Kings Material Inc Open, Cedar Rapids, IA-June 29-30th

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Re: Kings Material Inc Open, Cedar Rapids, IA-June 29-30th

Postby Clue » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:23 pm

Usually I can at least theorize why, but that's a 2 stroke gap. I can't make sense of it. I even looked at the disparity between scores and ratings for Int and Adv and I don't see crazy variances. There were a few rounds 40+ pts above and below their respective ratings, but it seemed to mostly average out and there weren't any crazy outliers.
Clue

Postby claring » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:46 am

what about when you entered the layout online did you make sure to use a different one for each course since the adv played same course but at a different time so would have to be entered as a different online too. (does that make any sense)
claring

Postby schlabach » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:13 pm

Wish the PDGA would just post whatever their magic formula is for for calculating round ratings. I don't get why it is a secret.
schlabach

Postby medicinal funk » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:28 pm

schlabach wrote:Wish the PDGA would just post whatever their magic formula is for for calculating round ratings. I don't get why it is a secret.

^^^^
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby IHearChains » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:28 pm

medicinal funk wrote:
schlabach wrote:Wish the PDGA would just post whatever their magic formula is for for calculating round ratings. I don't get why it is a secret.

^^^^

It's human behavior and that almost always boils down to money or sex.
Someone's afraid others will tap into "their share" if the magic formula gets out.
IHearChains

Postby Like_Water » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:30 pm

Someone has came up with a similar formula on dgcr they are using. Not 100% sure.

I have an excel doc on my old computer with a ratings generator too.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby AO » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:33 am

Receipts for the receipt raffle were totaled at $4,800 and we spent $750ish at Dublin. Thanks again to all who got involved with everything.
AO

Postby Sprague » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Booo! J/K (see booing at raffles fb thread) :)

Great job guys! Genius to run with such a great idea! excellent way to demonstrate how much revenu a disc golf event can generate.
Sprague

Postby Carter45145 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:28 am

So the official ratings for this are up and after rereading through the previous posts I kind of get a chuckle looking at how different the unofficial round ratings are compared to the official ratings.

If you have two pools who play the same layout but at different times under different conditions how do you possibly compare the rounds? I could really give two chucks less about losing the ratings points, my rating would be shit either way. But I really hope this averaging BS was not done because a few of the pros bitched about it. I'm all for trying to get more dollars in the pro purse but "fluffing" ratings is a joke.

Don't worry though, the St. Louis Open made the same mistake but it was even worse because the conditions were drastically different between rounds there. And their payout sucked major D compared to Kings Material Open. I'll always support Titan and love going into the shop but this seems strange. Please correct me if I'm off base. :|
Can't criticize our smile...
Carter45145

Postby Captain » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:27 am

Carter45145 wrote:Please correct me if I'm off base. :|

Each pool was assigned it's own course layout on the TD report (meaning the ADV pool was separate from the PRO/INT pool). They have no bearing on each other.
Captain

Previous

Return to Iowa Tournaments