2013 Des Moines Challenge presented by G&L Clothing

All Tournaments held in the state of Iowa or by Iowa affilitated clubs.

Re: 2013 Des Moines Challenge presented by G&L Clothing

Postby Beerman » Sun May 19, 2013 10:57 pm

Drewtorious13 wrote:thank you sonny. I guess ill miss out on this one but im getting my membership soon so I don't have this problem again. good luck to all you and have some fun

You can sign up for pdga membership at check in
Beerman

Postby ghstinshll » Mon May 20, 2013 8:54 am

shak wrote:Are there going to be any pro clinics on the Friday of check-in?

Shak, the pro clinic will be Tuesday (tomorrow) at 415. I believe that is at walnut.
Last edited by ghstinshll on Mon May 20, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Eminem4president » Mon May 20, 2013 9:00 am

CANT WAIT FOR SOME DSM!!!!!!!!!

Heidi and I are coming, anybody got a cheap room with a comfy bed for us??

Thanks, and sh!t

TanK
I don't "Owe You" like 2 vowels...

A million here, a million there...
Eminem4president

Postby GDL17921 » Mon May 20, 2013 10:09 am

ghstinshll wrote:

Shak, the pro clinic will be Tuesday (tomorrow) at 430. I believe that is at walnut.

The clinic starts at 4:15 Tuesday, followed by doubles ran by Jay and Des in conjunction with The Des Moines Disc Golf Club.

No clinics Friday, but we have a doubles event Doubles at the Lake ran by ProFlight Discs. This is out at Walnut Ridge, where you must sign in and grab your player package.
GDL17921

Postby shak » Mon May 20, 2013 10:21 am

GDL17921 wrote:
ghstinshll wrote:

Shak, the pro clinic will be Tuesday (tomorrow) at 430. I believe that is at walnut.

The clinic starts at 4:15 Tuesday, followed by doubles ran by Jay and Des in conjunction with The Des Moines Disc Golf Club.

No clinics Friday, but we have a doubles event Doubles at the Lake ran by ProFlight Discs. This is out at Walnut Ridge, where you must sign in and grab your player package.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure about driving all the way to Polk City/Johnston 4 times (Tues clinic, Fri check-in, Sat and Sun tourney) from Newton but I might try to make it since I would really like to get some insight into my lack of distance. Would I need to bring money for the clinic?
shak

Postby Discgo » Mon May 20, 2013 1:35 pm

shak wrote:
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure about driving all the way to Polk City/Johnston 4 times (Tues clinic, Fri check-in, Sat and Sun tourney) from Newton but I might try to make it since I would really like to get some insight into my lack of distance. Would I need to bring money for the clinic?

$5 and includes league with payout from Jay and Des' stash.
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby DLCdisc » Mon May 20, 2013 9:17 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure about driving all the way to Polk City/Johnston 4 times (Tues clinic, Fri check-in, Sat and Sun tourney) from Newton but I might try to make it since I would really like to get some insight into my lack of distance. Would I need to bring money for the clinic?[/quote]

Just load up some plastic and start out early throwing your way from Newton to Walnut and after that many throws you are bound to pick up a little strength and distance. :lol: Just playin man. Jay and Des put on great clinics and its worth seeing. Check it out if you have the means.
DLCdisc

Postby shak » Mon May 20, 2013 9:42 pm

DLCdisc wrote:Just load up some plastic and start out early throwing your way from Newton to Walnut and after that many throws you are bound to pick up a little strength and distance. :lol: Just playin man. Jay and Des put on great clinics and its worth seeing. Check it out if you have the means.

Hahahaha! I wonder what the par would be for throwing from Newton to Walnut Ridge. I've already committed myself to taking my two young boys to Adventureland tomorrow so my stay-at-home wife can get some free time since I'll be gone all weekend. I'd really like to make one of these pro clinics sometime though. I've never met them but from what I've read Jay and Des Reading sound awesome. Maybe I'll cut our day at A-Land off early and head over.
shak

Postby DLCdisc » Mon May 20, 2013 9:51 pm

That's a smooth move with the wife. Been there and done that. If I took my kids to Adventureland to give the wife some peace, I would definitely be done in time for the clinic cuz that would be the only way they would survive. Thank God for disc golf!! Great kids, but they can make me feel like just took a 10 on the freak sometimes. Good luck with that.
DLCdisc

Postby Eminem4president » Mon May 20, 2013 9:52 pm

good talk Russ....
I don't "Owe You" like 2 vowels...

A million here, a million there...
Eminem4president

Postby wwicklund » Tue May 21, 2013 5:51 pm

I am playing Adv this weekend but have never played any of these courses. I can't make into town until Friday midday. I should be able to play 2 courses on Friday, maybe 3 if I push it. What 2 should I play and third if I have time? Looks like drive times might not allow for 3 courses if I get in around 1:00 What courses are easier to walk into blind the day of the tourney?
wwicklund

Postby Grimm » Tue May 21, 2013 6:07 pm

wwicklund wrote:I am playing Adv this weekend but have never played any of these courses. I can't make into town until Friday midday. I should be able to play 2 courses on Friday, maybe 3 if I push it. What 2 should I play and third if I have time? Looks like drive times might not allow for 3 courses if I get in around 1:00 What courses are easier to walk into blind the day of the tourney?

Big Creek and Walnut since sign up is at Walnut and Pickard is quite a ways away. Save Grandview for last if you have time for it; it's the most straight forward course that isn't terribly difficult to play blind.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby The Donator » Tue May 21, 2013 6:58 pm

wwicklund wrote:I am playing Adv this weekend but have never played any of these courses. I can't make into town until Friday midday. I should be able to play 2 courses on Friday, maybe 3 if I push it. What 2 should I play and third if I have time? Looks like drive times might not allow for 3 courses if I get in around 1:00 What courses are easier to walk into blind the day of the tourney?

You'll only have time for 2 courses. BC and Walnut are right next to each other almost, the other two are way out of the way. Play BC first then sign up at Walnut and play the dubs or vice versa if you dont have a partner. Unfortunately Pickard is really the course you need to play as the other 3 are pretty easy to walk blind. Good luck!
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby conroy_01 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Is there a schedule up yet?
conroy_01

Postby Grimm » Tue May 21, 2013 8:06 pm

50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa Tournaments