Course Conditions

Re: Course Conditions

Postby AO » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Looking good fellas. Can see more cutting and more burn piles. Also noticed you guys seeded a lot of the paths.
AO

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:33 am

Thanks AO. We've all been doing a lot of cleanup, burning and seeding on the back this year. Steve has been on vacation the last couple weeks and has been his normal animal self getting a good start on the front. Our goal is to get the place as parklike around each hole as possible without loosing the forest or timber feel. Sometimes there is a delicate balance to that. There's a lot more cleanup to do and in the end I think the product will be worth it. It amazes me to look back at photos from 5 years and longer ago to see how tight all the fairways used to be. If anyone ever complains about there not being "fairways", they need to take a look at the photos on the facebook page.

2013 work will consist of more cleanup, maintenance and possibly more retaining wall work. We're looking at possible longer/shorter tee pads on the back and a few more possible pin placements. We've even tossed around putting in concrete pads! That would take more cash flow but you never know. Maybe we could set up an adopt a pad program? Anything is possible. Updates can be found on the facebook page too.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby blkwizardsonny » Wed May 01, 2013 1:11 pm

i will adopt two teepads for sure if you go that route long as i can put a fresh ball print in it sssss really tho thats a good idea im in for two
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:14 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:i will adopt two teepads for sure if you go that route long as i can put a fresh ball print in it sssss really tho thats a good idea im in for two

Thanks Duden, 2 down, 24 or so to go! :D Seriously, we'll have to see where this goes......
Budhyzer 17696

Postby AO » Wed May 01, 2013 11:04 pm

I would adopt a tee pad as well.
AO

Postby GDL17921 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:06 am

AO wrote:I would adopt a tee pad as well.

yup me too
GDL17921

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Thu May 02, 2013 9:18 am

Wow guys, that's awesome. Let me do some number crunching, I've figured square footage already but need to get the concrete cost put into the equation. I also need to look into what a concrete buggy would cost to rent and if it even would go where we need it to go.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby SARG27044 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:45 am

GDL17921 wrote:
AO wrote:I would adopt a tee pad as well.

yup me too
Yup
SARG27044

Postby Burr oak savanna » Thu May 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Burr Oak Savanna will go with one also. Like everything else it won't be cheap.
We were lucky truck drove to all but one.
Good luck
Burr oak savanna

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:37 pm

Burr oak savanna wrote:Burr Oak Savanna will go with one also. Like everything else it won't be cheap.
We were lucky truck drove to all but one.
Good luck

Yeah, we've found over the years there is a lot less money in our pockets but it never was an issue for us. We've just had fun building the course for everyone to enjoy as much as we do. The initial reason we went with the blocks was because of the difficulty in getting concrete to the pad areas and also we weren't too sure if we wanted to move some or keep them permanent. The response so far has been great guys! Let me do some homework and I'll start a new thread once I have more info. Thanks again for your support!
Budhyzer 17696

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu May 02, 2013 1:16 pm

im sure alot of us feel the same way . your guys efforts dont go unoticed this would be a way for some of us to help you guys out for a change .cant wait to make it back
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Grimm » Thu May 02, 2013 7:38 pm

I'm in for a pad!
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Captain » Fri May 03, 2013 7:48 am

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:Wow guys, that's awesome. Let me do some number crunching, I've figured square footage already but need to get the concrete cost put into the equation. I also need to look into what a concrete buggy would cost to rent and if it even would go where we need it to go.

A couple of things I know from my experience:

A 12' x 5' x 4" tee pad will use 1 yard of concrete. Depending on how much you order and how long it takes to get it out of the truck, this should cost about $100/yard. A concrete buggy will have trouble with your hills. You could use ATV's and 5 gal buckets? I got both to donate for a work day. You will need multiple crews with someone on hand at with each crew who knows concrete finishing.

Dustin Nohr suggested donating money for concrete pads at Wildcat (not to put words in his mouth or obligate him; we just talked about this on Monday).
Captain

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:29 am

Captain wrote:
Budhyzer 17696 wrote:Wow guys, that's awesome. Let me do some number crunching, I've figured square footage already but need to get the concrete cost put into the equation. I also need to look into what a concrete buggy would cost to rent and if it even would go where we need it to go.

A couple of things I know from my experience:

A 12' x 5' x 4" tee pad will use 1 yard of concrete. Depending on how much you order and how long it takes to get it out of the truck, this should cost about $100/yard. A concrete buggy will have trouble with your hills. You could use ATV's and 5 gal buckets? I got both to donate for a work day. You will need multiple crews with someone on hand at with each crew who knows concrete finishing.

Dustin Nohr suggested donating money for concrete pads at Wildcat (not to put words in his mouth or obligate him; we just talked about this on Monday).

Thanks for the info Stibs. We were thinking of keeping each pad at 4' wide using the existing 4 x 4 frames to pour in. We'd nail a 2 x 4 to the top of the frames to get the depth we need after the blocks come out. This would save a lot of frame work and should get us the minimal depth we need, may not be exactley 4" though. I figured at 12' x 4' x 3" deep I would need 4.3333333 cubic yards per pad. So, a little deeper would add to that but I'd have to check the fomula again to be exact. We'd spread mulch around to bring the ground level up to the pads to alleviate any trip hazard.
I was worried about the concrete buggy and the hills. We do have Crager's ATV and I have some 5 gallon buckets too. Not sure what you're thinking on how to haul them at level going up the hills, hit me up and we can discuss. We do have a plastic side trailer we use for mulch transport that tilts. Not sure if that could be incorporated. If this gets done, it will take some coordinating and a few more people than the crew has. A cement truck can hold max 8 cubic yards from what I remember when I drove one back in the day. This may be a two or three step process unless we have the manpower to try to accomplish this in a day. :shock:
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Captain » Fri May 03, 2013 10:42 am

Budhyzer 17696 wrote: I figured at 12' x 4' x 3" deep I would need 4.3333333 cubic yards per pad.
Think you meant cubic feet. It would be 15.9 cubic feet or roughly 3/4 of yard. The truck can hold nine yards.

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:We were thinking of keeping each pad at 4' wide using the existing 4 x 4 frames to pour in. We'd nail a 2 x 4 to the top of the frames to get the depth we need after the blocks come out. . So, a little deeper would add to that but I'd have to check the formula again to be exact. We'd spread mulch around to bring the ground level up to the pads to alleviate any trip hazard.

Using the existing frames sure makes for a lot less work. Keeping the pads above the grade also makes sure you won't have standing water on tee pads. The 2x4 frames will be 3.5" thick, so a little off the ground will make it around 4" deep.

Budhyzer 17696 wrote: I was worried about the concrete buggy and the hills. We do have Crager's ATV and I have some 5 gallon buckets too. Not sure what you're thinking on how to haul them at level going up the hills, hit me up and we can discuss.

Put lids on the buckets. Problem is we will need a lot of them! We will also need lots of wheel barrows (and people to motor them). A full 5 gal bucket is 0.66 cu ft, so each pad would need 23 buckets.

Wonder how well a trailer and kiddie pool would work?
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Urbana - Wildcat Bluff