Devils Glen

Davenport, Bettendorf, Moline, Rock Island and surrounding area leagues

Moderator: Sniper26

Devils Glen

Postby RedEye19357 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:28 pm

So has there been any news about the nimrods that stole a basket from here? :?:
RedEye19357

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:29 am

No news, that I know of anyway, on the nimrods. However, the practice basket was moved to replace the stolen one and a new basket is on order.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby karma27895 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:32 pm

i think that k ram might of heard somthing about what happened\
karma27895

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:39 pm

that would be great if he could share it with the rest of us

Postby karma27895 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:57 pm

my bad it was about hole sixes basket at camden
www.ironliondgs.com
burns lawncare and snow removal
mcmanus pub n grub
karma27895

Postby RedEye19357 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:47 pm

The other q.c. home page says that there is a league on Saturdays at 10 here. I just hope it does not take away from Geneseo, if this is true.
RedEye19357

Postby flyinplastic23 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:51 pm

it might, but it isnt sponsored by us... cant do anything about it.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby RedEye19357 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:04 pm

Is that through Clark's new club? "Club backstabers" or somehting to that nature.
RedEye19357

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:28 pm

Actually, it might be Naab, Murph, and that crew. They've had their informal "league" over at DG on Saturday mornings since like 2001.

What do you mean by "sponsored by us" Kelly? Is the club adding cash to certain leagues or something? Or are you guys getting paid protection fees, so nobody starts a league without talkin to "the commitee"? What's the deal?

I've said it once, I'll say it again, you guys use the word "league" WAY too loosley. Guys getting together to play for $5 ain't league. It's a mini. A league is usually something that runs for a specified period of time, does not pay weekly, other than maybe CTP's or ace funds, and normally has a cumulative scoring system. Usually "leagues" benefit a club, or a new course, something. These are the events that your "league committee" should be worried about. Not every Tom, Dick, and Harry, nickel-n-dime random doubles cash game. Stop worrying about all those----think outside the box, just because some dipshit calls a mini a league, doesn't make it league committee business.
Last edited by GDL17921 on Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GDL17921

Postby RedEye19357 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:33 pm

I was just wondering about the Geneseo league really, having less because of this at the same time. I do not care whatthey call it really, I think it is the Nabb crew which is cool. They just called it a league on the other web site, that is why I asked. But you are right Jay it is getting a little ridiculous, all the committies and such.
RedEye19357

Postby flyinplastic23 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:40 pm

GDL17921 wrote:Actually, it might be Naab, Murph, and that crew. They've had their informal "league" over at DG on Saturday mornings since like 2001.

What do you mean by "sponsored by us" Kelly? Is the club adding cash to certain leagues or something? Or are you guys getting paid protection fees, so nobody starts a league without talkin to "the commitee"? What's the deal?

I've said it once, I'll say it again, you guys use the word "league" WAY too loosley. Guys getting together to play for $5 ain't league. It's a mini. A league is usually something that runs for a specified period of time, does not pay weekly, other than maybe CTP's or ace funds, and normally has a cumulative scoring system. Usually "leagues" benefit a club, or a new course, something. These are the events that your "league committee" should be worried about. Not every Tom, Dick, and Harry, nickel-n-dime random doubles cash game. Stop worrying about all those----think outside the box, just because some dipshit calls it a mini a league, doesn't make it league committee business.

whoa buddy...
all i meant was it (devils glen, mini, league, whatever) isnt anything that the has been ever brought up by the club, therefore i dont know anything about it. I am not worried about it, not saying it doesnt exsist or cant exsist, i was just trying to help answer jons question about it interfeering with geneseo. and the "sponsored by us" part, i think the plan is that there might be a quote unquote club sponsored league. I am not on the committee, I dont know their plans specifically.

why are you all touchy about this stuff lately? the point of having the committe wasnt to claim stake as to what is or isnt the club, but to promote leagues. having them set up where people can attend and get good attendence, not to tell who can and who cant have a league and a mini. Stop making us out to be nazis or something.

I apologize if i didnt use the correct vocabulary when trying to say i dont know anything about devils glen, i didnt know there was a PC language for disc golf, just trying to help jay.

flyinplastic23

Postby RedEye19357 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:42 pm

Sorry I was not trying to stir up anything.
RedEye19357

Postby flyinplastic23 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:43 pm

i am not stirred, just wondering why he is

p.s. this is getting wayyy to Bureaucratic for me... should a disc golf club have to have definition of what a league is...?

cant wait until my term is up.

flyinplastic23

Postby Orange Guy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:34 pm

Thoughts from the new guy: The club should sponsor leageus and make them the best they can so people come to realize that club sponsored events are the best disc golf events taking place. At the same time, the club needs to realize that it is not the be all, end all for disc golf in the area. The club can't govern everything in QC disc golf and it shouldn't. However, if the club's events are amazing, word will spread and the reputation will cause more of the area's events to seek club sponsorship.
Orange Guy

Postby flyinplastic23 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:59 pm

for Chuck sake people, when did the club ever say that it was the be all end all... jesus Chucking christ.!

flyinplastic23

Next

Return to Quad City