30am
• First Round - 10:00am
• Second Round - 2:00pm
• Skills Competitions – Prelims – End of 2nd round until 7:00pm
• Skills Competitions – Final – 7:30pm
• Player's Party – After skills competitions

Sunday
• Player Meeting - 8:00am
• First Round - 8:30am
• Second Round - 1:00pm
• Awards - 5:00pm

Entry Fees:

• Open - $100
• Open Master - $100
• Open Women - $90
• Advanced - $70
• Advanced Master - $70
• Advanced Women - $70
• Intermediate - $55
• Intermediate Women - $55
• Recreational - $50
• Junior - $50

Pre-registration: We are doing online registration ourselves again this year, which means smaller service charges than other options (paypal still charges a little). However, there will be an additional fee of $10 for day-of registration, so please register online. Its cheaper!! Those who don't register online can show up during the registration time above the first day of the tournament. First come, first serve. PDGA requires that all participants of A-tier events be PDGA members, so go sign up on their site before registering!
cedarcreekdiscgolf

Postby peyton » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:43 pm

What about pro grand masters? Over half the masters field last year was over 50.
peyton

Postby cedarcreekdiscgolf » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:26 pm

All fields are available if there is interest!! No one has ever asked about a grandmaster division, so I only listed divisions we've had in the past. But hell yeah, if there are a group of grandmasters, lets do it! I would love to have a grandmaster division.

In the past though, most of the masters division have either been on the fence about playing open, or on the fence about playing advanced master.

You know of any master or grandmaster players that will come up this year that HAVEN'T come up in the past?
cedarcreekdiscgolf

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:33 pm

cedarcreekdiscgolf wrote:You know of any master or grandmaster players that will come up this year that HAVEN'T come up in the past?

yup, this guy
GDL17921

Postby cedarcreekdiscgolf » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:39 pm

The Cedar Creek Open is less than 6 months away. Online registration has been up and running for a couple weeks, but I decided we should really kick things off right. The first 20 people to register online for the CCO will have a chance to win their choice of a disc from a varied selection of nice discs. Take a look at http://www.flickr.com/photos/64420042@N ... otostream/, and let me know if you have any questions. I will use a random number generator to determine the winner out of the first 20, contact that person to get their disc choice, and then mail it to them free of charge.

If you are planning on playing anyway, you might as well register early and get a chance at a free disc. So register here: http://www.cedarcreekdiscgolf.com/CCOreg.html
cedarcreekdiscgolf

Postby cedarcreekdiscgolf » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:02 am

Halfway there! Only 10 more people until the early bird drawing!!

First 20 people to register for the CCO will be entered into a drawing to take their pick of one of the discs here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/64420042@N06/8457331036/

Check out current registration here: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/99885

Register here:
http://www.cedarcreekdiscgolf.com/CCOreg.html
cedarcreekdiscgolf

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:49 am

Can't wait. Ill be registering in a few weeks. If you haven't been here before, you need to go!
Sucks it's 2 weeks earlier though, but this is a can't miss.
Hopefully MDR doesn't get mad and throw one of my Bombers on the concrete again :roll: :lol:
SARG27044

Postby cedarcreekdiscgolf » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Yeah, I wish I didn't have to move it up either. But this year it overlapped with Pro Worlds so it was suggested/requested that I move it. Now it kind of "on the way" to Pro Worlds being the week before and relatively close. Maybe we'll get a few more big names rolling through to really heat up competition.

Only 6 more spots left for the early bird registration drawing!
cedarcreekdiscgolf

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:58 pm

SARG27044 wrote:Can't wait. Ill be registering in a few weeks. If you haven't been here before, you need to go!
Sucks it's 2 weeks earlier though, but this is a can't miss.
Hopefully MDR doesn't get mad and throw one of my Bombers on the concrete again :roll: :lol:

hahaha!! take it in the face!!!
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby Skell » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:34 am

Nice! I'm the first Iowan registered!
Skell

Re: Cedar Creek Open, PDGA A-tier, July 27-28

Postby cedarcreekdiscgolf » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:45 pm

It’s time for another drawing!!! This year’s tournament stamped discs (from Innova) have arrived!! If you’ve ever been to the Cedar Creek Open before, you know we love giving stuff away. If this will be your first year, then you’ll find out! This year I felt like giving stuff away before the tournament even starts…

Next 20 people (from person 21 to 40) to register for the CCO will be entered into a drawing for one of these discs (or any of the random discs left from the last drawing). If the winner wants a CCO disc I will send more information about colors and weights available.

And just for fun, when we hit the next mark, I’ll do another drawing with everyone that has registered so far!

Register for the CCO here: http://www.cedarcreekdiscgolf.com/CCOreg.html

Check out the discs here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/64420042@N06/

Check out current registration here: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/99885
cedarcreekdiscgolf

Postby cedarcreekdiscgolf » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:57 pm

Its just a little over a month until the CEDAR CREEK OPEN. This will already be the event's 7th year, and I have more money, more prizes, bigger player packs, and more fun stuff than ever before. But, preregistration is filling up faster than ever before too. Based on what I've seen so far, it's looking like the event is going to fill up this year. Don't miss out. Register soon! http://www.cedarcreekdiscgolf.com/moreinfo2.html
cedarcreekdiscgolf

Postby Detra319 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:17 pm

Couple of us going to reg this weekend once we iron out the plans. Heard tons of good things about this one and its the day after my birthday...good present!
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby AO » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:36 pm

I'll be signing up soon. Just lot's going on right now.
AO

Postby cedarcreekdiscgolf » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:55 pm

Three weeks away from the Cedar Creek Open. Only 35 total spots left. More specifically, 9 spots in Pool A (Open and Advanced) and 26 spots in Pool B (Open Women, Master, Adv Master, Intermediate, Adv Women, Int Women, and Rec). Also less than 10 of each shirt size left. Just sayin'.

Register at http://www.cedarcreekdiscgolf.com/CCOreg.html
cedarcreekdiscgolf

Next

Return to National Tournaments