Big Woods

Moderators: THRO2NV, RickyBenny

Big Woods

Postby TheSwan88 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Any word on some work days?
TheSwan88

Re: Big Woods

Postby RickyBenny » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:28 pm

WORK DAY! Big woods park Wednesday June 5th. Show up between five and six. Bring gloves rakes and shovels. Mostly going to be picking up sticks and cleaning fairways. Be there or be square
RickyBenny

Postby bugeater » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:22 pm

Having this land for a course is a great benefit for the people of the Cedar Valley. I for one will not be able to make it tomorrow on such short notice. That being said I would love to help contribute to this course and BHMDGL as a whole. I am sure I am not the only person that will not be able to attend tomorrow. To accomplish the end goal of having such a premier disc golf course in Cedar Falls will require more than a last second workday. This is not intended to offend all those league members (and non league members) that have dedicated so much time and effort into making local disc golf a great experience. Anytime people contribute to the cause it is a step in the right direction. Personally, I believe by setting work dates well in advance it would help increase the amount of participation. The work required for this area is immense and is a daunting task even if we have 100% participation for league members. I believe by setting dates in advance we can inform community members and other discers in the community of our plans that way those who want to help out can. I am certain there are people who would love to help contribute to the cause that are not members of our league. Other crews from around the state set up 1 or 2 workdays each week that way people can make sure they plan in advance to be there and help out. Besides scheduling workdays I think it would be beneficial to post a map and possibly try to put up more/better markers on the course. I have walked the course once prior and when I walked it today it was much harder to navigate because of the tall grass rising well above the flags. If we are able to mark the course so others can navigate or have an idea of the layout, individuals or groups that want contribute can do so effectively. Just my 2 cents.

-Aidan Brock
bugeater

Postby njrules » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:15 pm

Just curious if anyone had any updates on Big Woods? Might have missed it else where but curious if this was still happening or installed.
njrules

Postby KePP » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:53 am

bugeater I agree that more heads up results in better turnout, although easier said than done with free/volunteer time. Also agree that a work night is predictable and can work into weekly social routine for a dedicated core. Unfortunately most courses don't have a primary crew like Camden II and Wildcat (which are on their own level). New courses grow faster than new volunteers.
KePP

Postby njrules » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:36 pm

KePP, that post was over a year old :roll:

I know there was talk of a couple new courses in the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area, so just curious if any new courses were now in the ground thanks.
njrules

Postby hyzerman16234 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:24 am

I talked to Lee a couple weeks ago and there are plans for Big Woods but things are moving slow.

njrules wrote:KePP, that post was over a year old :roll:

I know there was talk of a couple new courses in the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area, so just curious if any new courses were now in the ground thanks.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234

Return to Black Hawk Metro Disc Golf League